Bookmark and Share
Rindy 
Posted: 27-Jan-2009, 08:50 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

Dogshirt, I hope your pain has eased some. I feel so bad for you. Glad Otto is comforting you somewhat.

maisky thank you so much for posting this fantastic video link. It's amazing and I agree everyone should see this one.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
lschillinger 
Posted: 25-Feb-2009, 09:53 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacHazel

Realm: The Heart of it All

female

On Saturday we added to our furry family. If any of you had by chance seen my post about my exsisting dogs anxiety in the cage, we talked with the vet and she thought that another dog would probably be a good solution. So far it is! They aren't getting on the best right now, but when we crate them together they are both calm and quiet. I got him from a rescue agency who had him turned in by an owner that had three jack russells that kept them in a crate 22 hours a day (all 3 of them together). So he is a pretty calm and very quiet guy so far. He didn't know his name, which was good because we renamed him (he seems to be doing fine learning that one), he doesn't know any basic commands, but he has slowly started to get a little personality. According to his foster mom compared to when she received him he's made great progress with this but still has a long way to go. I can only imagine being locked up like that has some devstating affects on their mentality.

So far we are having a bit of an issue with him wanting to "love" our other dog. They are both fixed and this doesn't seem to be a dominance thing, more like "hey baby". But he is getting better with that. I think he has realized she is not having it!

Below is the new dog in his spiffy shamrock collar.

Attached Image. Works with IE only! (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)

--------------------
COURAGE GROWS STRONG AT THE WOUND

"Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead."

“Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.”

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
lschillinger 
Posted: 25-Feb-2009, 09:57 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacHazel

Realm: The Heart of it All

female

Lillian the toy fox terrier, with enough personality for a dozen dogs. smile.gif

Until we acquired Mason I didn't realize how spoiled we were with a VERY obedient dog. She had her anxiety issue, but nothing else. I wouldn't even need to leash her if it weren't the law smile.gif. Shes really a good girl.

Attached Image. Works with IE only! (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Harlot 
Posted: 26-Feb-2009, 01:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

I don't have a pet but have dogs in the past. My son in-law has gotten a beagle puppy 7 weeks old names Max. I love picking on son in-law so here's a conversation that I had with him.
Me..So you have a pup
son in-law..yes going use for hunting
Me..hunting what?
son in-law.. going train him for rabbits,gave him his first rabbit pelt to chew on
Me.. Oh that's nice yucky.gif so you shoot them and then he brings it back?
son in-law..no..they just bite a little sometimes
Me..you mean he won't bring it back, you have to go get it?
son in-law..thats right, your thinking labs
Me..Well I think you should train Max to bring it back that way you can set in your lawn chair drinking your beer while you hunt rabbits.
son in-law...(grin on face) you got me again....(he looks like he's thinking)maybe thats not a bad idea you have there.

My Great White Hunter!!!

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
flora 
Posted: 28-Feb-2009, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

The great shedding has begun. My kitchen has tumble weeds made out of dog hair blowing across the floor (we keep our ceiling fans on). I have a rubber curry comb (formally for horses) that I use on them daily to try to get a little off. Thank goodness for those light weight swifter vaccums!!!!! How does everyone else deal with the shedding?

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt