Posted: 25-Apr-2007, 07:52 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Northern Plains
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

I wasn't aware that anyone with anything more than vacuum between their ears took ANYTHING that came out of Boosler's mouth seriously.

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Swanny 
Posted: 25-Apr-2007, 11:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 25-Apr-2007, 12:36 PM)
Here's the mentality of the gun-nut right: If they don't agree with us, shoot 'em down.

I wasn't aware that any liberals had been shot down over this issue. Have I missed something in the news?

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 27-Apr-2007, 06:54 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 25-Apr-2007, 06:52 PM)
I wasn't aware that anyone with anything more than vacuum between their ears took ANYTHING that came out of Boosler's mouth seriously.

beer_mug.gif

From someone who actually believes Bush and Cheney? rofl

(low blow delivered with grin)

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
John Clements 
Posted: 29-Apr-2007, 09:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Didn’t I see law enforcement running around taking cover outside? While gun fire was going on inside the building at Virginia Tech, and didn’t I see the swat teams doing the same thing at Columbine?
What I’d like to know is: Where is “Dirty Harry” when you need him? Well, I’ll tell you… He’s no where to be found.
I also can’t help but wonder how much less carnage there would have been at Columbine and Virginia Tech. Had those deranged kids been taken out by law enforcement, instead of by their own hands?
So, until fire arms are totally eliminated, and I mean “totally”, to including law enforcement. Please don’t be telling me that I can’t own a weapon for protection. And the notion that law enforcement wouldn’t know the bad guys from the good guys, if everyone has a gun, just doesn’t cut it, because the bad guys would be the ones shooting at them.
Like I’ve said before, law enforcement usually gets there in time to call the morgue.

Ok, so maybe I’m not as much the liberal as I thought.
JC

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 01-May-2007, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Saw this on youtube and thought it might bring up some discussion: Sorry i laugh my butt off trying to figure out how the kid was suppose to walk normally.
Why students should tuck in their shirts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiv6Ef4xxqU

I wonder if he has a permit for all those.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 02-May-2007, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Northern Plains
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

From someone who actually believes Bush and Cheney? rofl

(low blow delivered with grin)

What makes you think I belive THEM either?

beer_mug.gif

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 08-Jun-2007, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

A new article I just read. I think it makes great sense.

Philosopher George Santayana said that those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. It's true. One of the reasons to study history is to avoid repeating past mistakes. When it comes to freedom, we cannot afford to forget the lessons of the past. So you and I need to know the history of gun control, because history teaches us there is a terrible price to pay when we lose our right to keep and bear arms.

Over 200 years ago, when the Founding Fathers drafted the Second Amendment, no one questioned the need for private gun ownership. The Framers considered private firearms to be essential to protecting personal liberty, both as a means of opposing foreign threats and also as a check against excessive government power. The Framers were passionately devoted to the idea that a self-sufficient armed citizenry is the best means of preserving liberty.

But many on the left do not want you to know this. They keep the truth from being taught in public schools, and they even write books laden with falsehoods in a dishonest attempt to rewrite history.

Seven years ago, Emory University historian Michael Bellesiles published a book purportedly proving there were few guns and gun owners in early America. The book garnered Columbia University's coveted Bancroft Prize. Two years later, primarily due to the efforts of a brilliant young research historian, Clayton Cramer, who had studied that period in history extensively, the book was revealed to be a total fraud, full of lies and fabrications. Bellesiles was forced to resign from Emory University and, for the first time in history, Columbia University rescinded the Bancroft Prize.

Every American who values his or her constitutional rights should know something about these frauds that gun control advocates perpetrate so we can be watchful and teach the truth to our young ones.

Early Americans were gun owners. Private firearm ownership was widespread from the coasts to the frontier, in both the North and the South.

Our ancestors not only knew the value of gun rights, they actually practiced those rights. Many early Americans provided for their family through their skill with a firearm, and many more Americans had a gun hanging over the hearth or in the bedroom to protect the house and the children against wild animals or criminals. These firearms were also seen as an insurance policy against American Indians, the British or French, and even against our own central government.

This honored tradition went completely unchallenged until the 1900s. Then New York passed the Sullivan Act in 1911, one of the first gun control laws. This law required that firearms small enough to be concealed on a person be registered. This state law became a test measure for future gun control laws.

Opponents of the Second Amendment started to mobilize at the federal level in the 1930s. It came during the New Deal, when the federal government was growing rapidly. Two laws enacted during this period, the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Federal Firearms Act of 1938, established the first federal gun controls. While most of these regulations were uncontroversial by current standards (such as licensing gun dealers and regulating possession of machine guns), they introduced the concept of national regulation of firearms.

It was also during this time President Franklin Roosevelt appointed a number of liberals to the United States Supreme Court. Starting in 1937, the high court began moving in a liberal direction, and by the 1960s had become a court favoring full judicial activism, a judicial philosophy that has threatened our Second Amendment rights ever since.

During this period, anti-Second Amendment politicians began testing the waters on gun control. The highest-ranking official to do this was FDR's anti-gun attorney general, Homer Cummings. Attorney General Cummings started planning for federal gun control measures such as a national registry in the hands of the central government for guns and gun owners.

But then World War II broke out, and Germany and Japan invaded their neighbors. The American people were reminded how important it is to have a firearm handy when you need one. Cummings' early attempts to regulate guns and gun owners suddenly became unpopular. Gun control advocates lowered their voices until a more opportune time.

Most American leaders in both political parties were pro-gun. In fact, Democratic presidents Harry Truman and John F. Kennedy were NRA members. Gun control advocates were always present in policy debates, but did not have much political clout.

In the 1960s, gun control came back with a vengeance. Modern liberalism became the dominant political philosophy in this country. And after the deaths of JFK, Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr., an all-out national push for gun control was launched.

This period in the late 1960s was the beginning of significant gun control in America. Liberal activist judges, led by the Warren Court, enacted a widespread liberal agenda. American society was being secularized. President Johnson was forcing a hard-left agenda through the Great Society. And the Vietnam War was becoming increasingly unpopular. It was against that backdrop the left finally launched an open, concerted effort to implement national gun control.

And that's what we'll talk about next week, remembering that if we ignore the lessons that history offers us, our children will pay the price with their freedom.

thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 08:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

WAYNE COUNTY, N.C. -- One of three men accused of breaking into a home and holding the residents at gunpoint was shot and killed early Friday morning by one of the residents
Wayne County Sheriff's Department officials said Antione Logan Chestnut, 19, of Dudley was shot to death after he and two other men broke into a home in the Dudley community at about 12:30 a.m.

There were two adults and four small children -- ages 4, 5,5 and 8 -- at the home at 2546 Old Mount Olive Highway at the time.

According to officials, Chestnut, Kayloe Lemont Middleton, 25, and one other man broke through a front door, ransacked the home and held the people inside at gunpoint.

Police said Chestnut fired at someone in the home. The resident shot back multiple times, killing Chestnut.

The other two men escaped the home in a dark-colored vehicle. Middleton was arrested later and is charged with first-degree burglary and first-degree kidnapping.
Police are still looking for the third intruder.
Investigators with the sheriff's department and the Mount Olive Police Department are both investigating.

This is a great example. What if the residents didn't have a gun? Whould the Police had been able to get there to stop it all? I DON'T think so. This type of thing hppens more then we realze.
PMEmail Poster                
John Clements 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Hi Nova, it’s been a while. I was beginning to think that maybe you had shot yourself in the foot? (just kidding) I know that would never happen. Anyway, isn’t it interesting how quickly aggression dissipates when met with return fire? Score one for Nova. Like it or not, “guns are” and there’s just no going back.

P.S. Hope all is well with the new family addition, and we’ll probably be grilling some Nova this weekend, I hope the same for you.
JC
PMEmail Poster               
Emmet 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

I’d like to know is: Where is “Dirty Harry” when you need him? Well, I’ll tell you… He’s no where to be found.

The First Rule of Search & Rescue is to not bring more victims to the scene. No matter what fine mess you've gotten yourself into, everyone on my team is going home to their wives and family tonight! PERIOD![/b]

Personally I'd like to see [i]you
sashay right across a kill zone under fire before you armchair quarterback professionals from the comfort and safety of your living room.

--------------------
Emmet 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 03:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

Over 200 years ago, when the Founding Fathers drafted the Second Amendment, no one questioned the need for private gun ownership. The Framers considered private firearms to be essential to protecting personal liberty, both as a means of opposing foreign threats and also as a check against excessive government power. The Framers were passionately devoted to the idea that a self-sufficient armed citizenry is the best means of preserving liberty.

Nothing in the Second Amendment makes any reference to foreign threats. It is explicitly written for one reason only, in order to maintain "a well-regulated militia"; in other words, to prevent a military coup d'etat; "as a check against excessive government power". That's why there wasn't a standing army, only state militia, until after WW I. I strongly suggest that anyone interested in the Second Amendment read the Federalist Papers, as they go into quite a bit of detail regarding the thinking that went into the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

I'm so far left of anyone on this board that you can't turn your head far enough to see me over your left shoulder, and I'm quite well aware of the purpose and intent of the Second Amendment. It's definitely not "the Left" that has sought to nullify "the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people to peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances", "the right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures", the right to "due process of law" and "probable cause" (protection from warrantless search & seizure), "the right to a speedy and public trial by an impartial jury", "to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense", "the right of trial by jury", the right to bail (Habeas Corpus) and protection from "cruel and unusual punishment", or the time-proven separation and balance of powers which has now been supplanted by a "unitary executive".

Considering the Second Amendment (and all the others, they are a package deal) I can't help but wonder what Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton would have thought about the rise of corporate mercenary armies and the building of corporate-controlled concentration camps...believe me; "the Left" is the very least of your worries!
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 01-Sep-2007, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (John Clements @ 01-Sep-2007, 10:30 AM)
Hi Nova, it’s been a while. I was beginning to think that maybe you had shot yourself in the foot? (just kidding) I know that would never happen. Anyway, isn’t it interesting how quickly aggression dissipates when met with return fire? Score one for Nova. Like it or not, “guns are” and there’s just no going back.

P.S. Hope all is well with the new family addition, and we’ll probably be grilling some Nova this weekend, I hope the same for you.
JC

Yes JC I'm still around. Between work, school, and my new born, it's been hard. I agree with you 100% here. Definatly not 100% on everything tongue.gif But we definatly have common ground here. wink.gif Enjoy your Nova biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                
John Clements 
Posted: 02-Sep-2007, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Emmet @ 01-Sep-2007, 02:51 PM)

The First Rule of Search & Rescue is to not bring more victims to the scene. No matter what fine mess you've gotten yourself into, everyone on my team is going home to their wives and family tonight! PERIOD![/b]

sashay right across a kill zone under fire before you armchair quarterback professionals from the comfort and safety of your living room.

First of all, the students were the ones in the immediate kill zone, not law enforcement outside of the buildings. Second, I don’t sashay, and although I may not be a so called “professional search and rescue guy”. I have on a number occasions over my life, risked my neck to save others, and third of all. I’d be happy to meet half way, along with my arm chair, so we can discuss this; because I get the feeling that you are implying that I’m all talk!
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 02-Sep-2007, 09:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (John Clements @ 02-Sep-2007, 07:26 AM)

First of all, the students were the ones in the immediate kill zone, not law enforcement outside of the buildings. Second, I don’t sashay, and although I may not be a so called “professional search and rescue guy”. I have, on a number occasions over my life, risked my neck to save others, and third of all. I’d be happy to meet half way, along with my arm chair, so we can discuss it!

You are right JC. However, that is the general rule of SAR. We do practice it at the FD. The thinking is what good are you going to be if you are now a victim. At the same time, in my job I say just going into a burning building is risky enough. Wearing a badge in Law Enforcment is a big risk both on and off the job. In conclusion if I'm not in the rescue mode and my life is in danger by someone who wishes my harm, I pray to God i'll be armed. At the same time I hope and pray I'll never be in that situation. Cops aren't encouraged to risk their life unnecessarily as well as Firemen to save anyone. They all just want to go home to their loved ones.
PMEmail Poster                
John Clements 
Posted: 02-Sep-2007, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 02-Sep-2007, 09:07 AM)
QUOTE (John Clements @ 02-Sep-2007, 07:26 AM)

First of all, the students were the ones in the immediate kill zone, not law enforcement outside of the buildings. Second, I don’t sashay, and although I may not be a so called “professional search and rescue guy”. I have, on a number occasions over my life, risked my neck to save others, and third of all. I’d be happy to meet half way, along with my arm chair, so we can discuss it!

You are right JC. However, that is the general rule of SAR. We do practice it at the FD. The thinking is what good are you going to be if you are now a victim. At the same time, in my job I say just going into a burning building is risky enough. Wearing a badge in Law Enforcment is a big risk both on and off the job. In conclusion if I'm not in the rescue mode and my life is in danger by someone who wishes my harm, I pray to God i'll be armed. At the same time I hope and pray I'll never be in that situation. Cops aren't encouraged to risk their life unnecessarily as well as Firemen to save anyone. They all just want to go home to their loved ones.

Hi Nova, I have revised my earlier post, because we don’t want to start no fights here. (besides, I don’t have a second, at least not yet)
Anyway, I agree with you whole heartedly. But, I can’t help but think that there are times, when one just has to act and not discuss.
I can remember being in AIT (advanced infantry training), where we were taught to attack the direction from where the firing was coming from. Now I’m sure that some of the trainees didn’t know that, but for me, that has always been instinctive. (sort of like counter punching, you don’t think about it, you just react)
Thanks for your input,
JC
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt