Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Favorite Dog Breed, For Dog Lovers!!! :-)
Bookmark and Share

Favorite Dog Breed
Labrador Retriever [ 25 ]  [45.45%]
PugWhippet [ 1 ]  [1.82%]
Great Dane [ 6 ]  [10.91%]
GreyHound [ 2 ]  [3.64%]
Shar-pai [ 3 ]  [5.45%]
RottweilerBoston Terrier [ 3 ]  [5.45%]
Afghan Hound [ 1 ]  [1.82%]
Irish Setter [ 14 ]  [25.45%]
Total Votes: 55
Guests cannot vote 
Cabbagehome 
Posted on 18-Feb-2003, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

No we lost him a couple of Decembers ago. He was the most remarkable dog I ever saw he could clean, all the way to the bottom of quart mayo jar. Before we got him he was natorious for throwing trash all over the house.  My hubby broke him of that habit so to reward him, he would get all the empty jars before they were thrown away. He was smart enough to know there were no goodies in the trash. We just couldn't teach him to pick up his jars or paper plates.
He was great around Grandaughter, when she was a toddler. He was her alarm, her pillow, her play mate, and her horsy.
PMEmail Poster               
Highland Lassie 
Posted on 19-Feb-2003, 08:39 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Dancing Horse
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Massachusetts

female

Wow your dog seemed like he was awesome! Actually , he reminds me alot of my dog Hunter. He's awesome with my lil sister , and when you hand feeding him scraps he takes it out of your hand so gently. On the other hand , my other dogs wouldn't care if they ripped your finger off for the scraps , they just want to gulp them down!! Lol. Hunter is the best dog i have ever had. ALthough , Jenifer  my chiuahua is very sweet. She protects me , if me and my lil brother pretend we're fighting infront of her she will get in front of me and bark and growl at my lil brother. SHes 15. and for 15 she acts just like a puppy running around , she lost alot of her teeth and some of her site. But shes the happiest dog (for 15) you have ever seen!!! :cool:

--------------------
Vicky MacArthur
I Am a Scottish Dancer and I am proud of my heritage

Horses and dogs are not my whole life....But they make my life whole!
PMEmail Poster               
TinkersCranberryChild 
Posted on 20-Feb-2003, 09:26 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

Realm: anywhere and everywhere horses are

female

wait one minute!  you have a chihuahua??  I've been to your house I can I didn't know that  :-[ .  whoops. Me wants adorable Doggie that is an Irish Wolfhound( cna you say sweet cute adorable, loving, lovable, best doggies in the world??!!!) and another doggie called American Indian Doggies (the closest thing to a wolf.  They look sooooo much like wolves!!!)
Abby

--------------------
I love Tinker.  He's mine, allll mine!  At least, I wish.  You are the one who rocks my world! I LOVE YOU TINKER!!
and a Special note to Cran.  I love you hun, and you are are awesome!  Babe, I miss you, but I will love you forever!!!

It's better to have love and lost then to never have loved at all.

"Life is pain Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something!"-Westley, the princess Bride
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
Posted on 09-Apr-2003, 10:50 AM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

My mom has chihuahuas.  How can you miss one of those yippy things in a house?
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted on 09-Apr-2003, 08:42 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Quote (Cabbagehome @ April 09 2003,10:50)
My mom has chihuahuas.  How can you miss one of those yippy things in a house?

Chihuahuas are bad, but not as bad as poodles. Some friends of the family used to have a poodle. Every time we were at their house, my mom, my sister and I all wanted to stomp that dog, she was so annoying. Thank God Valentina (the poodle's name) is dead.

And this is coming from a person who likes animals.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
barddas 
Posted on 09-Apr-2003, 08:54 PM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

I have A Great Pyrenees. He is a such a big, white , gentle giant. He is the BEST dog I have ever had.

:D

Jason

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
Highland Lassie 
  Posted on 16-Apr-2003, 08:01 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Dancing Horse
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Massachusetts

female

Hey everyone. Hunter is doing so well now. You know what i trained him? I trained him to lunge like a horse. So i use m y big lead line and all i have to do is Cluck-Cluck with my tounge and he trots. If i say Hunter Canter in a firm voice he canters. although sometimes hes stubborn and lazy and doesn't want to canter so i pull on his caller a bit and he goes. I also taught him to go through jumping courses and hes awesome at it. He has jumped Max: about 3 feet Minimum:about 7 inches. Hes awesome and always trys so hard for me. He's the best doggie in the whole world!! Right now , hes sleeping like a baby on his nice soft doggie bed my mom made and gretshin , my other doggie is next to him. She is half Lab half rottweiler shes awesome but a wee bit on the deaf side(from old age) But shes awesome and is 13 and a half. Jenifer my chiuhua shes 15 and still acts like a puppy. Brandon is a pug/pitbull and has a little bit of whippet in him. We rescued him from a dog pound. He was abused as a puppy preety badly. But now hes all good. Except around people other than my family. Well , im going to look up dog treats so I can make him some nice yummys for easter. I'll give you all some treat recipes soon! Bye!

Happy easter!! :cool:
PMEmail Poster               
TracyLynn 
Posted on 19-Apr-2003, 01:39 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: United States Of AMERICA!

I have two baying beagles :D The boy (Lou) is so mellow and sweet, great dog! Then there's Ashley....she just gets on my last nerve :O I like their size, not to small and far from big, just right! :)

--------------------
How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?
PMEmail Poster               
Therasa 
Posted on 04-Dec-2003, 05:46 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacOak

female

unsure.gif Hello all;

I am glad this was posted. I love horses and dogs. Cats are o.k., I have one. But I prefer dogs though. My mum got a retriever when my boys were little. He was great with the boys. No matter if the boys pulled his hair or what, he just stood/laid there. But, he ran out the door one day in the winter as my dad was backing out of the driveway, and got hit. The vet tried to fix everything, but he couldn't. It was bout two years later when we got the next dog, he is a retriever, collie mix. Damn smart dog he is. Wonderful personality. Friendly and good with kids.

My favorite dog is the Bernise mountain dog, and the 'dog' I am caring for right now- pure wolf. He is one of the nicest animals. He is cuddly, yes he really is. tongue.gif He's just a huge baby.

There is a dog that lives a few houses from me, he is a pure shepherd. He has got to be the goofiest dog I have ever met. He has one ear that is straight up and the other flops down. He walks around the neighborhood visiting.

Another dog that is here is Ben, he is a lab. He's quite old now and has arthritis in his hips. But he chases the kids when they are playing. He will walk over to you, lean on your legs and wait for you to pet him. He leans into you more the harder you scratch, and his leg starts to twitch. he's hilarious. But you need to toss him his treat, he isn't very gentle when he takes it.

Jaz-my uncles dog, has adopted me and my boys. She lives only a block away, but most nights she won't go home. He's pretty ticked off about it, but our aunt said not to worry. Jaz will come over at 6am and try and spend the night all the time. We take her home alot of the time. Our cat is psycho around dogs, he chases them. And Jaz is scared of him. If he's in the hall, she won't try and pass. She'll lay where she is, or run off the other way.

Sorry to , yet again, babble. unsure.gif

--------------------
Therasa

Sweet kisses after death, are remembered
Sweet smiles after death, are recalled
Sweet voices after death, are silent
Sweet love after death, after all.

PMEmail Poster               
Madadh 
Posted on 04-Dec-2003, 06:13 PM
Quote Post

Lord High Hound of all Ireland
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Maryland

male

Myself, I am rather partial to the Irish Wolfhound.

I also like the Scottish Deer Hound

--------------------
-----------------------
Céad Mile Fáilte

May God hold you in the hallows of his hands

American First, Irish Always

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Shadows 
Posted on 04-Dec-2003, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

My favorite breed is the Shetland Sheep dog, next comes Australian Red Heeler.

I now have a sheltie/ heeler mix breed she is a one person dog , but protects the whole family. Up until a month ago we also owned a beagle, never again.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
MacErca 
Posted on 04-Dec-2003, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Houston, Texas

male

My favorite child is oh I mean breed Scottish Terrier as we have two of them , anyway they think they are children, the male is 7 years old now and the female is 4.

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.

I am Wolf.
It is my cry you hear in the night,
My eyes that gaze at you from the shadows.
It is my heart that beats in your Soul,
My strength that makes you whole.
I am Wolf. I am in you.
You are in Me. We Are Wolf.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
oldraven 
Posted on 04-Dec-2003, 09:11 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Great Dane, by a long shot. We had two growing up, and there's no dog out there as goofy and gentle. Plus, how many dogs get mistaken for a miniature horse. laugh.gif No joke, it's happened.

After that, I'd say German Shepheard. I've got one now, and had one when I was a kid. Smartest dog out there, in my opinion.

But really, just about any large pack dog. They all have such character.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
wyld piper 
Posted on 04-Dec-2003, 09:11 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacVine

Realm: South Mississippi

male

The best dog i ever had is my Chow/Shepherd mix, extremely intelligent, and great with the kids. He's just a big 4 year old Baby.

--------------------
~~ Oglaigh Na hEireann ~~ In Memory - 13 Fallen, January 30, 1972

The heart may think it knows better, the senses know that absence blots people out. We really have no absent friends. The friend becomes a traitor by breaking, however unwillingly or sadly, out of our own zone: a hard judgment is passed on him, for all the pleas of the heart. ...........Elizabeth Bowen

Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better..............Samuel Beckett
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
Arianrhod 
Posted on 04-Dec-2003, 09:41 PM
Quote Post

Lady of Starlight and Petal

ZodiacVine

Realm: Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands

female

Border Collies are my fave, and I never pass up a chance to show off my last one, Sis, she was brilliant...

Attached Image. Works with IE only! (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)

--------------------
Proud member of Clan Mac Roni , CEO of The KDC

The curve is mightier than the sword ...

"He's twitching, because ,
mah axe is embedded in
his nervious system " !
LOTR
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt