Sekhmet 
Posted: 17-Jul-2008, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Queen of Hel -...um, Argyll...

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

Now eBay has made it so that negative feedback cannot be given. Sellers and buyers alike are leaving in droves over this piece of questionable "progress".

Oh, and if you're a seller and used Paypal as your means of payment, be wary. If a buyer disputes the transaction with Paypal, your account will very likely be charged back if the claim was made within (I believe) 45 days. There have also been frequent complaints of after a seller's account has been charged back, that the account is frozen. We've been hearing horror stories left and right in the last few months with this little gem.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 17-Jul-2008, 12:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I have never sold on E-bay and have not bought in a year or more. I would not buy if negative feed back was blocked. That is the ONLY way to guess whether you are buying from a reputable dealer. As a buyer, my feedback is perfect.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Nov-2008, 06:42 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Is anyone thinking about bidding on this? It is for a wonderful cause. I need to save up a few more of my penny jars. wink.gif
Black Hornet

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 23-Nov-2008, 10:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Yep, I'm bidding on it. In my dreams. tongue.gif

Val

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
InRi 
Posted: 23-Nov-2008, 01:33 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Saxons

ZodiacVine

Realm: Arbing, Upper Austria

male

Why bidding? There are standing three of these things in my garage yet... (in my dreams...) biggrin.gif

Ingo

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 25-Nov-2008, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Are others getting a tremendous number of phishing attempts from E-bay and Pay-pal knock off's? I have a link to report attempts to Pay-pal but not one for E-bay. In my case they went from one a month at most to daily! Since I have used neither for at least two years, I reply to nothing.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 25-Nov-2008, 11:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Patch, It has been along time since I have received any attempts. When you go to Ebay, there is a small banner in the top right hand corner the says "Ebay Security & Resolution Center. When that page comes up, on the left side there is a topic "Protect your account", under it is "Reporting Phishing & Spoof". Hope this helps.

Val
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 27-Nov-2008, 08:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (valpal59 @ 25-Nov-2008, 12:22 PM)
Patch, It has been along time since I have received any attempts. When you go to Ebay, there is a small banner in the top right hand corner the says "Ebay Security & Resolution Center. When that page comes up, on the left side there is a topic "Protect your account", under it is "Reporting Phishing & Spoof". Hope this helps.

Val

Thank you, I have not been there for a long time. I have had 4 attempts recently and if they are not reported, they can not be stopped.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patriot1776 
Posted: 28-Nov-2008, 04:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: North Carolina

male

After the holidays, I'm going to start looking on there for a second turntable, probably a Technics SL-1200. I'm wanting a second table to perhaps give to a relative as possibly a late Christmas present, or possibly as their big Christmas present if I can find a good enough deal for one that's not been abused by a DJ in a night club.

--------------------
LP Vinyl Enthusiast - It really needs to be in LP vinyl format for me to most certainly get it. ^^

"Your brother brought me silver, and your sister warmed my soul, but now I laugh and pull so hard and see you swinging from the gallows pole!" - from the Led Zeppelin song "Gallows Pole", 'Led Zeppelin III' album.
PMEmail Poster               
jime307 
Posted: 19-Dec-2008, 06:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Jackson Hole, Wyoming USA

male

I use ebay a lot. however had a rather ridiclous problem with a seller where I bought an iPod and never recieved I got my money back but it really was aggravating

--------------------

St. Patrick's Day countdown banner
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
InRi 
Posted: 20-Dec-2008, 12:53 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Saxons

ZodiacVine

Realm: Arbing, Upper Austria

male

In the past I used ebay rather often as a buyer and sometime as a seller too. As a buyer I used because I could buy a lot of things for good prices. As a seller I used because I've got a littlebit money for things I would have cast off otherwise...
But by and by I had to notice that almost exclusively professional traders work there. The prices are "dead" and it isn't a difference to buy something by ebay or by a local dealer. OK, one difference is existing: I can grab the local dealer "by the sruff of the neck" if he try to sell me a garbage... If I buy by ebay it isn't so simple...
I gave up to buy and sell there.

Ingo
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt