Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> édain - New Founder's Only Giveaway, Read about the Songs of James Joyce!
CelticRadio 
Posted: 01-Jun-2006, 08:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,976 Gold!

édain is one of those mystical Celtic music groups that comes in like a fresh breeze after a mid-summers thunderstorm. Their music is inspiring, flowing and beautifully arranged. They hail from Budapest Hungary!

From their website, "Édaín was formed in 1999. Our first concert was held in May of that year. We have been playing together since then without any changes in the group, though all of us have a family. The music we play is not like the world-wide known, popular Irish music. We mostly play songs in the Irish language that lead us to a mystic, ancient Celtic world. We play traditional music, but there are virtuoso instrumental parts in it."

They have submitted 2 previous CDs to Highlander Radio and they have been well received. King of the Poor is a Christmas compilation and Thar Sáile is their debut album. Their 3rd CD - which comes with a collectible hard-cover bound book that holds the CD - is called "The Songs of James Joyce" or JoyceFul as displayed on the CD.

The hardcover CD book has 16 pages, containing both English and Hungarian lyrics to the songs and a singleset information box (for each song) that displays history behind each song.

user posted image
user posted image

On the back of the cover édain writes about James Joyce, "If he had not been a writer of genius, then, knowing how talented he was, we would certainly know his name from the world of music. He seems to have been continuously singing softly to himself, and the lyrics of songs known by him were constantly intruding into the thoughts that he committed to paper. This is why several books have been published on "The Songs of James Joyce", dealing with music pieces ranging from folk music to the world opera - works that he was simply not able to leave out of his stories. We could not resist..."

You can visit édain's website here and purchase this beautifully compiled collectible CD package:

http://www.edain.hu/

Or sign-up for a Founder's account and you will have a chance to receive édain's latest CD and collectible hardcover book on July 1, 2006:

http://www.celticradio.net/php/founder/ind...dex_founder.php

Read more about James Joyce through google search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=the+s...+of+james+joyce

Good Luck Founders!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 02-Jul-2006, 06:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,976 Gold!

Due to popular demand we are repeating this contest for July and August with another copy of this same collectible item! thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
stevenpd 
Posted: 29-Aug-2006, 10:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

Just out of idle curiosity . . . .

Who won?

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]