DesertRose 
Posted: 20-Oct-2008, 11:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

I have yet to get these books, but hear they are terrific! Thanks for your affirmation, Wizard.

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 01-Nov-2008, 09:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

I've benn through a bit of a rough time lately ( but such is life! ) so I was looking for some reading that would keep my spirits up *g*.

You all made me curious so I ordered "Darkfever" and "Bloodfever" today. For the third book, "Faefever", I will have to wait a little bit longer sad.gif because it's not available as paperback yet...

Now I can't wait to get my package from Amazon.. dribble.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
jbarron 
Posted: 02-Feb-2009, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Denver, CO

female

While patiently waiting for the next Outlander book next September, I noticed a post suggesting the Highlander series so I have been reading these. I've finished the first five so far and find them entertaining and light reads.

Now, if could only find a real life Drustan or a Dageus fer meself. haha They have been my favorite characters so far.
PMEmail Poster               
jbarron 
Posted: 25-Feb-2009, 01:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Denver, CO

female

Okay, I finished the whole Highlander series. I think I'll pass on the ones in the Fever series.

While I generally enjoy the stories because they involve Scotland and Highlanders, the writing and characters lack the depth and substance of those in the Outlander series.

I found the plots in all the books are repetitive and too similar...girl meets Highlander...girl hates Highlander...girl falls in love with Highlander...Highlander decides she is his soulmate...they overcome some difficulty and live happily ever after.

They are light reads and entertaining if you're looking for something to pass the time.

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt