dundee 
Posted: 20-Oct-2005, 09:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacReed

male

as a dog person i have been really biting my tongue through this thread...... tongue.gif note.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 24-Oct-2005, 10:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

SCshamrock and Chocolatefilk:

I think putting his box in the area where he insists on going is the next step.
I did buy some vinegar, but we have not tried it yet.

Dundee - I hear ya! (woof!) laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster               
dundee 
Posted: 24-Oct-2005, 11:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 24-Oct-2005, 10:52 AM)

Dundee - I hear ya! (woof!) laugh.gif

moore..... then i wouldnt be out of line in suggesting .......
'
kitty potpie? biggrin.gif
stoirmeil 
Posted: 24-Oct-2005, 01:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (dundee @ 24-Oct-2005, 11:34 AM)

Yeh. tongue.gif

And throw in some slices of that good marinated carpet for a flavor booster.
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 25-Oct-2005, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (dundee @ 24-Oct-2005, 11:34 AM)

I tell ya', last night I was so mad at him. My wife brought him to bed with us, because she thought he was acting strange. He stood at the foot of our bed as if in a daze. We thought the inuslin was a little off. Then he proceeds to whiz right on our bed and quilt! nono.gif
My wife grabbed him, causing a spray to go across the bedroom carpet. She took him to his box and as usual, he shot right out of there!!!! (I guess he no longer had to go)
PMEmail Poster               
ChocolateFilk 
  Posted: 25-Oct-2005, 10:56 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacElder

Realm: San Diego Area

male

I tell ya', last night I was so mad at him. My wife brought him to bed with us, because she thought he was acting strange. He stood at the foot of our bed as if in a daze. We thought the inuslin was a little off. Then he proceeds to whiz right on our bed and quilt!

What a bummer. We had a problem with one of our cats peeing in the bed on a daily basis. It was a part of a turf war our three indoor female cats got into. Another one would pee on the wall by the bathroom door. We tried several thing, including keeping a waterproof mattress pad on the bed when we were not in it. We had to wash the pad daily. We finally got a two level cat cage and kept Kethry in there during the day. This gave her a safe place and the turf war subsided. Now keth only goes in when she wants to use her box or eat.

My last cat, a 15 year old female named Miri, spent her last 2 years in the bathroom. She could not find her box if it was more than a few feet away. We had her in a nice bed with a heating pad underneath.

These type of problems always seem to take time to resolve. We had to replace the hall carpet due to the turf war. I now have plastic carpet protector over the areas Tarma has marked before. It makes clean up much easier, though a little does seep through the cracks.

--------------------
Jesus is Lord ||| Love Kate ||| Clan Ross ||| Science Fiction ||| Windbourne Sound ||| Filker
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 26-Oct-2005, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 25-Oct-2005, 11:19 AM)
I tell ya', last night I was so mad at him. My wife brought him to bed with us, because she thought he was acting strange. He stood at the foot of our bed as if in a daze. We thought the inuslin was a little off. Then he proceeds to whiz right on our bed and quilt! nono.gif
My wife grabbed him, causing a spray to go across the bedroom carpet. She took him to his box and as usual, he shot right out of there!!!! (I guess he no longer had to go)

Well -- I guess bringing him to bed with you wasn't quite the therapy it was intended to be.
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 27-Oct-2005, 10:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 26-Oct-2005, 11:41 AM)
QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 25-Oct-2005, 11:19 AM)
I tell ya', last night I was so mad at him. My wife brought him to bed with us, because she thought he was acting strange. He stood at the foot of our bed as if in a daze. We thought the inuslin was a little off. Then he proceeds to whiz right on our bed and quilt!  nono.gif

Well -- I guess bringing him to bed with you wasn't quite the therapy it was intended to be.

No it wasn't.
This morning I was greeted with a couple of pooh.gif pooh.gif on the kitchen floor. At least with it being on the linoleum it was easy to clean up.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 27-Oct-2005, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

It's really looking like you're going to have to restrict him to a room or a few rooms with a box and an easy-clean surface until he gets over this, if he's going to. It's so sad -- a confused little old man cat is just what he sounds like. If there is a way to make him a bed with soft towels that can be just washed out easily, that would help.
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 02-Nov-2005, 11:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Last night I took kitty and put him in his box and he went #1!!!!
Its so funny, its like we are potty training a cat. We get excited if we get him to use his box!
This morning he had no suprises for us. First time in a while.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 02-Nov-2005, 12:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 02-Nov-2005, 11:55 AM)
Its so funny, its like we are potty training a cat. We get excited if we get him to use his box!

Reward him immediately if he does it right again! Some kind of treat. Cats are weird and don't seem to understand punishment, except that it makes them sneaky -- but even a slug knows from reinforcement. laugh.gif I'm glad this phase is passing. You'll both be so much happier.
PMEmail Poster               
justgreen 
Posted: 29-May-2006, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: BFE Wyoming

female

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 02-Nov-2005, 11:55 AM)

Poor kitty. sad.gif I don't have any advice, other than a vet tech once told me if a cat's habits change (for the worse), that there is likely a medical problem. But since your cat already has diabetes, that's a horrible problem in itself.

My cat has a love affair with her litter box. She stands guard every time I clean it out! She's been using a box since she was about 4 weeks old (she was abandoned before her eyes were open), and if I pick the litter box up to empty it and clean it, she follows me and protests.

Good luck with your precious fur baby. tongue.gif

--------------------
The best little kitten in the world Callie says Meep

justy's hair journal
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 30-May-2006, 04:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Dundee! You are awful, awful! Stop it! LOL

I am sorry y'all, I am a dog person now, but I was raised with cats most my life. My experience with both kitties or dogs is that anytime an animal changes behavior is that it is because of two things. Either the animal is not getting enough attention or has a serious medical problem. I feel very badly for the kitty and for you all having to deal with this, JP. It must be extremely stressful for your family. Besides diabetes, I would have the kitty checked out for other problems and please take him to another vet to do this! There are vets out there who truly care about the animals they treat...believe me.

My sister has two kitties and they are obsessed with their litter boxes. She can't clean them fast enough. They are right there when she cleans them and meows the whole time and as soon as she does, they jump in them to do their business, only for her to have to clean then again! Sheesh! Sounds so exhausting to me..but they are extremely clean cats. One even ran and barfed in its potty pan once! How amazing is that? ohmy.gif

JP, keep us posted.

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 30-May-2006, 12:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
2,147,483,647 Gold!

One of our cats, who had been good about using the litter box, suddenly started peeing all over, including our bed with us in it. We took him to the vet and turns out he had a serious problem with kidney stones. Once his problem was resolved, he "reformed" his ways. The vet said that peeing where he wasn't supposed to was the only way he had to let us know there was a problem. Diabetes could easily cause a kidney problem. He needs to be checked by a vet you trust.

Also, we have a cat who is partially paralyzed and can't get into a litter box to use it. For him, we buy disposable bed pads (the kind for people with problems). We spread one on the floor and he crawls to it to do his business. (He doesn't always get it in the right place; his front end doesn't really know where his back end is, but he tries to do right.)

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 30-May-2006, 01:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Hey Carolinascotsman! I have had to put a doggy in baby diapers before. Whatever works, eh? Everyone kept telling me to put this dog down, but I would not. He lived a good full life, even if he was in diapers the latter part.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt