zeryx 
Posted: 01-Sep-2006, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: St Andrews ~ Scotland

female

Yup - it's me, the bad penny turning up again after a week of fun and frolics in Glasgow!!! I swear I've gained lbs with all the good eating and living - we didn't eat the same nationality twice - starting off with Scottish (haggis, neeps and tatties) moving on to Indian, then Greek, Chinese and finally Italian.

--------------------
user posted image

Friends are like quiet angels who lift our feet when our wings forget how to fly
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 01-Sep-2006, 12:34 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome back zeryx... glad to hear you had some fun! Which traditonal food did you like the best?

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
zeryx 
Posted: 01-Sep-2006, 12:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

female

To be quite honest Rindy I enjoyed every single meal - my favourite? urmmm tricky, the Indian and the Chinese were buffet meals so we ate a bit of everything, the Italian - at Antipasti bolognaise baked in foil was devine, Scottish - I adore haggis to start with so this is always a winner because I don't get it very often (the only one at home who really likes it) and Greek at The Parthenon (3 course meal) selected meals - I'd say if you really forced me to chose I'd be torn between the Italian and the Greek wink.gif
haynes9 
Posted: 01-Sep-2006, 01:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Welcome back, Lynda. BTW, you were the third top poster for the month of August.

Wooo-Hoooo w00t1.gif !

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
zeryx 
Posted: 01-Sep-2006, 01:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

female

Hi - thanks for the lovely welcome home Mark smile.gif Was I really!! wow lol - guess I talk far too much biggrin.gif

Apart from the food and the new people I met via my work I wasn't too impressed with Glasgow though. You need to remember I live in a small town with a population of approx 20,000 people - to me Glasgow was an ugly mass of buildings, concrete, cars, noise and no green anywhere!!! It's OK to visit for a short period but I certainly would never wish to live there or visit daily.

The buildings are a strange mixture between very modern and very old. The "tin foil" building as we nicknamed it was visible from the hotel room (we were on the 8th floor) - what a strange building it is. We particularly loved the Sentinal Building though - it changed colour through a huge range of colours
red
blue
orange/yellow
You can see it changing colours on this page wink.gif http://www.sentinelglasgow.co.uk/index.php?nav=32

There was another building just by us that was also very colourful with it's blue lights
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i155/zer...28082006121.jpg

There are lots of photos on this site of the new Glasgow landscape http://www.futureglasgow.co.uk/

Then you had rather odd old buildings such as this one http://greekthomsonchurch.com/oldsite/imag.../churchrear.jpg
Rindy 
Posted: 01-Sep-2006, 02:02 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Wow, thanks for posting those urls. That Sentinal building is something else... I live in a whopping town of 10,000 I know what you mean by mass......lol I love Italian now I am hungry....

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 01-Sep-2006, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Northern Plains
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Welcome back Darlin'! I DID miss you, you are one I can count on being there in MY evening and my morning. It must be a time zone thing, that or ONE of us isn't getting enough sleep! wink.gif Good tae have ye back!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
zeryx 
Posted: 01-Sep-2006, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

female

biggrin.gif Hi Ed!! Yup you are 8 hours behind me timewise ... though I suspect me being online late at night explains it a wee bit!
Dogshirt 
Posted: 01-Sep-2006, 07:49 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Northern Plains
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

That and my being up at 4:00AM to go to work. But that will change as it gets light later. biggrin.gif

beer_mug.gif
sisterknight 
Posted: 03-Sep-2006, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: montreal west, quebec

female

welcome back you world traveller , even if it was your stamache that did all the world eating!!!!small town, think i got you beat there...5000 in our town!!!i know what you mean about haggis too!!!love the stuff and oat cakes too...everyone else in the family says....well never mind!!!!

vik

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
zeryx 
Posted: 03-Sep-2006, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

female

biggrin.gif Hi Vik - I noticed you've not been around this weekend - nice to see you smile.gif Yup I do believe you've got me pipped with your small town lol
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 04-Sep-2006, 12:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
2,147,483,647 Gold!

Miss the red headed Scottish hottie? Of course I did! By the way, the town I live close to (not in) has 1,000 people.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
zeryx 
Posted: 04-Sep-2006, 02:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

female

Wow that's no more than a hamlet Bill!! wink.gif

(psssst I'm not really a red head, I'm a brunette and any redness in my hair is dye wink.gif )
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt