Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 22-Aug-2008, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Ok, I got my computer back from the shop and I can finally post about this years festival or at least what I sa of it when I wasn't chasing down the granddaughter. Six hours down and back with the munchkin was no picnic either. But at least the van didn't break down again untill today.
Anyway we only went for one day ( Bristol ren Faire on Sunday)but it was still very much worth it. With the grandaughter I only caught bits and pieces of some the acts that I wanted to see-Peatbog Faeries, Eileen Ivers, Gaelic Storm, and Seamus Kennedy, Saw Doctors. All were great.
I also happened to be wearing my Celtic radio tee and when we sat down the lady across from us at the picnic table turned out to be Fiona Molly. She asked about the site and the guy with her suggested exchanging a CD for a Celtic radio business card but I politely declined (since I didn't have any cards) and and I gave her the website info so there might be a few CDs heading to this site.
Best band for this year- Mind you I only heard bits and peices of everybody but the ones that impressed me the most in that few minutes was the Furry Village so check out their website and see what you think.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 22-Aug-2008, 05:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I was hoping to have a website for Furrry Village but this is all that there is at the moment.
http://www.gerardfahy.nl/
This is Gerald Fahy's website and the info is from the Irish fest Entertainment schedule which has a bit of a sound sample and this info
FURRY VILLAGE
Gerald Fahy: Uilleann Pipes
Chris Kelly: Acoustic guitar
Yvonne Fahy: Accordion, percussion
John Colohand: Lead guitar
Mairin Fahy: Fiddle
Benny Hayes: Keyboards
Terry Fahy: Drums
John Lyons: Bass
Lead by Gerald Fahy of Ballinakill, Co. Galway, Furry Village was formed in 1994 and continues to be one of the most dynamic bands in Ireland today. The band offers an eclectic mix of Irish traditional melodies and Eastern influences with pulsating percussion. A master on the Uilleann pipes, Fahy's music has been covered by world orchestras and featured in Micheal Flatley's Feet of Flames tour. This is a show of humor, dance and singing that will be fun for the entire family.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 14-Dec-2008, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Entertainment schedule is starting up and it looks to be a good year! biggrin.gif

ENTERTAINERS 2009
RETURNING

Natalie MacMaster & Donnell Leahy: Masters of the Fiddle (new show)
Gaelic Storm
Monto
Screaming Orphans
Carmel Quinn
Pipeline with Aoife Clancy

NEW:
Salsa Celtica
Slide
Cara
Sean Keane
Red Hot Chili Pipers
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 11-Jan-2009, 04:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Some regional artists have been added to the entertainment list.

Leahys Luck
Blarney
Ian Gould
The Gleasons
Athas
Finbar MacCarthy
Theiss & O'Connor
Reilly
Frogwater
Derek Byrne & Sean Beglan
Rising Gael
Steel Bonnets
Ce
Rira
Green Side Up
U2Zoo
Curtis Crossroads
Jeff Ward Band
Fiona Molloy
Celtic Keep
Baal Tinne
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 09-Apr-2009, 10:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

It looks like Nova Scotia will be the highlighted celtic land this year. Who Hoo!! Looks like ots of fun this time around. Here's whose coming down form the Great White North. I know I wanted to see DRUM! when they were an advert on Nova Scotias website last time. Now I don't need a passport. Just go to the Irishfest website and click on entertainers to get the individual links to the performers.
DRUM! presents - The Rhythms of our Nation
Evans and Doherty
Pogey
Sons of Maxwell
Colin Grant , Jason MacDonald & Adam Young
Vishten - Prince Edward Island
Irish Descendants - Newfoundland
Mahers Bahers - Newfoundland
Samantha Robichaud - New Brunswick
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 23-Aug-2009, 05:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Well another Irishfest come and gone. IMy wife , son and grandaughter all attended this year. Busy weekend in Milwaukee. They had two Brewers games, the Satte fair, and Irishfestr all on the same weekend! needless to say that it was a good year and the weather held up nicely. We got to see the red Hot Chili Pipers on Friday night and Saturdya we just wondered around taking in all the sights. I was hoping to do some more shoping but it was impossible with the 1 1/2 year old. Picked up Galway bay by Mary Pat Kelly and talked with her for a little while over our perspective Kelly ancestors. I finall got a chance to try some Irn Bru frim Scotland. Good stuff but its hard to describe the taste. It certainly quenches the thirst unlike American pop wuich makes you thirsty for more. Alos picked up some three dachunds ale for the wife. The only problem I had was that the fest CD vendors had no Albannach CDs and the Barleyjuice one I wanted was all sold out. I did manages to meet the RHCP and get their CD signed by all the band members.
Sun was Bristol Ren faire which was fun but agin I wish I had more alone time. Nest year is the 30th anniversary for Irishfest so the lineup should be good.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 29-Nov-2009, 12:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

30th Anniversary of Milwaukee's Irish fest in 2010. Can't believe I've been attending for seven years in a row. here is the lineup so far according to the Wisconsin Shamrock Club. Irishfest doesn't have thier site updated yet but Club is reliable info.
August 19-22 -- Milwaukee Irish Fest 30th Anniversary; Henry Maier Festival Grounds; Seamus Kennedy; Blarney; Rira; athas; Derek Byrne; Glencastle Irish Dancers; Rince Nia; Cashel Dennehy; Trinity Irish Dancers; Barry Dodd; McMenamin Irish Dancers; Shamrock Club Color Guard Pipes and Drums; Ce`, Screaming Orphans. Red Hot Chili Pipers; Slide; Tom Sweeney; Tommy Sands; Green Fields of America; Different Drums of Ireland; Ceol Cairde; Rising Stour; Evans and Doherty; Slide; Rira with Stuart Mitchell; McMenamin Irish Dance Academy; Reilly Trio; Jeff Ward Band; Slide; Milwaukee Irish Arts; Green Fields of America.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 04-Dec-2009, 11:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Irishfest website has begun to update for their 30th anninversare. The theme is "Reunions" The entertainment lineup will start to be unveiled December 11th for the 12 days of Christmas. Northern Ireland will be showcased this year.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 09-May-2010, 07:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

It looks like the entertainment list is pretty much set for this year. There are also a few of the cultural events listed such as the authors who will be appearing. This is the 30th Anniversary and Reunions is the theme for this year. The Cultural Exhibits Tent will concentrate on Northern Ireland. One of the central exhibits will be on Narnia, from the C.S .Lewis series of books, which was based on many spots in County Down. I was there for the 25trh anninversay and the the anniversary T-Shirts went really fast! So if you want one you may want to order it on the website or pick one up as soon as you get there.
Red Hot Chili Pipers, Young Dubliners, Scythian, Liz Carroll, and Gaelic Strom are amoung the entertainers this year. Check the website for the rest.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 13-Aug-2010, 07:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Five more days and I'm heading down to Milwaukee. Got my new kilt, my 30th anniversay shirt, and I am way past ready to go!!
PMEmail Poster               
englishmix 
Posted: 13-Aug-2010, 10:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

That really sounds like a festival well worth the long drive from Kentucky!
PMEmail Poster                
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 04-Sep-2010, 10:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Ok so this is a couple weeks late but this is what you missed by not attending this year. I attended Thrusday-Saturday and despite having to travel down in a van I really didn't think would make it and a 5 month old grandson would could draw away attention from any kilt with just a giggle I had a pretty good time. I only saw one concert in full since I didn't want the munkin's hearing wrecked so early in life and that was the Red Hot Chili Pipers. They were awesome as usual but their T-shirts got lost somewere between Milwaukee and Scotland so I wasn't able to get one. Friday was the most memorable. What started off as a light drizzle turned into a half hour monsoon. Ankle deep water-everything shut down and me drenched to the core trying to hold a merchant's tent flap down with one hand and a baked potato with the other. Saturday the usual hot but I was kilted so I didn't have any worry's
The wife once again draged me off to "Sister Bernie Bingo Bash" again We have onlyseen the play about three times but she likes it and its funny every time. This time she actually won the change jar at the end. Merchants were all over. There was artwork by several artists displayed there whom I wish to highlight. Please check out their sites. The work is remarkable.
Jan Delyth. Her calenders are available at Barnes & Noble
http://www.kelticdesigns.com/

Cynthia R. Matyi -Her website is unavailable right now but perhapes later you can try to get there from Jan Delyth links page

Steve O"Laughlin- Does public art with a celtic theme in LA
http://www.stevenoloughlin.com/

There were others there, most of whom can be reached through Jan's links page but my all time favorite is still Rachael Arbuckle. http://www.rachel.arbuckle.com/ who does the artwork for Tailten Games.
There was also the Northern Ireland showcase in the Cultural Village with a Titanic exhipit which had several things from the ship. My favortie was the Titanic shirt that said "It was fine when it left Belfast!" My only disappointment was that the linup of bands was pretty much the same this year as it was for last year. Hopefullly next year will be a newer linup and I'll have no children in tow. I don't mind the munchkins but the merchant tents are impossible to get through with a stroller. I may post some more memmories later but my workplace is keeping me very busy so I don't get on the internet as often.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 04-Sep-2010, 11:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

One more thing I would add is that there was a Celtic Rock CD which is now being offered through the Irishfest website store. I would highly recommend it. It is worth the 15 bucks.
https://store.irishfest.com/store/product/W...Irish_Fest.aspx
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 14-Dec-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

New entertainers for 2011 aere starting to be announced. One for each day of the 12 days of Christmas. So far its Gaelic Storm (day1) and the Elders (day 2).
I posted a request for Barleyjuice and Albannach on their facebook site. Keeping my fingers crossed.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 15-Dec-2010, 07:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

A new group called FIDIL for day number three. Three fiddle players to be exact. I haven't heard of them before but here is their website

http://www.fidilmusic.com/Fidil/_.html

They do have some sound samples and videos there
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt