Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Can't Forget The Kitties, which are your favorites?
Bookmark and Share
DesertRose 
Posted: 10-Oct-2006, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

I volunteer at our local animal shelter and there were these two most beautiful cats I have ever seen. I was told they were "Scottish fold's". They were gray and white and had very small ears, but what ears they had were folded...hence the name "Scottish fold." Very friendly and loving kitties, I might add. The breeder had to leave and could no longer sell her cats. What a shame, eh?

My sis has Bengal cats. do y'all have favorite breeds of cats or you love mixed breeds.? If so, share with us and even share photos of your kitties!

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
haynes9 
Posted: 10-Oct-2006, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Well, we've got two purebred mixed breeds wink.gif ! Got them from the animal shelter a few years ago.

I'm not a big cat fan, but these guys are pretty cool. Sierra, the mixed calico, caught a muse for us last night, so she is on my wife's good list!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
valpal59 
Posted: 11-Oct-2006, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

My favorites are the mixbreed kittens that a stray cat had in our backyard. I have a soft heart and am going to move them in because of the bad weather we are supposed to have tonight. 3 old Labs and 4 kittens. Three ring circus at our house. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
DesertRose 
Posted: 12-Oct-2006, 04:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

I really love cats, too. Any breed or mixed breeds. However, I devloped a big allergy to them so I can't hang around them for very long. My husband is one of those who dislikes cats very much, so I couldn't take in a kitty, if I wanted to, between him and my alleriges. Shoot! I am probably allergic to my dogs as well and don't know it! unsure.gif
dundee 
Posted: 12-Oct-2006, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacReed

male

i dont believe in cats....

however if i was forced i would want a ragdoll.... note.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 12-Oct-2006, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

I own a Manx as well as a Burma (stray) and her son which looks like just an ordinary cat and a calico. I love them all. My Manx is a really loving one. She likes to be picked up and since she has no tail she likes to sit on my arm like a kid and put her front paws around my neck and cuddles like a little kid. She is adorable. We got her out of a shelter in Texas.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
mydogisaleprechaun 
Posted: 23-Mar-2007, 03:38 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

Realm: sunny southern california!

female

I have two calicos, mama and her baby (named Plink and Boo). These two are constantly bouncing off walls, furniture, and just about any other hard surface. My third is a big cuddly orange tabby cat...and i am convinced that he in fact is a leprechaun. Clyde is 12 and loves to eat, sleep, and once in a while try to get busy with my two female cats...dirty oly bugger hug.gif
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Swanny 
Posted: 23-Mar-2007, 09:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

I doubt I could get away with having cats at my place. I'm afraid my dogs would love them - for lunch.

When I was growing up my Mom had a passion for Siamese cats, especially the Seal Point line. What a noisy bunch of felines they were, too. They were very pretty and incredible hunters.

For the most part I'm not a big fan of domestic cats, but I do admire the wild ones. Growing up in Colorado I always enjoyed watching bobcats, and here in Alaska lynx are really cool.

Swanny

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 23-Mar-2007, 04:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

MEOW!!!!

R.I.P. Pickles

I do adore cats. The feline linked to above, and myself, literally grew up together.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

Mountain Legacy -- Born in the isles, raised in Appalachia
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
DesertRose 
Posted: 24-Mar-2007, 11:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Really beautiful cat!
DesertRose 
Posted: 20-May-2007, 01:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Well today I hope I saved a kitty cat. there was a gray and white kitty that looked to be about 6 months old that kept hanging around our front entry way because it is cool and private. hubby who HATES cats saw it while he was watering the plants and started hollering at this cat...get out, get out! I was like what the heck is going on? I looked out and saw this kitty who just kept hanging around. me being the major animal lover told hubby to shut up and leave this kitty alone! He was like, I don't want this cat hanging around here...period! Did I say he hates cats?!

I was able to get a hold of this kitty. She was very approachable, loving. She had a collar on her and obviously had been declawed! So someone took the time and expense to care for her. However, on further investigation she did not look well cared for as her fur was all matted. I asked other neighbors if she was their cat and they all said no but had this cat hang around their door step and ran her off as well as my mean husband! rolleyes.gif

So I finally wrapped her up and drove her to the animal shelter who was able to take her and put her in an a/c environment with plenty of water and food and protection. I felt I had no choice and that this was the best alternative for her. Imagine a cat outside trying to defend itself with no claws! Plus, it is very hot here in the desert right now.

I will be checking on this kitty and providing monetary funds to make sure she gets a proper home. We all suspect that someone moved out of the neighborhood and left her behind. You don't even want to know what I think of people who do such things!

censored.gif
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 17-Jul-2007, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

I have always had some sort of pet - and have always had a cat.
Right now we have two black Angoras that we got from the local county animal shelter. They are brother and sister and their names are Boris and Natasha. (Remember the characters from Rocky and Bullwinkle). They are only about 2 - 3 years old. They are both the sweetest cats that I have ever owned - Natasha is a real diva cat and can look at you and almost read your mind. Boris is very playful and loves to stalk your ankles when you walk past him.

We used to own a Scottish Terrier named Maggie, but we had to have her put down a year ago because of old age and some serious health issues she was facing. We miss her, but I know it was the right thing to do.

We also own a green parakeet named Duncan. He belongs to my daughter and she wanted to name him something Scottish.

--------------------
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.""
Psalm 91:1-2

"Be what you would seem to be--or, if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." from "Alice in Wonderland"
PMEmail Poster               
dundee 
Posted: 19-Jul-2007, 01:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacReed

male

I thought this would be appropriate...... laugh.gif
dont hate me because i have a sense (or lack of) of humor. note.gif

Attached Image. Works with IE only! (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
valpal59 
Posted: 20-Jul-2007, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

lol.gif
I love cats and I have one, but I would really like one of these to put on my fridge.
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Leyland 
Posted: 15-Dec-2007, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacElder

Realm: SC Foothills

female

QUOTE (Swanny @ 23-Mar-2007, 09:29 AM)
When I was growing up my Mom had a passion for Siamese cats, especially the Seal Point line.  What a noisy bunch of felines they were, too.  They were very pretty and incredible hunters.
Swanny

I have the same passion for Siamese cats and am on my fourth Applehead/tradtional since the first one I got when I was six years old. The current one, Kona, is a male sealpoint and is the first purebred Applehead I've owned. He is by far the noisiest! He likes to talk alot in that uniquely resonent deep voice.

The others were mixed but were completely seal pointed except for the two that had a little white on their paws.

My other cat, Kailua, is a Siamese mix but has gray tabby points, white on front paws, a white belly and chest, as well as white back legs up to the "knees". He goes so limp when picked up that I think he's probably part ragdoll. He's got deep blue eyes. I adopted him from the humane society.

--------------------
Have a Corona and a smile!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt