Swanny 
Posted: 07-Dec-2003, 12:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

A glance at Lieren's ankle was pretty diagnostic. She may not have broken any bones but she'd certainly suffered a major disolocation. Unless she knew one of those magickal healers, she'd be down for at least a month or more. At least they were safely away from Rosslyn for the moment. IN fact,...

Um, Lieren, before you scamper offta the hospital, d'ya mind answering a wee question? She looked mildly amused. Good, she's still got her sense of humor about her. Where the heck are we?

I glanced about the minimal clutter of a library that it is actively and actually used rather than merely collected.

And where do you recommend I start? Have you something pertinent here? I gestured toward the overloaded shelves. Some of the volumes I recognized as being very limited editions. No more than three or four copies anywhere in the world. I'd easily get sidetracked if I couldn't remain focused.

(OOC - Not that I haven't been sidetracked before, mind you )

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 07-Dec-2003, 10:50 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

biggrin.gif

She actually surpressed a laugh at that question. "We're at India Place, Edinburgh, in my humble abode." She smiled and watched him looking at her collection of books.

"I have some accounts of the Knights Templar somewhere in my bedroom.. it's over there.." She gestured behind her, where te hallway was. "There should also be accounts of other crusaders like Fulk and that byzantinian Princess.. You will have to look for yourself. Stuff about the Sinclairs should be smomewhere near the window here. That's mainly accounts of their history though. The whole early Medieval Period should be piled up in my bedroom."

A knock at the door and a smallish man stepped in. He lacked hair on his head but had the more in his face. He was freckled all over and spoke with a heavy irish accent. Lierin smiled. "Hello Dr O'Toole, how are you?"
"Not as bad as you are I assume." Lierin rolled her eyes. "Will you start to work your magic any time soon? If ye believe it or not, this hurts!"
"Sure lass." He knelt down in front of his patient and unwrapped the ankle from the cold and wet towel. Lierin rolled her eyes at Bill. I should be back in not much time, so use yer time. Callum had lain down on the floor near the couch and didn't move, apparently sleeping. He'll look after you Lierin added as she, assisted by one of the boys from the ambulance hobbled out of the door.

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 11-Dec-2003, 02:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Within minutes of Lierin's departure I had three of the most likely volumes spread out on a walnut table and was deeply absorbed in my studies.
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 11-Dec-2003, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

((OOC: now, that's a quick one wink.gif ))

Lierin hobbled back into the flat, assisted by a taxi driver who also carried her crutches. She could be heard talking to him for a minute and of course she gave him a large tip for his help. Then she took up her crotches and hobbled into the living room where she let herself fall on a chair next to the table. "It's only a cracked, not broken. But did you find anything out yet?"

((btw, watched an interesting prgramme about that holy lance today =) ))
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 11-Dec-2003, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

As Jimbo and I went back up through the house, the odd fellow that we had encountered in the basement came up behind us. He tossed me a shoe, which I immediatly recognized as Ann's. There was absolutely no doubt about it, the fungal infection from which she suffered was clearly evident in the smell of the shoe. I hurriedly tossed it aside and looked for a place to wash my hands. My heart was fairly broken with what had happened and the thought of Ann being kidnapped by the sort of kidnappers who would leave the gruesome relics behind we had encountered in the kitchen, all the time suffering from a head cold. Why hadn't she said anything about it, I wondered, there were medicines available to relieve that stuffy nose.

We started back towards the pub, I wanted to collect my bags back there and we had to get back to Jimbo's car. I noticed the lanky stranger following us, and when we entered the pub, he immediatly bought three whiskeys. I tossed mine back rather hurriedly since I really was in a hurry. Then briefly headed back to the bathroom to take care of business, besides, I really did want to wash my hands after handling my princesses shoe. As I closed the bathroom door I noticed the mirror was broken and wondered if that had occurred somehow in the kidnapping. When I got back to the bar, Jimbo was tossing back one last Balboa, and we started to leave. The stranger tagged along with us.

Jimbo's car was not far down the street and we got in. Jimbo had gotten some good duty for a change, and had been assigned to the U.S. consulate in Edinburgh. But he had to be back by morning, and I wanted to get there to continue my search for Ann. As we started to drive off the stranger opened up the back door, and crammed himself into the back seat. Jimbo looked at me sort of alarmed and started to speak up. But whenever this guy was around, it seemed as if he were putting words in my mouth.

I decided not to even try to speak, and off we drove.

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Swanny 
Posted: 12-Dec-2003, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

But did you find anything out yet?

I shook my head. Nothing we didn't know before. That's little enough, too.

Maybe if I knew more about your gates, the void, and that sort of thing I could figure out what the vampire is up to??? I'm afraid I'm woefully ignorant of such things.
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 12-Dec-2003, 04:32 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

"Feel free.. my predecessors and I sort of collected what we could find, but most of it is oral tradition. Most of the written down is mysticistic pish ( wink.gif )... " She made a gesture towards a pile of books. "All in there if you need it"

Her stomach grumbled noisily and she smiled.. "What about if I give you a round-up for dinner? There are some nice take-aways around here.. can't be bothered to cook."

((OOC: okay: the way I imagine it there is the two worlds (I imagine it a bit like a parallel universe, those of you who read robert asprin!) and the void is a bit like the bond that keeps them apart. In the void there are many "spirits" malevolent some times, some nice, maybe souls or the remnants of them. Having left the substantial world they are very powerful.))
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 12-Dec-2003, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Round-up? I chanced a wink. When I was a lad I was fostered for a while on a cattle ranch in Colorado. Round-up referred to gathering up all the cattle in the spring to brand, castrate and vaccinate calves. Dinner at round-up was generally a big pot of navy beans with maybe a bit of ham and a nice slab of cornbread baked in a dutch oven in the fire. Whatever you recommend is fine. I could certainly stand to eat.

I looked over the stack of books. Having been exposed to Native Americans during a formative period of my youth I certainly understood her statement about oral tradition, and the writings derived from such traditions being rather superficial.

Let's see if we can figure out this vampire's motives. Maybe that will help us think what he may be up to. The past year he's turned more humans that I've ever heard of a vampire turning before, including at least one prepubescent child. (OOC-that was referenced in our "side-trip" thread that has sense been purged from the board, I believe). He's recruited at least one living helper, quite possibly that south-American chap back in the pub where this part of our adventure began ever so many days ago. I'd sure like to learn more about that fellow. (OOC - my character doesn't know or your character's and McCrea's activities while he was recovering from his equestrian misadventure). He certainly wanted something badly at Dierlot, whether it was the artifact or access to the gate or both, we can't be sure. He certainly showed up with plenty of helpers, both vampirish and phantom. Could his phantom allies have come from your void? You'd have known about that if they had, wouldn't you?

If this thing were human I would be able to guess that it's motived either by money, sex or power. He's been around a couple of hundred years and if he's at all like most vampires he's accumulated enough wealth that money is probably not an issue. Given that most of the females I've seen interact with him have been all-but swooning at his mere presence, I'd have to guess that he doesn't have much trouble acquiring mates, so that pretty much leaves power as his primary motivator.

A flash of brilliance? Maybe. I looked over the dusty tomes in Lierin's "Templar Collection".

Look, here is a translation of the Templar Rule of Order Those old knights templar were some seriously devout dudes. I mean they were as truly dedicated warrior monks as any from the Far East. The swore vows of poverty and celibacy, the whole nine yards.

Now, let's look at this rule:

"Where you know excommunicated knights to be gathered, there we command you to go; and if anyone there wishes to join the order of knighthood from regions overseas, we order him to be received."

When Philip the Fair and Pope Clement V conspired to disband the Knights Templar, they were ALL excommunicated.

Now, I can't think of anything more tortuous to the soul of a righteous warrior than to be dishonored, nor to the spirit of a righteous monk than to be excommunicated. To the Knights Templar, this turn of events must have been a double-whammy.

Could the spirits of those Knights Templar who escaped to Scotland under protection of Robert the Bruce be in your void? Is it possible that our vampire might wish to free them in hopes of building a phantom army of really pissed-off warrior monks? Imagine their reaction to the morality of our age? That which we consider 'normal' they might consider to be ultimately sacriligeous. As men, these guys considered their lives to be a living sacrifice, and each of them swore to avenge the death of Jesus Christ through their own deaths. How do you suppose they would respond to the life choices of a typical person during our own age?

Is it possible that this vampire may have been descended from a Templar Master? If so, he might have enough authority over the order, or the spirits of those within the order, to actually command some authority and control over them. If our vampire could control such an army, would that not give him a tremendous amount of power?
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 12-Dec-2003, 07:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

I tried to imagine the abilities of a phantom army of warrior months.

You know, phantoms don't have much impact in our physical world. At least, they aren't much more than a distriction. They could play havoc in the magical realms though. Cause a lot of trouble for wiccans and wizards and witches and such.

I bit my tongue and glanced guiltily toward Lierin. I still wasn't quite sure where she stood in the magikal scheme of things.

Maybe if I'm a bit slow and careful with my timing they can take out some the wizards and witches that tortured me so as a child.

I shielded the thought, just in case Lierin actually was a mind-reader, in spite of her earlier reassurance.

PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 03:08 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

Lierin considered and got up to order a takeaway for two..

"I don't know about your templar theory but it might be possible that there are a few that were particularly bad and were banned into the void." she replied cautiously and sat down again, stretching her leg with the injured foot away from her.

"I mean, some of them surely were devout but I doubt that everyone was.. just read here.. " She pulled out an elderly leatherbound book out of a pile and laid it on the table, flicking through the pages. "This is a transcript of the journal of Byzantine Princess and she describes the behaviour of some of the western men, in especially some of the Knights Templar, not understanding why they were so interested in worldy goods if they were to fight for Gods Realm on earth. She found the page and turned the handwritten volume towards Bill.

"They are their souls, Bill. Not just Phantoms, and they are powerful enough to drive into someone else and take over his or her mind... That occured a few times before and the Gatekeeper was severely punished." She pulled a sick face. If this should happen in my time I'm fecked...
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 05:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

{sigh}
Some were devout and righteous in their own day. Some were evil through and through. After all is said and done they were as human and as subject to human weaknesses as are we all.

You yourself hinted that each of us, human or not, has his or her own time and place. When people or entities are displaced either chronologically or geographically then we get into trouble. That which is appropriate and honorable in one time and place is just the opposite in another.
That's about as heavy a bit of philosophy as I wish to contemplate.

In any event, we can be pretty certain that this vampire has outlived his own time, and he seems particularly attracted to locations along this particular ley-line. We need to figure out where O'Calahan is most likely to show up next, be there, and terminate the darned thing's existence.

You're looking a bit pale and peaked. Are you okay?
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

"mmh... I guess I'm alright, for now. But if you are right I might end up in there as well." Lierin looked unhappily down at her leg and then caressed the sleeping wolf between the ears.
She was embarrassed to look up, knowing that anybody would be able to see the fear in her face or her eyes.
The doorbell rescued her out of her situation and she got up and took her crotches to hobble through to the door.

After a few minutes she came back, balancing on one crotch a big bag which smelled suspiciously like a vindaloo dish and some other delicious indian food. She brushed some of the books aside and put the bag on the table before sitting down again.
"Well, Pakora's and Bhajis for starter, a big bottle of Irn Bru and for you a Chicken Madras and for me a Lamb Vindaloo." She unpacked the bag, put the 2 -litre bottle on the table and dished up the food. "And of course - Nan Bread. I took the garlic variation." The wolf opened his eyes. And mine?
Lierin laughed and threw him some chicken pakora's. "You should be out hunting."
And leave you alone with that human?? You got an injured leg, cubby.
Lierin laughed louder and sticked her tongue out.
"Bon Appetit" she snatched a pakora, dipped it into the sauce and stuck it into her mouth, closing her eyes in the joy of taste.
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

I focused on the food for a bit, hoping to give my poor overworked mind a break.

Irn-bru and curry?? I quipped, having tried to stifle a belch. International soul-food?

Then it hit me, almost like a club.

Lierin had said "They are souls, not just phantoms."

Here I was, enjoying dinner "body and soul."

That's it!!! He isn't just wanting to release a random bunch of spirits. He's dead, too, remember? He wants to be reunited with HIS OWN SOUL. I'll bet you anything you wish that HIS soul was banished into the void, and Mr. Jack O'Calahan wants it back."
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 16-Dec-2003, 09:10 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

((I thought you meant the food hit you like a club... Chicken Madras is hell to eat.. I usually have massive problems with a nice vindaloo, it tastes great but you inevitably start thinking that it has to get out again.. =o ))

"My... you might be right there. I wish there was a way for me to check if his soul is in there! I did not think of that at all!"

She emptied her pint of Irn Bru and sat there, feeling well fed with the nice spiciness of the vindaloo still lingering in her mouth, thinking about what Bill just said. If I could just check..
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 16-Dec-2003, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

As Lierin contemplated the question a shiver ran up and down my spine. The kind the old ones refer to as "someone walking upon your grave."

No Way. I took a deep breath.

There is NO WAY that I am going into your void, at least not willingly and not during this lifetime.

I have no idea what Moira may have told you about me, but she and some of her order think I'm some sort of mythical voodoo-dude in answer of some ancient prophecy or another, but I'm not. I'm just a good old fashioned human being with a bit of talent and training out to make some money. I don't have any special super-powers or magikal abilities or big medicine or whatever your own beliefs would describe. I rely on hot lead and cold steel and brainpower and there is no way I can see that a physical person such as I could be of any use at all in a spiritual realm.

Why do I feel as though that darned wolf is laughing at me?

(OOC - I s'pose I should try to rebuild the character sketch that seems to have disappeared along with our sidetrip thread. It's embarassing but I'm having trouble remembering some of the details of who/what my character is or isn't. I'll try to get to it tonight or tomorrow night)
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt