Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Dunbars of kentucky, Bertha allen dunbar
scottish2 
Posted: 09-Nov-2001, 02:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Might be a good idea to post as much info (As you feel comfortable giving) that might help people help you. You know such as dates and such. Might help you in your quest. And not sure how new or old you are to genealogy so a tip  :)

Talk to those that are still alive. Once their gone those sources are lost forever. Records on the other hand will be around allot longer (Providing for obvious problems like fire, flood, etc.) and with electronic type storage now on the net could be around forever. Ok my 2 cents tip for the day.  :D
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
  Posted: 02-Dec-2001, 11:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Which program? I have sierra's Millenium edition generations which has about 21 disks with it with a butt load of info and searches availible.  (xmas)
PMEmail Poster               
azelb 
Posted: 09-Nov-2001, 02:37 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Bowling Green, KY

male

I am searching for the ancestry of Bertha Allen Dunbar.  If anyone knows her parents and grand parents I would like to hear from you.
[email protected]

--------------------
One and All

Azel Hill Dunbar/BecknerMy Webpage
PMEmail Poster               
Falachaidh 
Posted: 02-Dec-2001, 10:28 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Central Florida

If you had a city that would help. I have a family tree software that included land titles/grants, immigrations records from Boston, social seciurity index.. i could plug in a search.
Just a fair warning.. I just bought this, and am still trying to figure out how to install it 100%  !!
:$

--------------------
Dance Life to the Fullest.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 03-Dec-2001, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
199,186 Gold!

Quote from Falachaidh, posted on Dec. 02 2001,11:28Quote:
If you had a city that would help. I have a family tree software that included land titles/grants, immigrations records from Boston

Falachaidh,

Hmmm...from Boston? Could you look at my name?

I keep having this reoccuring day dream that some long lost Uncle has willed to me his estate (complete with castle, mote and a few horses) and somehow they can not find me!

:o)

ok, I know what you are going to say...keep dreaming! lol

I think the best place to start is your family, even distant Aunts and Uncles (that you have not contacted for years) could be holding on to information that is vital for your research.

A good example is my wife. Her mother had died when she was very young, so she really did not know to much about her family background. When we started researching our families she contacted her Aunt and found out that her Grandfather was born and raised in Scotland! My first response was, "You never told me you had scotch in ya!" - Because of that phone call to her Aunt (who had become detached from the family after everyone died or moved) we have become very close to her and have her out to the house a number of times each year. We also gained a great deal of knowledge that we wouldn't normally obtain through written records.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]