Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )
   Mobile App

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Favorite Dog Breed, For Dog Lovers!!! :-)
Bookmark and Share

Favorite Dog Breed
Labrador Retriever [ 25 ]  [45.45%]
PugWhippet [ 1 ]  [1.82%]
Great Dane [ 6 ]  [10.91%]
GreyHound [ 2 ]  [3.64%]
Shar-pai [ 3 ]  [5.45%]
RottweilerBoston Terrier [ 3 ]  [5.45%]
Afghan Hound [ 1 ]  [1.82%]
Irish Setter [ 14 ]  [25.45%]
Total Votes: 55
Guests cannot vote 
Arianrhod 
Posted on 04-Dec-2003, 09:43 PM
Quote Post

Lady of Starlight and Petal

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands

female

Someone said Aussie Red Heelers..
I have a Blue one, heres her puppy pic ...

Attached Image. Works with IE only! (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)

--------------------
Proud member of Clan Mac Roni , CEO of The KDC

The curve is mightier than the sword ...

"He's twitching, because ,
mah axe is embedded in
his nervious system " !
LOTR
PMEmail Poster               
Arianrhod 
Posted on 04-Dec-2003, 09:47 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacVine

female

Yikes heres her Pup pic please bear with me smile.gif

PMEmail Poster               
McHaggis 
Posted on 04-Dec-2003, 11:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Pismo Beach on theCentral California Coast

male

Nice BC, Paula. I raised a couple litters of Border Collies back on my Wisconsin farm....whatta circus! I respect the breed a whole lot for many reasons, primarily their intelligence.

I'm also partial to Newfoundlands, another working dog. My "Leimomi" was my constant companion for many years until she went under. She was legendary!

...as was my huge golden retriever, "Clown Prince Stanislaus," aka (hey! there's TWO meaings there: Amer. Kennel Assn. and Also Know As...I'm just way too clever for my own good!) "Stan The Man." He, in his time, was also my constant companion and road buddy for many good years.

Gotta love those working dogs!

People talk about their "guardian angels," but I sorta think that Stan and Momi are still looking out for me, and when I go under I want to go where they are.

RON

--------------------
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT"

"...A bonnie lass I will confess,
Is pleasant to the e'e,
But without some better qualities
She's no lass for me...."

(From "O Once I Lov'd" - Robert Burns)

"There are few more impressive sights in the world than a Scotsman on the make." --J.M. BARRIE (1860-1937)
PMEmail Poster               
Arianrhod 
Posted on 05-Dec-2003, 06:38 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacVine

female

Newfies are so cool ! and I like Great Pyrenees too
SO now there is a new breed, Lancers..
a combo of the two..
What a great looking dog, Think a big shaggy kohola bear!

I think I'm going to get yet another Border to keep this dog company..
There are so many up for rescue, I am used to the breed,
and we have room in our hearts and home for another dog ..
They can be a handful, but I love them.. they just need something to do smile.gif

I can not imagine that dogs do not have souls..
or spirts..
I swear Sis teachs Blue all her old habbits..
I know herders have like things..
but, somedays its just plain old strange !

I am sure they look out for you !

In Service to the Dream,
Paula
PMEmail Poster               
Catriona 
Posted on 05-Dec-2003, 07:46 AM
Quote Post

Banned Member

ZodiacBirch

I don't have a dog at present - but my family have always had Cairn terriers and what used to be called Aberdeen Terriers when I was a girl.... the black 'Scottie' dogs!
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted on 05-Dec-2003, 08:22 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

While you had good choices, you left off my favorite, which I admit is not well known outside the US: Cheseapeke Bay Retriever. They are large, intelligent, loyal and large. And did I mention large? biggrin.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
oldraven 
Posted on 05-Dec-2003, 09:53 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (Catriona @ Dec 5 2003, 05:46 AM)
I don't have a dog at present - but my family have always had Cairn terriers and what used to be called Aberdeen Terriers when I was a girl.... the black 'Scottie' dogs!

This is way off topic but, my brother, when he came close to falling asleep driving, would see a little Scotty dog in a tartan sweater on the side of the road. Yes, halucinations. I get them too when I'm nodding off. Even sometimes in bed.

When ever he saw Freddie, he'd pull over and take a quick nap. Now there's a dog looking out for you. laugh.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
Raven 
Posted on 05-Dec-2003, 10:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ Apr 9 2003, 08:42 PM)
Chihuahuas are bad, but not as bad as poodles. Some friends of the family used to have a poodle. Every time we were at their house, my mom, my sister and I all wanted to stomp that dog, she was so annoying. Thank God Valentina (the poodle's name) is dead.

And this is coming from a person who likes animals.

Hey Mike

I used to feel the same way about small dogs. They were always agressive towards me and I never met one that I liked and I have always been an animal lover. I had friends that had toy poodles and I thought they had a rotten disposition. My family has had beagles, border collies and an Irish Setter. So I wasn't wild about them.

Then I met a couple that I actually liked even though I was still suspicious of them cool.gif Then my wife and I got a poodle puppy (tiney toy) that we had for Fifteen years. We liked her so much that we got another one so that for a time we had 2.

They are both gone now (sigh sad.gif ) But they changed my whole perspective on little dogs in general. It's as if I was able to get into their psyche and it is definitely different biggrin.gif I have not met a small dog since that I did not instantly like.

We just rescued an abused Tiny Toy Poodle since we lost and in the words of Cullen Pepper (from "Best of Show") I believe you could go to Mars, Jupiter or even the Horse Head Nebula,, that is if they even have dogs at the Horse Head Nebula,, and you would be hard pressed to find a finer peice of dog flesh than the tiny toy.... tongue.gif

Peace

Mikel

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
RavenWing 
Posted on 05-Dec-2003, 10:56 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

I just love doggies. Especially the heinz 57 varieties. biggrin.gif

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
Celeste of the Stars1 
Posted on 05-Dec-2003, 11:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

female

My fav are beagles. Hunny bought me one last ear, but we had to give him to my mother when we moved. sad.gif His name was Zeus. He was great. My cats however didn't think so.! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Have a day!

Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
Blessed Be,
*Celeste of the Stars*

"Always shoot for the moon that way if you miss you'll always land among the stars"

'An it harm non do what you will'
PMEmail Poster                
oldraven 
Posted on 05-Dec-2003, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (Celeste of the Stars1 @ Dec 5 2003, 09:01 AM)
My fav are beagles. Hunny bought me one last ear, but we had to give him to my mother when we moved. sad.gif His name was Zeus. He was great. My cats however didn't think so.! biggrin.gif

Beagles are great, as long as you don't raise chickens.

They're a bird dog and can't help themselves. Sparky, our beagle, got into the pen one day and killed about seven of them before Dad caught him. Didn't eat them, just killed them. It's in his nature.

Well, Dad took him for the long walk that day. I mostly feel bad for Dad. I know that can't be an easy task. But he had no choice. Sparky would have killed all 70 if he'd been kept around.
barddas 
Posted on 05-Dec-2003, 11:13 AM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

I have a Great Pyrenese. He is the greatest dog inthe *MY* world! His name is Odin, and he will be six this coming May. My baby's gettin' old.... sad.gif

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
Celeste of the Stars1 
Posted on 05-Dec-2003, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (barddas @ Dec 5 2003, 11:13 AM)
I have a Great Pyrenese. He is the greatest dog inthe *MY* world! His name is Odin, and he will be six this coming May. My baby's gettin' old.... sad.gif

My mom and grandma both have great pyrenese. I think it's stupid to have a dog like that in Florida. My stepdad had an Alaskin Malamute (SP?) when I was younger. Another bad dog to have there.
PMEmail Poster                
maisky 
Posted on 05-Dec-2003, 11:31 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

For a while my wife and I had a pair of cocker spaniels. They were adorable, enthusiastically friendly to everybody and a joy to be around. The down side was that there wasn't a whole brain between them. They were seriously stupid. 2 steps beyond the front gate and they were lost. They made up for this with the huge amount of pure love they packed around.
DesertRose 
Posted on 07-Dec-2003, 12:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Wow! I can't believe I missed this thread. With my chatterbox mouth, I thought I had been everyone on this site! laugh.gif I thought this forum was just all about horses, of which I have none. Then a special person told me about it and here I am to be obnoxious in this thread too cause this is one of my very favorite topics! I am a major dog lover and my very favorite breed is the Shetland Sheepdog from the Shetland Islands of Scotland (like Shadow wink.gif). I have raised 5 of these little guys total and I feel like I understand the breed pretty well, at least by now. Well, let's just say I know how to spoil them! laugh.gif My first three were raised as puppies. The last two I have now are rescue dogs. And that is the way I will go from now on. There are too many dogs out there that need homes. And all someone has to do is call me and say they have a Sheltie that needs a home and I take him/her in! They are very inteligent, protective, loyal and very social. They have the most expressive faces. You always know what they're thinking, I swear! cool.gif I also love the Border Collies. I really would like to get one of them, but I know they are much more active and need a lot more attention. But I really love that breed too. Anyway, I am posting a pic of my two boys. Hope to see more pictures of other furry children too!

P.S. Paula! LOVED the pics of your pups! Absolutely adorable!

Okay, here is Nikki and Teddy Bear!

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt