Posted: 17-Aug-2004, 07:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Last week, in the dark hour, I went through my library and built a playlist of dark and or sad songs to help me through the agony that had been the last week or so. Ended up with a 144 song list that I have titled "Dark Tears" . I'm still listening to it, although it doesn't have quite the same feel as it did when I was in the gutter. Still soothing to listen to.

This isn't the first time I've at least thought of a themed playlist. I've often thought to do a nautical list, and often build a playlist of one perticular artist. Just wondering; What themed playlists have others here built? What was the theme? Tell about it smile.gif

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
balisodare 
Posted: 17-Aug-2004, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacRowan

male

It's kind of geeky, but I make up "learning lists." ie...I pick out a bunch of CD's that have tracks I've been meaning to learn, throw them on winamp, and then have my own little virtual session.

Other lists I've made:
Sometimes I'll que up a row of the same tune(s), but by different instrumentalists/styles. I'll especially do this after learning the basics of a tune and when I want ideas for variations, etc.

Also...there's the typical "pump yourself up before a big day" list that we all make before a date/job interview/presentation/etc. Mine almost always has some tracks from the World Pipe Band Competitions, The Bothy Band, and Gordon Duncan.

Cheers
note.gif

--------------------
It's amazing what you can do with a little motivation and a lot of whiskey.
-Name that Musician
PMEmail Poster               
dfilpus 
Posted: 17-Aug-2004, 03:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Chapel Hill NC

male

My massage therapist plays music while she works. She prefers instrumental music with no vocals. She also likes Celtic music. I put together playlists of instrumental tunes by Wolfstone, the Battlefield Band and the like and burn a new CD for each session.

I've introduced her to a number of artists that are new to her. This has made the sessions more interesting.

--------------------
Näkemiin

Dave (SCA: Geoffrey Genour of Carney)
Protector of Bits and Bytes, Third cousin once removed to Phil, Prince of Insufficient Light

user posted image

Help out with the site! Win prizes!
Suggest videos at VideoCelt.com

Check out the outstanding video - Merchant Marine by Celtae
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]