Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,976 Gold!

Background: O' Conchobhair. The name of six distinct and important septs. In Connacht there were O'Connor of O'Conor Don (of which was the last High King of Ireland) with its branches O'Conor Roe and O'Conor Sligo; also O'Conor Faly (i.e. of Offaly), O'Connor Kerry and O'Connor of Corcomroe (north Clare). The prefix O, formerly widely discarded, has been generally resumed. Similarly the variant form Connors has become O'Connor again. It is one of the most numerous names in Ireland particularly in County Kerry.

Variations: Connor, Conner, Conor, Connors, O'Connor, Connores, Conner, Connar, Connars, O'Connar, O'Conner, Connair, Connairs, Connaire, Connaires, Cawner, Cawners, Caunnor, Cauner, Cauners

More Info: http://heraldry.celticradio.net/search.php?id=37

Discussion of this family is welcomed.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Faemother 
Posted: 25-Mar-2009, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: North Carolina, United States

female

This info thrills my soul! biggrin.gif I have always been drawn to County Kerry but didn't know why; now I do! Now I have a question for you. My husband's mother was adopted in Ireland and brought to the states. Unfortunately she died an untimely death when he was but 16. Is there any way for him to research his family ties? He is very proud of his 100% Irish mother but has no clue where to go from there. Can you help us?
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]