Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )
   Mobile App

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Favorite Dog Breed, For Dog Lovers!!! :-)
Bookmark and Share

Favorite Dog Breed
Labrador Retriever [ 25 ]  [45.45%]
PugWhippet [ 1 ]  [1.82%]
Great Dane [ 6 ]  [10.91%]
GreyHound [ 2 ]  [3.64%]
Shar-pai [ 3 ]  [5.45%]
RottweilerBoston Terrier [ 3 ]  [5.45%]
Afghan Hound [ 1 ]  [1.82%]
Irish Setter [ 14 ]  [25.45%]
Total Votes: 55
Guests cannot vote 
Aon_Daonna 
Posted on 22-Dec-2003, 02:40 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

Great Danes are awsome and beautiful! there's a neighbour of ours who has two, both jet black and soo beautiful!

But a friend's Rhodesian Ridgeback has an even higher shoulder, I just love that dog! He's great. He always "embraces" me when I come through the door (puts his paws on my shoulders and tries giving me a kiss wink.gif ) he doesn't often succeed though, I had training shoving him away since I was 14.

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
  Posted on 22-Dec-2003, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

QUOTE (oldraven @ Dec 22 2003, 12:37 PM)
I got to chat with two Great Danes at the dog park yesterday. biggrin.gif These things are so awesome. Big goofy and docile creatures. And what other dog can drool on your shoulder when you both have all six of your feet planted on the ground? laugh.gif

My daughter used to have a Harlequin Dane. She was georgeous! She come into the front room and literally sit on the couch with all 4 feet still on the floor. My daughter realized that her home was too small for Miss Sadie and her 4 children. She "gave" the dog away to a family who had an acerage. Smart choice.

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Aon_Daonna 
Posted on 22-Dec-2003, 04:34 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

well, if you have 4 children, you need alot of space anyway... but if you go walking often enough and long enough it should work out just fine.

There is alot of dog-breeds that were bred for watching (example Rottweilers) they can be left alone just fine and they will watch everything and be happy when you finally do something with them. You shouldn't have them alone though. I would never have a dog just on his own.
PMEmail Poster               
Eamon 
Posted on 22-Dec-2003, 05:37 PM
Quote Post

Captain of the Prydwen
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

I don't have a favorite breed, I just love them all. All my pets are rescues (1 beagle/Lab mix, and 4 cats). I am thinking of driving up to the Garden for the Westminster Kennel club show in Feb.

Eamon

--------------------
"I care not whether I die tomorrow or next year, if only my deeds live after me." -Cuchullain

"Bíodh roinnt de sin agat!"
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
  Posted on 22-Dec-2003, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Aon_Daonna @ Dec 22 2003, 03:34 PM)
well, if you have 4 children, you need alot of space anyway... but if you go walking often enough and long enough it should work out just fine.

There is alot of dog-breeds that were bred for watching (example Rottweilers) they can be left alone just fine and they will watch everything and be happy when you finally do something with them. You shouldn't have them alone though. I would never have a dog just on his own.

Does the walking calm your nerves or lose the children?

My son has a Roti and she is my monster Mati's best friend. Dog's, many of them, are indeed social crittters. As I've said afore, if not for me dad I'd have a playmate for my Jack. Someday.

What breed of pup do you have?
Highland Lassie 
Posted on 22-Dec-2003, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Dancing Horse
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Massachusetts

female

I have two dogs! Playful little creatures they are! I have a Canadian Black Labrador named Hunter , He is a monster! He is almost as big as a Great dane. When we bought him we didnt think their was a diffrence between Canadian labrador or the regular labrador. But the canadians labrador have huge squarer heads huge very built bodies. And he has eyes to die for! I've trained him mostly my mom helped with the basics. But I taught him agility , he is awesome at that! I hope to bring him in a show in the near future! Hopefully he will win he is gorgeous though Awesome conformation! I also taught him to keep a treat on his nose for a long period of time , and I taught him how to bow. Hes great at that. He is a very smart dog. I also Have a pug/pitbull. He was a abused as a puppy and we rescued him yippee! He doesnt look very much at all like a pitbull though. He looks more like a rather large pug. Curly tail and all. awesome dog and he howls like a wolf lol. I taught him Agility also. he's good at it but some jumps hes nervous to go over. Cant show him though hes not pure BooHoo! He would be awesome though hes a natural at everything even if he does have a nervous side. I should post a picture of them two. They really are quite characters. And did i say best friends? hehe. They used to hate each other before we put my two dogs Jennie (Chiuhua) and Gretshin (Labrador/roti) to rest. they were 15 and 16. Brandon and Hunter have been looking for them. Brandon once got out of the yard and I suspect hes trying to leave to go look for them. Hunter has tryed countlessly to get out of the yard also But it hasnt worked yet. So now when their loose I stay with them. They really are some nice dogs. But really , they are more than pets their my friends. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Vicky MacArthur
I Am a Scottish Dancer and I am proud of my heritage

Horses and dogs are not my whole life....But they make my life whole!
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
  Posted on 26-Dec-2003, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I think I can finally post the pic of my Monster Mati. I had to download a whole new program.............well, that is not important. Mathilda Peabody is my buddy. beer_mug.gif

Attached Image. Works with IE only! (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
JaneyMae 
  Posted on 26-Dec-2003, 05:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Okay, just one more laugh.gif I'm so excited that I finally figured this one out. biggrin.gif I feel like a party!!! My house! Now! laugh.gif

Aon_Daonna 
Posted on 26-Dec-2003, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

He looks like that HMV advert dog! cute thing...
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted on 26-Dec-2003, 08:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

JaneyMae! You did it! I am so excited to finally see a pic of the Monster Mati! What beautiful little pal you got there! I like the pose at the window.....strike a pose! Great shot!

Now, if I may be so obnoxious, I took another pic of my two handsome boys! Nikki likes to pose for the camera, although he looks stiff! Oh well! laugh.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
JaneyMae 
Posted on 27-Dec-2003, 12:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Your boys are incredible!!! Are they Collies or Shelties? Hope that's not a dumb question. They are indeed wonderful!!!
High Plains Drifter 
Posted on 27-Dec-2003, 01:13 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Colorado

male

We have a pair of West Highland white terriers, 20 pound dogs that think they weigh 80. Westies are little white dogs with a highlander attitude; independent, stubborn, protective of what's theirs and loyal to a fault.

--------------------
Be Mindful
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted on 27-Dec-2003, 01:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

JaneyMae! They are Shelties! that is not a dumb question as they look the same except Shelties are much shorter and have a bit shorter noses, but they are the same in personality and such. Very inteligent dogs.

Highland Plains Drifter! I love Westies. I have thought about getting one of those as well. I see them a lot at Sottish Highland festivals. Great dogs! give us a pic of yours! smile.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted on 27-Dec-2003, 08:52 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

Westies are too yappy for my taste.. they are incredibly popular in Germany but I can't stand them.

When we move into a bigger flat with a bigger garden I will get myself a grown up dog from a kennel and a Rhodesian Ridgeback Pup (I don't believe in holding a dog on it's own).

user posted image

I'd also like an Irish Wolfhound though =o
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
  Posted on 27-Dec-2003, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

CelticRose, Have friends who raised Shelties and they are wonderful dogs. We took their last one in to be put down a few years ago. They won't go back to dogs again because they loved the others so much. Yours are definitely beautiful! You keep them well groomed!

High Plains Drifter, Westies are a kick! They are so very full of life and a lot of fun! Make wonderful watchdogs.

Aon_Daonna, have no personal experience with Ridgebacks but understand they are really smart. The pic you posted is indeed a handsome pup!

This is a fun thread. Dogs are such wonderful people! thumbs_up.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt