coastman 
Posted: 17-Nov-2006, 03:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Coastal Georgia

male

Sisterknight if you lived close to the coast I would certainly take you. Yes we had gale force winds as the storms moved through Wednesday. You just have to use common sense on the water. Maggiemahonie1 congratulations on the wedding. By the way the biopsy was calcification. We are overcomed with joy. We have smoked turkey and shrimp and crabs at Thanksgiving.
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 17-Nov-2006, 10:29 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

thank you coastman! I'm so glad that all is well and the biopsy was ok. clap.gif
I haven't made the redeye gravy yet, but plan to before long. I would prefer shrimping and eating the fruits of my labor any ol' day than fightin' my way thru a crowd! biggrin.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
Muircheartach 
Posted: 18-Nov-2006, 12:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Lots of opinions and options here...

Since my family moved west, we either go for a nice drive along highway 1, down from Half Moon Bay to Big Sur to walk the beaches, or we go sailing. I, like coastman, like to be around the water on the day after Thanksgiving - actually, I like to be around the water most of the time, now I think about it.

Contrast this with shopping in the holiest of holys, Macy's on 47th Street in NYC! Yes, I've been in that looney bin for more than my share of escalators that had so many people on them they stopped working and we had to walk up each floor, and fist fights in women's clothing. No one ever gets tired of seeing two gals from Brooklyn go at it over an Armani cocktail frock...

Yep, you just can't go wrong which ever way you go!

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 19-Nov-2006, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (Muircheartach @ 17-Nov-2006, 11:02 PM)
Lots of opinions and options here...

Since my family moved west, we either go for a nice drive along highway 1, down from Half Moon Bay to Big Sur to walk the beaches, or we go sailing. I, like coastman, like to be around the water on the day after Thanksgiving - actually, I like to be around the water most of the time, now I think about it.

Contrast this with shopping in the holiest of holys, Macy's on 47th Street in NYC! Yes, I've been in that looney bin for more than my share of escalators that had so many people on them they stopped working and we had to walk up each floor, and fist fights in women's clothing. No one ever gets tired of seeing two gals from Brooklyn go at it over an Armani cocktail frock...

Yep, you just can't go wrong which ever way you go!

I'm boycotting Macy's. They bought Marshall Field's and slapped their name on it. They said it was for advertising purposes, but I think they just wanted that skin on their wall. And now they're whining about us Chicagoans not going to their stores.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Muircheartach 
Posted: 19-Nov-2006, 11:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Hi Mike,

Yes, my wife and I were in Chicago on business not too long ago and noticed that Macy's has a "rather large presence" at Marshall Field.

I for one do not like Macy's owners, Federated Department Stores, since they decided around 10 years ago to do away with Emporiums, a great west coast department store that gave Macy's a run for it's money. They decided that only one giant should rule the roost, so Emporiums bit the dust. Too bad, they had a great selection on everything a person needed to furnish their home and put clothes on their back, and they had real sales, not the trumped-up ones that big red has.

Happy Thanksgiving none the less! thumbs_up.gif

PMEmail Poster               
Muircheartach 
  Posted: 25-Nov-2006, 08:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (Lady of the Loch @ 16-Nov-2006, 01:20 PM)
Anyone going shoppong the day after thanksgiving? It is a tradition for all of us women in the family to go.

good luck to those that are going, I hope you find what you are looking for  thumbs_up.gif  biggrin.gif

Hello Lady of the Loch (and all who braved the crowds yesterday!),

I hope you found what you were all after - from the sound of it, most people did. According to the news tonight, total sales have been totalled to $8.9B - which is six percent HIGHER than last year.

So, I guess the only question I can ask is, what did you get me? rolleyes.gif

Best cheers to all, and to all a good night!
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 25-Nov-2006, 11:45 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

I didn't brave the crowds as we had a true black Friday. We had a power failure in town that lasted for 6 hours and a lot of stores shut down so I wasn't able to do it if I would of wanted too.

Did anyone get any good deals this year?

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Muircheartach 
  Posted: 26-Nov-2006, 01:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Hi Rindy,

I'm guessing that you don't live in NYC? If that city shutdown for six hours, there would be be anarchy unsure.gif

The up-side is that you have 29 days to shop!

Blessings!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt