Posted: 22-Aug-2006, 06:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Quebec

female

Last week my honey and I have saw the movie which talk about the author the Marquis De Sade who was consider crazy and a pervert in his time.He his recognise as a very special author mostly because sexuality is extremely present in his book.I was too curious to see his style so I buy Justine and I think I understand now why he was not like by church .The name of Sade is well know.I have to admit I wish to read it because my honey like many people had read it at the university and since I didn't go.I will certainly not read the 120 journey of sodom which is terrible(this is what I heard) .I think I just open my mind to a new style and for the moment ,justine is not so horrible to read.

Iam curious to know how many people here have ever read one of his work and your point of view about it.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
dundee 
Posted: 22-Aug-2006, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacReed

male

back in my early 20's i read justine. it did perked my baser instincts. here is a snippet from a link on him and the work http://www.kirjasto.sci.fi/desade.htm

The most infamous writer in the history of French literature, who occasionally has been hailed as "the freest spirit who has ever existed." (or evilest??? mine) Marquis de Sade published erotic writings, that gave rise to the term sadism - enjoyment of cruelty, which first made it into a dictionary in 1834.

Justine, de Sade's most famous work, depicts graphically sexual encounters of a poor young girl. de Sade wrote an early version of the novel in the Bastille and completed it in 1791 while free. In de Sade's philosophy God is evil and the misfortunes suffered by Justine are a result from denying this truth. de Sade himself declared Justine a work "capable of corrupting the devil" and denied his authorship. According to D.J. Enright, de Sade's philosophy was very simple: "if you enjoy wickedness, it shows that Nature intended you to be wicked, and it would be wicked not to be." Some 19th-century writers were inspired by de Sade's belief that people should act on their instincts.

personally i think he was wicked and he enjoyed it and rationalized it.

(or evilest??? mine)

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt