September 16, 2010
- The Celtic Tenors have established themselves as the most successful classical crossover artists ever to emerge from Ireland. In 2000, following an impromptu audition at EMI in London, the Celtic Tenors were signed on the spot to an international record deal, a highly unusual event that was the talk of the music industry.
The Celtic Tenors’ fifth album has just been released in the US. Recorded in the Hollywood Hills, this new album is a collection of songs from North America, by songwriters including Stephen Foster and Bob Dylan. Essentially a roots album with rich harmony driven songs, Celtic Tenors, Daryl, James and Matthew were privileged to work with the Grammy-winning team of Steve Lindsey, Dillon O’Brien and Dave Way.
While each of The Celtic Tenors have been influenced by the musical traditions from their own individual parts of Ireland, Daryl, James and Matthew show great flexibility in melding their voices to suit the appropriate classical, folk, Irish and pop genres. The “Echo Award” in Germany for “Classical without Boundaries” was presented to The Celtic Tenors in recognition of this fact.
With a total album sales worldwide, of over one million, and a full international touring schedule, the Celtic Tenors have achieved charts success in the USA, Canada, Germany, the UK and Ireland.
The Celtic Tenors:
• have sung leading roles with top opera companies and performed in oratorio and concerts across the globe
• have appeared on TV across the USA, Canada and Europe
• have produced their own German TV Special – “Ein Grosser Irischer Abend” which was broadcast to millions across Germany and subsequently broadcast as a PBS Special coast-to-coast across the USA, ’Celebrate with The Celtic Tenors’
• headlined Irish and Celtic Festivals in Europe and the USA and performed with orchestras including the BBC Concert Orchestra, The National Symphony Orchestra of Ireland, the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra and the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra
The Celtic Tenors’ live show is an experience overflowing with vitality and variety from start to finish. The unique voices, charm and wit of Daryl, James and Matthew, combined with talented young Musical Director, Colm Henry, combine an emotive journey with a thoroughly uplifting experience. Equally at home performing to large festival crowds or intimate concert halls and theatres, and whether backed by a live band, symphony orchestra, solo piano, or even acapella, their voices and personalities always shine through alongside their undeniable Celtic charm.
Full details including can be viewed via www.celtictenors.com – and there is a downloadable press pack.
The Celtic Tenors have now confirmed the following UK concert dates:
26th The Roses Theatre Tewksbury
27th The Beck Theatre, Hayes
28th Playhouse Theatre Weston super Mare
29th Loughborough Town Hall
30th Rhodes Arts Centre, Bishops Stortford
3rd Millfield Arts Centre, Enfield
5th The Elgiva Theatre, Chesham
6th The Palace Theatre, Newark
7th Theatre Royal, Wakefield
9th Theatre Royal, Winchester
10th The Grove Theatre, Dunstable
The Celtic Tenors are available for interview and radio/TV appearances throughout their time in the UK and telephone interviews prior to their arrival in the UK can also be arranged.
For more details please contact:
John S. Cronin
Music & Media Consulting Limited