Posted: 14-Aug-2008, 02:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Grandpa and Grandma were sitting in their porch rockers watching the beautiful sunset and reminiscing about "the good old days," when Grandma turned to Grandpa and said, "Honey, do you remember when we first started dating and you used to just casually reach over and take my hand?"

Grandpa looked over at her, smiled and obligingly took her aged hand in his.

With a wry little smile, Grandma pressed a little farther, "Honey, do you remember how after we were engaged, you'd sometimes lean over and suddenly kiss me on the cheek?"

Grandpa leaned slowly toward Grandma and gave her a lingering kiss on her wrinkled cheek.

Growing bolder still, Grandma said, "Honey, do you remember how, after we were first married, you'd kind of nibble on my ear?"

Grandpa slowly got up from his rocker and headed into the house. Alarmed, Grandma said, "Honey, where are you going?"

Grandpa replied, "To get my teeth!"

Slàinte,       

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 14-Aug-2008, 11:21 AM
Quote Post

Lady Leleanda - Mystic Dreamer
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Bert takes his dog to the vet and says, "Can you cut off my dog's tail?" "Why do you want me to do that?" asks the vet. Bert replies, "My mother-in-law's arriving tomorrow, and I don't want her to think she's welcome." tongue.gif

--------------------
Slàinte!

Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Beauty is not just all around us, but within us....

"Mo nighean donn," he whispered, "Mo chridhe. My brown lass, my heart. Come to me. Cover me. Shelter me, a bhean, heal me. Burn with me, as I burn for you."(Fiery Cross Quote)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 15-Aug-2008, 07:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

A murderer, sitting in the electric chair, was about to be executed.

"Have you any last requests? asked the chaplain.

"Yes," replied the murderer. "Will you hold my hand?"

Slàinte,    

Patch      
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 15-Aug-2008, 10:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

After an overnight flight to meet my father at his latest military assignment, my mother wearily arrived at the Air Base with my eight siblings and me - all under age 11.

Collecting our many suitcases, the ten of us entered the cramped customs area. A young customs official watched our entourage in disbelief, "Ma'am," he said, "do all these children and this luggage belong to you?"

"Yes, sir," my mother said with a sigh. "They're all mine."

The customs agent began his interrogation: "Ma'am, do you have any weapons, contraband or illegal drugs in your possession?"

"Sir," she calmly answered, "if I'd had any of those items, I would have used them by now."

The official allowed us to pass without opening a single suitcase.

Slàinte,    

Patch      
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 15-Aug-2008, 10:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

His request approved, the Fox News photographer quickly used a cell phone to call the local airport to charter a flight. He was told a twin engine plane would be waiting for him at the airport. Arriving at the airfield, he spotted a plane warming up outside a hanger. He jumped in with his bag, slammed the door shut, and shouted, 'Let's go'. The pilot taxied out, swung the plane into the wind and took off. Once in the air, the photographer instructed the pilot, 'Fly over the valley and make low passes so I can take pictures of the fires on the hillsides.' 'Why?' asked the pilot. 'Because I'm a photographer for Fox Cable News,' he responded. 'And I need to get some close up shots.' The pilot was strangely silent for a moment, finally he stammered, 'So, what you're telling me, is . .. you're NOT my flight instructor?'

Slàinte,    

Patch      
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 15-Aug-2008, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

PATCH;

You should gather all your Jokes, edit them and publish a book.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 15-Aug-2008, 11:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

Thank you. My sister suggested that but it all takes time. I have a large assortment of funny life experiences and jokes but no instant recall. We have a couple of comedy clubs in the area and if I could use a tele prompter for "cues" I could do that. I think they only pay $100 for 20 min. ($300 per hr) Since they would be close it would be possible.

Slàinte,    

Patch      
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 15-Aug-2008, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

A census taker in a rural area went up to a farmhouse and knocked. When a woman came to the door, he asked her how many children she had and their ages.
She said, "Les' see now, there's the twins, Sally and Billy, they're eighteen. And the twins, Seth & Beth, they're sixteen. And the twins, Penny and Jenny, they're fourteen---- "
"Hold on!" said the census taker, "Did you get twins every time?"
The woman answered, "Heck no, there were hundreds of times we didn't get nothin'."

Slàinte,    

Patch      
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 15-Aug-2008, 01:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

The man told his doctor that he wasn't able to do all the things around the house that he used to do.

When the examination was complete, he said, "Now, Doc, I can take it. Tell me in plain English what's wrong with me."

"Well, in plain English," the doctor replied, "You're just a plain old lazy fart."

"Thank You." said the man. "Now give me the medical term, so I can tell my wife!"

Slàinte,    

Patch      
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 15-Aug-2008, 10:18 PM
Quote Post

Lady Leleanda - Mystic Dreamer
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Irish Logic

A wife came home early and found her husband in their bedroom making love to a very attractive young woman.

'You disrespectful pig!' she cried. 'How dare you do this to me - a faithful wife, the mother of your children? I'm leaving you. I want a divorce!'

And Paddy (for it was he) replied, 'Hang on just a minute, love, so at least I can tell you what happened.'

'Fine, go ahead,' she sobbed, 'but they'll be the last words you'll say to me!'

And Paddy began - 'Well, I was getting into the car to drive home and this young lady here asked me for a lift. She looked so down and out and defenseless that I took pity on her and let her into the car. I noticed that she was very thin, not well dressed and very dirty. She told me that she hadn't eaten for three days! So, in my compassion, I brought her home and warmed up the enchiladas I made for you last night, the ones you wouldn't eat because you're afraid you'll put on weight.

The poor thing devoured them in moments. Since she needed a good clean-up, I suggested a shower, and while she was doing that, I noticed her clothes were dirty and full of holes so I threw them away.

Then, as she needed clothes, I gave her the designer jeans that you have had for a few years, but don't use because you say they are too tight. I also gave her the underwear that was your anniversary present, which you don't use because I don't have good taste.

I found the sexy blouse my sister gave you for Christmas that you don't wear just to annoy her, and I also donated those boots you bought at the expensive boutique and don't use because someone at work has the same pair.'

Here Paddy took a quick breath and continued - 'She was very grateful for my understanding and help, and as I walked her to the door, she turned to me with tears in her eyes and said, 'Please .... Do you have anything else that your wife doesn't use?'

jawdrop.gif jerry.gif laugh.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 16-Aug-2008, 08:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

A young boy came to Sunday School late. His teacher knew that he was usually very prompt so she asked, "Johnny, is there anything wrong"?

The boy replied, "No, I was going fishing but my dad told me that I needed to go to church".

The teacher was very impressed and asked Johnny if his dad had explained to him why it was more important to go to church than to go fishing.

Johnny replied, "Yes teacher, Dad said he didn't have enough bait for both of us".

Slàinte,    

Patch      
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 17-Aug-2008, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

An elderly man lay dying in his bed. In death's agony, he suddenly smelled the aroma of his favorite chocolate chip cookies wafting up the stairs.

He gathered his remaining strength, and lifted himself from the bed. Leaning against the wall, he slowly made his way out of the bedroom, and with even greater effort forced himself down the stairs, gripping the railing with both hands.

With labored breath, he leaned against the door frame, gazing into the kitchen. Were it not for death's agony, he would have thought himself already in heaven.

There, spread out upon newspapers on the kitchen table were literally hundreds of his favorite chocolate chip cookies.

Was it heaven?

Was it one final act of heroic love from his devoted wife, seeing to it that he left this world a happy man?

Mustering one great final effort, he threw himself toward the table, landing on his knees in a rumpled posture. His parched lips parted; the wondrous taste of the cookie was already in his mouth; seemingly bringing him back to life. The aged and withered hand, shakingly made its way to a cookie at the edge of the table, when it was suddenly smacked with a spatula by his wife.

"Keep away from those," she said, "they're for the funeral."

Slàinte,    

Patch      
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 17-Aug-2008, 06:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

"Hey, Mom," asked Johnny "can you give me twenty dollars?"

"Certainly not."

"If you do," he went on, "I'll tell you what dad said to the maid when you were at the beauty shop."

His mother's ears perked up and, grabbing her purse, she handed over the money. "Well? What did he say?"

"He said, 'Hey, Marie, make sure you wash my socks tomorrow.' "

Slàinte,    

Patch      
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 18-Aug-2008, 07:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

A 92-year-old man went to the doctor to get a physical.

A few days later, the doctor saw the man walking down the street with a gorgeous young lady on his arm.

A couple of days later, when the old man had an appointment with the doctor again, the Doc said, "You're really doing great, aren't you?"

The man replied, "Just doing what you said doctor, 'Get a hot mamma and be cheerful.'"

The doctor said, "I didn't say that. I said you got a heart murmur. Be careful!"

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 18-Aug-2008, 08:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

A priest was being honored at his retirement dinner after 25 years in the Parish. A leading Senator and member of the congregation was chosen to make the presentation and give a little speech at the dinner. He was delayed, so the priest decided to say his own few words while they waited. "I got my first impression of the parish from the first confession I heard here. I thought I had been assigned to a terrible place. The very first person who entered my confessional told me he had stolen a television set and, when questioned by the police, was able to lie his way out of it. He had stolen money from his parents, embezzled from his employer, had and affair with his boss's wife; taken illegal drugs, and gave VD to his sister. I was appalled. But as the days went on I knew that my people were not all like that and I had, indeed, come to a fine parish full of good and loving people."..... Just as the priest finished his talk, the senator arrived full of apologies at being late. He immediately began to make the presentation and gave his talk. "I'll never forget the first day our parish priest arrived," said the politician. "In fact, I had the honor of being the first person to go to him for confession."

Moral: NEVER, NEVER, NEVER BE LATE!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt