Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> New Cd Contest / Top Members, A new spin on our monthly CD contest.
Bookmark and Share
crazykiltedcelt 
Posted: 02-Aug-2006, 09:24 AM
Quote Post

LOCH MOY
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: utah

male

but Iam afrad of the dark! Hey wait aminute fi Iam in the closet can I be the boogeyman. GOT A BOOGE ON MY FINGER AND IT WONT COME OFF. laugh.gif note.gif beer_mug.gif

--------------------
shout freedom and loose the legs of woe

A man in a kilt is a man & an halve
PMEmail Poster               
dundee 
Posted: 02-Aug-2006, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

i do not think it is a good idea... to award a prize to those who post the most. i believe there are a lot of loyal listeners out there that do not have the opportunity nor time to post to every little game in the community. when i view my "view new post" link it is always a stream of the same names in almost every thread out there...i would like to see quality and not quantity of posts and i dont believe that will happen awarding prizes to who can post the most.

just my humble opinion. take it or leave. note.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
marti64 
Posted: 02-Aug-2006, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

if you don't want to play..........need I say more?

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
haynes9 
Posted: 02-Aug-2006, 10:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

QUOTE (dundee @ 02-Aug-2006, 09:51 AM)
i do not think it is a good idea... to award a prize to those who post the most. i believe there are a lot of loyal listeners out there that do not have the opportunity nor time to post to every little game in the community. when i view my "view new post" link it is always a stream of the same names in almost every thread out there...i would like to see quality and not quantity of posts and i dont believe that will happen awarding prizes to who can post the most.

just my humble opinion. take it or leave. note.gif

I understand where you're coming from, Dundee. Perhaps we could limit the number of prizes a person could win to add more variety. I was a winner this month, so it would not upset me if I was not eligible for August.

I don't think you meant to come across the way you seemed to. I posted more this month than I ever have before. If you would want to select a winner based on quality posts, what would be the criteria and who would judge? I am not closed at all to the idea, but I also think that we played according to the rules this last month, whether or not the posts were quality.

Not trying to be contentious, Dundee. You are a great poster and I always enjoy reading your opinions, agree or disagree.

Have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
CelticRadio 
Posted: 03-Aug-2006, 04:48 AM
Quote Post

Member is Online

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

Some great comments here and yes I understand the concern with quality of posts versus quality and the fact that there are many a faithful listener out there that have never posted to this forum. Some great feedback dundee!

This is not something we want to do every month, and maybe it might be a good idea to have it as a seperate contest from our standard monthly contests.

We have about 100 CDs in our inventory of contests, so we need to start accelerating the # of CD giveaways. You can thank all of the new Founder Member signups over the past few days for our ability to continue these contests, as the costs of shipping and the packaging is funded by the sales of new Founder accounts.

We should announce the winners and new contests in a few days, probably by this Saturday - the 5th.

--------------------
Wallace MacArthur
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network

Imagination is more Important than Knowledge
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
stevenpd 
Posted: 03-Aug-2006, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

An American Guardian of the Realm
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

How about a compromise?

A winner for a specific contest can not eligible for the next, say, 90 days in the same contest, but would be eligible in the others.

If there is a concern of quality over quantity, then exclude the "Fun 'n Games" forum altogether or could it be a word count of all posts? I know that some posts are rather lengthy but fewer.

Additionally, how about a random selection of a poster with just one post as well as the most posts?

Do the prizes have to be just CD's?

With all this in mind, does Macfive have the time?

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2013 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
dundee 
Posted: 03-Aug-2006, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (stevenpd @ 03-Aug-2006, 02:32 PM)
How about a compromise?

A winner for a specific contest can not eligible for the next, say, 90 days in the same contest, but would be eligible in the others.

If there is a concern of quality over quantity, then exclude the "Fun 'n Games" forum altogether or could it be a word count of all posts? I know that some posts are rather lengthy but fewer.

Additionally, how about a random selection of a poster with just one post as well as the most posts?

Do the prizes have to be just CD's?

With all this in mind, does Macfive have the time?

good quality post ya have here stevenpd beer_mug.gif thumbs_up.gif ......me thinks you have some good idea's.... i especially like the part of excluding the "fun and games" section. that is where most of the posts are going to: "the person above me" , "word association", "change the letter"....etc..... these are (although i am sure fun) simple one word or one sentence snippets... but yes they will get your post count up.

hey i think it is ok to give recognition to the highest poster... plaster their name on some of the pages..... but if its for a prize then that could be the only reason they are posting. again my humble opinion

oh and thank you steven for not ripping me for answering a question proposed by the man behind the creation of this site. beer_mug.gif note.gif
stevenpd 
Posted: 03-Aug-2006, 03:24 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

You're welcome, dundee. I had to think a little about why you would be concerned about any comment. It's all constructive, every little bit helps!
haynes9 
Posted: 03-Aug-2006, 11:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

The more we "spread the wealth" the better as far as I'm concerned. Like I have said, since I have won two CD's this month, it would not at all hurt my feelings if the powers that be put a time restriction until another item could be won. Not a problem at all.

Winning a prize or not, I'm still gonna post like there's no tomorrow biggrin.gif !

Have a great day, all!
CelticRadio 
Posted: 05-Aug-2006, 12:43 PM
Quote Post

Member is Online

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

Ok, we'd like to get July's contest resolved today, so we can move on to our big August CD contest:

As we promised, the top 3 posters for July get to choose their CDs. Here they are:

#1: crazykiltedcelt
#2: haynes9
#3: marti64

Once we hear back from the top posters, we will announce the other CD winners!

Barleyjuice's Six Yanks
Karen Mal's Dark Eyed Sailor
Jaiya's Beltane: Firedance
Siochana's On Our Own Live at Bridie Molly's
Danny Ray Cole's Irish Fun
The Blair Band's Celtic Sessions
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
stevenpd 
Posted: 05-Aug-2006, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

Congratulations to all the winners! Job well done! Enjoy the music.
haynes9 
Posted: 05-Aug-2006, 10:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Macfive @ 05-Aug-2006, 11:43 AM)
Ok, we'd like to get July's contest resolved today, so we can move on to our big August CD contest:

As we promised, the top 3 posters for July get to choose their CDs. Here they are:

#1: crazykiltedcelt
#2: haynes9
#3: marti64

Once we hear back from the top posters, we will announce the other CD winners!

Barleyjuice's Six Yanks
Karen Mal's Dark Eyed Sailor
Jaiya's Beltane: Firedance
Siochana's On Our Own Live at Bridie Molly's
Danny Ray Cole's Irish Fun
The Blair Band's Celtic Sessions

Hey Macfive, just in case you see this before you see my PM, I have selcted The Blair Band's Celtic Sessions. Thanks!
marti64 
Posted: 05-Aug-2006, 10:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

Mac...I will PM you, but I want Danny Cole
Marti
haynes9 
Posted: 05-Aug-2006, 10:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (marti64 @ 05-Aug-2006, 09:35 PM)
Mac...I will PM you, but I want Danny Cole
Marti

Way to go, Marti! It was a fun month!
marti64 
Posted: 05-Aug-2006, 10:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

Thanks Mark!!! It was fun!!!!!! Marti
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt