Raven 
Posted: 05-Mar-2006, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

QUOTE (John Clements @ 05-Mar-2006, 01:53 PM)
Just how much death and destruction in the name of all religions, is it going to take to see the light? Were mammals, we live, and then we die. Game over.

Huh? .....What does that have to do with this thread?

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
Antwn 
Posted: 05-Mar-2006, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 03-Mar-2006, 01:51 PM)
The ACLU is suppose to be for EVERYONE! However if you're discriminated against because you're a Christian, they could CARE LESS. Like I said before, they need to be reformed before they become the death to the USA. As for your comment that religion divides humanity? All I know if Christianity is followed correctly, it shouldn't divide. It just comes to show that man is imperfect. However I do know that there are a lot of Christians who think they ARE perfect and they are VERY wrong.

Actually the ACLU is not "supposed" to be for anything, its a private organization funded by contributions, which means it probably gives preferential treatment to card carrying contributors. Its not a government agency so it has no obligations, it can choose its cases at its discretion, amid the influences of its membership no doubt. As an organization supported by contributions, whatever power and influence its gained is because of financial support of its membership alone.

At any rate, if anyone dislikes the lawsuits it instigates they're free to start their own organization which challenges the constitutionality of issues dear to their hearts, or join an existing one.

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
Antwn 
Posted: 05-Mar-2006, 04:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

QUOTE (Raven @ 04-Mar-2006, 01:46 PM)
The whole seperation of Church and state did not come from our constitution but the constitution of the USSR.

Our constitution says simply that the Government shall not establish a state religion.

The phrase "separation of church and state" comes from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptists wherein he refers to a "wall of separation between church and state". Madison wrote circa 1800 "Strongly guarded is the separation between religion and government in the Constitution of the United States". Although the phrase itself is not strictly constitutional, it has existed for centuries as historical interpretive precedent.....long before the ACLU, USSR or Karl Marx for that matter.

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt