Posted: 10-Aug-2006, 09:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Florida

female

Out of curiousity, who has used the link in my signature to feed a big cat? It is free, clicking the link will take you to another bone to click on. When anyone clicks on this bone, the local Jaguar car company in Tampa, Fl will donate money to Big Cat Rescue. The money is used directly to feed all the cats at this sanctuary. This link works well with Firefox, and I wasn't sure if the link was working for anyone who uses Windows. Please let me know if it works for you. Here is the website to the sanctuary if anyone is curious. http://www.bigcatrescue.org/index.htm

--------------------
*~Extinction is Forever~*

"For Those Who Can't Speak, We Must" -Tiger Creek
http://www.tigercreek.org/

"Man is born free, but is everywhere in chains."
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

*Cha shoirbh triubhas a chur air cat.
Itís not easy to put trews on a cat.* CR

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Dogshirt 
Posted: 10-Aug-2006, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Northern Plains
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

I just cliced it and it worked fine. Even though I am a wolf and dog man, I realize cats need to eat too! thumbs_up.gif

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 14-Aug-2006, 01:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

I didn't even know that "bone" was a site link! OK -- I clicked it. So I can click this every day? smile.gif

I love the big cats. (I also love how little cats act like they think they're big cats.)
PMEmail Poster               
Celtic cat 
Posted: 14-Aug-2006, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

biggrin.gif Yep you can click it every day. clicky clicky
Dogshirt 
Posted: 14-Aug-2006, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Northern Plains
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

If I might, I'd like to add the site that is dear to me. Wolf Haven rescues wolves and wolf hybrids from people that think it's COOL to have these animals but have NO clue as to how to keep them or how to deal with their special needs. I raised wolf hybids for close to 20 years, and had a great deal of sucess. Some of my "dogs" went to Special Olympics and gave cart and sled rides to the athletes and kids. I raised happy, healthy "dogs". But one day I realized that all my girls were old, and when I looked around the only lines I could find were nervous, schitzy and TOTALLY unsutable for what I did. As a result my line of hybrids is now extinct. I miss them terribly, but I would and will not breed a dangerous dog!
So I ask that you take a look at Wolf Haven and find it in your heart to help these creatures that so desperately need it. Wolf Haven
Thank you for looking!

beer_mug.gif
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 15-Aug-2006, 04:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
2,147,483,647 Gold!

I clicked the bone. Do you realize North Carolina also has a rescue for big cats and other carnivores? It is Carnivore Preservation Trust, located near Pittsboro, NC.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
Celtic cat 
Posted: 15-Aug-2006, 12:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Thank you guys so much for the websites. I love to hear about new honest organizations. And CS, I think I might like to intern at that place in NC it sounds great. I have been looking for a place that I can intern at recently. Have you ever been to this place before? Do their cats look well? Sorry, I'm excited. tee hee. laugh.gif
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 15-Aug-2006, 05:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
2,147,483,647 Gold!

I haven't been there myself, but they have a really good reputation and seem to work very hard to ensure that their animals are well taken care of. They occaisionally make the local news for fund raisers and such. Have seen a couple reports about the place; all are positive. thumbs_up.gif

They are within easy commuting distance of NC State which has a really good Vet program. And about a 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive from the NC Zoo in Ashboro (a "natural habitat" zoo). If you end up coming this way, let us know. smile.gif
stoirmeil 
Posted: 15-Aug-2006, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

It's just mind-boggling, reading about how they acquired a few of those tigers, for example -- tied to a tree starving in the middle of a big city, or just walking loose down a highway. What in the world is on people's minds? Although I have to say, I have a copy of the tiger movie Disney made ("Two Brothers") and it seems to give the same wrong-headed message -- tiger cubs can be lifelong friends with humans, or at least remember them and not hurt them.

Well -- got to go click the bone for today. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
jdodd 
Posted: 16-Aug-2006, 10:33 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

male

I didn't realize it was a link either. Done for today.

I think I'll try to stop by there when I'm down in that area next month. It sounds great.
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 16-Aug-2006, 06:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
2,147,483,647 Gold!

QUOTE (jdodd @ 16-Aug-2006, 11:33 AM)
I think I'll try to stop by there when I'm down in that area next month. It sounds great.

If you mean the Carnivore Trust, remember that they are open for tours on a reservation basis only and only on Saturdays.
Patch 
Posted: 19-Apr-2008, 06:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

My brother, a vet, kept a Mountain Lion that a digestive problem and needed a special diet. The breeder was going to have it put down. My brother had no luck finding a zoo to take it so he kept it for 14 years till it died. It was a lot of laughs at times when it was playing but could never be trusted. Fortunately it only weighed about 80 lb but it was better equipped to fight than us. It was probably the best burglar alarm ever because he always left the impression it was loose in the building at night and on weekends. I know a young man here who keeps an adult male Bengal Tiger. He plays with it in the enclosure. It is a beautiful animal but you would not get me in that cage.

Slŗinte,††††

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt