Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 08-Jul-2008, 04:13 PM)
QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 08-Jul-2008, 03:46 PM)
QUOTE (Camac @ 08-Jul-2008, 01:45 PM)
Patch;

Your President is Commander in Chief of your armed forces, therefore the Army is subordinate to the government. In Canada and most Commonwealth members the Queen or her representative is Commander in Chief. Our Armed Forces swear loyalty to her and her descendants. theoretically speaking the Prime Minister and the government cannot order the military into action without the Queens' or Govenor Generals' consent. In practice it does not work this way as the Government controls the purse strings also if the G.G. refused he or she is replaced. In the 60s' and 70s' when we had the FLQ crisis in Quebec Trudeau ordered the armed forces into the province but he had to get consent from the G.G. even though the government had envoked the War Measures Act |(Martial Law). As I said it is all in the cultural outlook of the society. Which system is better will be opened for debate long after most of us are mere memories.

Camac.

Camac.
This is all very true and the reason why the USA is what it is. The Continantals didn't want England to mandate anything. This is just one small part of the big picture. It's strange that in a lot of the northern states, where gun laws are very lax, crime isn't nearly as bad as say New York, Miami, DC, etc. example. Alaska and Vermont, you don't even need a permit to carry a canceled weapon. The crime rate in those states are very low. You are right. These debates will go on and on till probably just a memory if anyone wants to remember me. The only threat to the US constitutional right to keep and bare arms is if there's ever becomes a North American Union but that's another subject that is cotraversial.

NovaScotian;

I have wondered about what would happen if there was to be a North American Union. The Western Provinces, which are more inclined toward conservatism would probably be more inclined to accept American type gunlaws. The Central and Eastern Provinces being more populated and more Liberal would definitely reject them. It would be an interesting debate.

Camac.

I hope it never happens myself. The USA is the USA. Canada is Canada. It needs to stay that way. We need to hold on to our own identies. It's just like our own homes. Do we ever just leave the front door open for every one and anyone to enter uninvited? If Europe wants to combine all it's different culture into one? Well that's their business. I'm personally against it.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Camac
Posted: 09-Jul-2008, 04:38 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

NovaScotian;

I agree with you. We are different cultures and each in its way distinct. As th old song says "To Each His Own".

Camac. thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif

Nova Scotian 
Posted: 09-Jul-2008, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 09-Jul-2008, 04:38 PM)
NovaScotian;

I agree with you. We are different cultures and each in its way distinct. As th old song says "To Each His Own".

Camac. thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

However, it's ok to enjoy others cultures. My wife is of Arab decent and I've been introduced to that beautiful culture. Also, my screen name says it all as to my blood. However, I'm still and always be an American first. Teddy Roosevelt once said and I might be repeating myself, A man who loves another country as much as his own is like the same man loving another woman as much as his own wife. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster                
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 09-Jul-2008, 06:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (Patch @ 08-Jul-2008, 12:56 PM)

You mention the "gangs."  What will these people do if they get hungry and or cold?  Say they no longer have the funds to maintain their lifestyle.  Will they do like the rest of us and cut expenses?  I doubt it and therein lies the problem!

Slàinte,   

Patch    

You have a good point here Patch,

There in lies the problems.The street gangs were and are the next society parasite born after they got rid of bikers gangs at least here in Montreal.

Get rid of one pest you can be sure another will come and take its place.
At least with bikers they kill each other when clean up time is overdue. Like the mafia. But street gangs is an all totaly different situation and particular.
These guys and girls aren't afraid of anything,unfortunately most of them are runaways and endup in the streets.
Drugs and alcohol and prostitution is their lives unless some of them if cut at a young age some can be educated and reinstated in society.
But at the rate it's going right now it'll be hard work.

It's easy cash with a gun on hand and terrorize innocents and get away with it.
Because they act so fast and most of the time they strike at night some get cut but a lot don't. And that's what is frightening.

LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 09-Jul-2008, 06:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

When the ownership of firearms is criminalized, only criminals will have firearms. The first killing of a human was at the beginning of time. It will continue till the end of time.

Each individual must decide what his/her own life is worth. That sets the limits on what you are willing to do to defend your self, family, friends and acquaintances.

You must never assume that a criminal will walk away if you do as they tell you. Witnesses put criminals in jail. No witness and the chances of getting caught are greatly diminished.

I have friends who would like to see Canada and the US merge. There are too many differences for that to ever happen. We Could form a "mutual defense pact." We would each still maintain our autonomy.

I could see Mexico as part of that pact too. It would greatly reduce the length of the Southern border.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 09-Jul-2008, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch.

We have a mutual Defense pact Norad. (North American Defense.) During 911 it was a Canadian who was C.O. . It rotates between each country,I think, every 6 months. Canadian CF18 Hornets were patrolling US Air Space.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 09-Jul-2008, 07:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 09-Jul-2008, 01:06 PM)
Patch.

We have a mutual Defense pact Norad. (North American Defense.) During 911 it was a Canadian who was C.O. . It rotates between each country,I think, every 6 months. Canadian CF18 Hornets were patrolling US Air Space.

Camac.

I was in Colorado Springs when they were finishing the hole in Cheyenne mountain.

Canada, America and Mexico would be nearly "invasion proof." Between the three we would have the resources to win a fairly extensive battle.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 09-Jul-2008, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

QUOTE (Patch @ 09-Jul-2008, 07:22 PM)
QUOTE (Camac @ 09-Jul-2008, 01:06 PM)
Patch.

Camac.

I was in Colorado Springs when they were finishing the hole in Cheyenne mountain.

Canada, America and Mexico would be nearly "invasion proof." Between the three we would have the resources to win a fairly extensive battle.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

Patch;

I agree it would be a formidable force. One thing you have to take into account and that is Canada is part of the largest military alliance on the planet. The Commonwealth. Thats 54 countries which with we have defense treaties. Correction make that 5 countries that we could really depend on. The others would more than likely welch.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 09-Jul-2008, 08:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

There is a big difference between those who would let you defend them and those who would stand "shoulder to shoulder" in mutual defense.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 09-Jul-2008, 09:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Speaking of Canada, where I'm headed next week, here's a video I found disturbing on Canada's attitude towards guns. Not the general public, but the Governments. It's sad I think. VERY sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmrqT9SIkQw
PMEmail Poster                
Patch 
Posted: 10-Jul-2008, 11:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 09-Jul-2008, 03:08 PM)
Speaking of Canada, where I'm headed next week, here's a video I found disturbing on Canada's attitude towards guns. Not the general public, but the Governments. It's sad I think. VERY sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmrqT9SIkQw

I know people in Ontario, Alberta and BC who had no intent of registering their firearms. We do not discuss it but I doubt they have. I have been asking questions of people I E-mail and their impressions are pretty much the same as people here. They are unhappy with the police use of force. Violent crime is increasing and the criminals STILL have guns. The parliment in England even went so far as discuss banning knives as a means to reduce violent crime. They came to their senses before they did that! I do not know who said it but the quote "an armed society is a polite society" is definitely true. When your government wants you defenseless, it is NOT for your benefit!

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 10-Jul-2008, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

A very young Red Green on gun safety.

I guess the gun grabbers in Canada probably didn't/wouldn't understand this was comedy, and probably believe to this day the portrayal was (and is) representative of most Canadian Gun owners.

This is one of Red Green's mottos:

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati”
(pseudo-Latin for "When all else fails, play dead")

I guess for most Canadians this is their last best hope if confronted by a predator (human or otherwise) since you can't shoot them if you're unarmed!

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 10-Jul-2008, 02:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

That was a good one!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 11-Jul-2008, 10:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (MacEoghainn @ 10-Jul-2008, 11:43 AM)
A very young Red Green on gun safety.

I guess the gun grabbers in Canada probably didn't/wouldn't understand this was comedy, and probably believe to this day the portrayal was (and is) representative of most Canadian Gun owners.

This is one of Red Green's mottos:

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati”
(pseudo-Latin for "When all else fails, play dead")

I guess for most Canadians this is their last best hope if confronted by a predator (human or otherwise) since you can't shoot them if you're unarmed!

“Keep your stick on the ice”, I love it.
JC

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 11-Jul-2008, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I like Red Green. He is on PBS before and during the first half hour of the Tonight show.

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt