Posted: 27-Jun-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Defender of Freedom, Protector and Servent of the People
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Tracy, California U.S.A.

male

To the person above me, big hello to you and I hope all is well. Sure do miss spending time here with all my great CR friends.

Big hello to everyone above the person above me.

--------------------
Semper Fi

"If a man has found nothing he's willing to die for, he is not ready to live"

DISCIPLINE MUST BE A HABIT SO INGRAINED THAT IT IS STRONGER THAN THE EXCITEMENT OF BATTLE OR THE FEAR OF DEATH.
General George S. Patton

Laws that forbid the carrying of firearms, disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assulted, and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourge, than to prevent homicides. For an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Thomas Jefferson
PMEmail Poster               
gcw57 
Posted: 27-Jun-2010, 07:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

Realm: British Columbia

male

To the person above me I send strong wishes for wonderful opportunities to present themselves to you!

--------------------
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster               
Antonio 
Posted: 05-Jul-2010, 09:38 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

To the person above me, you seem to be as big a fan of Celtic Thunder as I am. And thank you for the strong wishes, they are very much appreciated.
PMEmail Poster               
gcw57 
  Posted: 06-Jul-2010, 02:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

T'is true. I have been (and may still be) a Thunderhead! Love the music but not sure where Sharon Brown is trying to take them. I'd love to see a lot more Celtic in Celtic Thunder!

To the person above me I wish nights of good music, good friends and good drink!
PMEmail Poster               
Antonio 
Posted: 06-Jul-2010, 08:43 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

To the person above me! thank you for the kind thoughts, and may your day be filled with what ever you wish.

I agree don't know where their going, I still watch their first show over and over on DVD. I love the music, I have the CD also. Do not like " Thats Entertainment " at all, don't even remember anything Celtic in it.
PMEmail Poster               
gcw57 
  Posted: 06-Jul-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

I have all the music and DVD's (I think) and I agree that "That's Entertainment" was a bit of a shock. I think it was much better produced than "Take Me Home" and had wonderful songs and set-ups but you are right, there was nothing Celtic about it at all. That surprised me until I found out that Producer Sharon Browne has some very different ideas about the group.

I wondered when, the only time I saw them live there was virtually no interaction with the audience. . . one 'How are you tonight" from Keith and a 'thank you' from George and Damien. Seems Ms Browne considers the performance to be more like a play rather than a concert and doesn't believe that audience interaction is a good thing. I overheard a number of people that night saying how cold the group appeared.

I have even heard rumours that Ms Browne is considering gathering a second group of guys and touring them at the same time, also being called "Celtic Thunder" or something close. Personally, I think that's got to be a slap in the face to the current group. It basically says that any of them can be put in or out at her whim. She doesn't seem to grasp that the audience enjoys the different guys as much as they enjoy the different songs

I know that Paul was somewhat injured during the taping of "That's Entertainment", and the next dvd to be released, is the reason that we suddenly found Neil Byrne front and center with his own songs. Fine and dandy, Neil is very talented and comes from a wonderful musical background but to just put him in with no explanation to the DVD audience seemed kind of strange to me.

Both "That's Entertainment" and the next show, whose title continues to elude my mind today, were taped over two days shows. "That's Entertainment" basically was the first half of each show with the second half being the new show. What we finally get from the new show will go a long way to determine whether I stay involved with the group or not. I like Celtic Thunder, I just wish there was more Irish and celtic songs.

You really didn't rolleyes.gif need to know any of that did you, Antonio? I hope you are enjoying a wonderful time of good fortune, health and happiness!
PMEmail Poster               
Antonio 
Posted: 06-Jul-2010, 10:27 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

To the person above me, I enjoyed very much what you had to say about Celtic Thunder. If I had gone expecting to see Celtic Thunder like their first show, but saw instead " That's Entertainment " I would have been very disappointed. It's not that I don't like "Thats Entertainment " it's just not Celtic. I agree the music and all that was the show was very good, maybe when they do a show that's not Celtic they should be called " The Not Celtic Thunder ". Ms. Browne is so very wrong, the audience is as important as the singers themselves. The interaction between the singers and the audience is the show. I go see a show and everyone in the audience including myself, are singing along now thats a good time and a great show!!. Maybe Ms. Browne should go away and produce a play. Tis of course my humble opinion.
PMEmail Poster               
gcw57 
  Posted: 06-Jul-2010, 11:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

To the person above me, I also am enjoying our conversation. Sad really that no one has joined in to it.

Ms Browne (Yes, I spelled her name wrong before) was one of the producers of "Celtic Woman" and, as I understand it could not agree with the others about what should be done with them in the future. (The Celtic Woman concert at Slane Castle was incredible). Ms Browne left that group and formed Celtic Thunder with sole control over the show. She is very dedicated and hard working but she does it with a managers mind, which is very different from the group's (I hope) and the fans.

I just checked with my Celtic Thunder reliable source and she told me that in October they are releasing a Christmas CD in October and have another CD of Celtic music planned for early 2011. The new DVD, which has been pushed back to release next year, is called "Storm" and it was described by one attendee as "Storm = Musical theatre production full of driving energy, stick-in-your-head music, tasteful acting and overall an outstanding production." The set and setting will help the listener with some of the songs as to how they fit into the story, but each song stands alone very well.
PMEmail Poster               
Antonio 
Posted: 13-Jul-2010, 11:03 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

To the person above me, are we the only Thunderheads left? no couldn't be.

That sounds exciting, can't wait for the new releases.
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
  Posted: 16-Jul-2010, 10:42 AM
Quote Post

Lady Leleanda - Mystic Dreamer
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

To the persons above me, I am hoping you are well and life is treating you with great favor smile.gif

I too am a 'Thunderhead' but would rather have them stay in the Celtic Song settings and not the new music that they have been instructed to perform. I too was disappointed to view on PBS a concert containing only their new fangled songs.

I choose to remember them as Celtic Thunder. I will not be attending any of their concerts anytime soon unless they revert to the Celtic lore once again.........heck, I can even settle for new songs as long as they are Celtic.

--------------------
Slàinte!

Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Beauty is not just all around us, but within us....

"Mo nighean donn," he whispered, "Mo chridhe. My brown lass, my heart. Come to me. Cover me. Shelter me, a bhean, heal me. Burn with me, as I burn for you."(Fiery Cross Quote)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Antonio 
Posted: 14-Aug-2010, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

To the person above me, spoken like a true Thunderhead I applaud you. Celtic is Celtic and if their not going to sing Celtic they should change there name. Does that make me close minded? rolleyes.gif

Hope your well!!.
PMEmail Poster               
gcw57 
  Posted: 14-Aug-2010, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

To the two people above me, I can tell you that I received a survey from Celtic Thunder and one of the questions asked was something along the idea of - does it both you that Celtic Thunder do contemporary songs? I said that I don't mind a contemporary song but I much prefer that the songs be Celtic in origin or feel. Maybe enough people have spoken out that Sharon Browne is finally listening. I am quite looking forward to their Christmas album and the all Celtic album. (I know by saying "album" I'm showing my age but there you go!) wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 18-Aug-2010, 06:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacVine

female

To the person above me...glad to see you and hope that you are well and to the persons above (Leelee and Antonio) I wish you all the best!!

LOA smile.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Antonio 
Posted: 21-Aug-2010, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

To the person above me a great big hello, it's been so very long hope your well. Also hope to see you around here more, miss all your posting. biggrin.gif

To the person above the person above me, gcw57 I hope your right, and Sharon Browne is listening to people. I am also looking forward to the new albums. Showing your age, were there still Record Albums around when you were old enough to remember? why your still a youngster. biggrin.gif

Hello Leelee!!
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 22-Aug-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote Post

Lady Leleanda - Mystic Dreamer
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

To the persons above me:

Hi Antonio!!! biggrin.gif Hope you are doing well & enjoying your Summer weather cool.gif I've been quite busy with life around here, which is a good thing smile.gif

Hi LOA!!! Glad to see that you are back! I hope you are doing well.

Hi gcw57!! Cheers to another Thunderhead! Enjoying your Summer?? Has the fires affected you in B.C. sad.gif

To all the persons above me, I hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend biggrin.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt