Posted: 23-Jul-2006, 05:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Quebec

female

The Highland games in Montreal will be the first sunday of august at Pierrefond.What is extraordinary with this ?This year I am able to go with my honey and a few friend wearing our kilt or for some of us traditionnal scottish costume from medieval time.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Keltic 
Posted: 23-Jul-2006, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario Canada

male

The Montreal Highland Games are a great games. My only problem, which is shared by many vendors that set up at the games is that they allow too many junk vendors. Aside from that, they have a great venue in Pierrefonds. I remember my years competing when the Montreal Highland Games were held in St. Lambert. It had to be one of the worse venues, right beside a highway with very little shade. Ten years ago, it moved to the Douglas Hospital in Verdun which was a really nice piece of real estate to hold a Games but this only lasted a few years. The sports park in Pierrefonds was a good find to replace the grounds of the Douglas.

Anyways, anyone who hasn't been to the Montreal Highland Games, it's only about 1 hour from Maxville so you can take in the Glengarry Highland Games on Friday and Saturday, then follow most of the competitors to Montreal for Sunday.

--------------------
Nancy-Raven 
Posted: 09-Aug-2006, 05:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Quebec

female

Yes you were right it was great.We like more the games and the festivities in Quebec city were not so fun when we went saturday.My honey and I had a lot of pleasure to were our kilt and arisad in wool and it was less hot then the dress and coat we had for Quebec.Anyway I absolutely want to go to the games next year.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt