Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 10:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Nebraska

female

Harry DOES have to be the one to kill Voldemort. Here is the exact prophecy as quoted in Order of the Phoenix:

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches...born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies...and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not...and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives...the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies..."

So, obviously Harry will have to kill LV. And what is there to make Harry go back to Hogwarts? Sirius is gone, Dumbledore is gone, nowhere will be safe for Harry now. As soon as he turns 18 the power of the Dursley's leaves too. The only thing that will make Harry safe and allow him to live without looking over his shoulder all the time is to get rid of LV once and for all. If he goes back to Hogwarts he will be endagering everyone there again. I don't agree that LV hid the horcruxes in Hogwarts. If he would have become a teacher then he might have, but when DD refused to hire him he wouldn't have dared place something that valuable to himself right under DD nose. I think, perhaps, he is going to need to go through DD office to see if he can find clues to the other Horcruxes whereabouts but that is all he'd need Hogwarts for.

I'm with you Siobhan Blues! I always picture Harris' Dumbledore as well! Gambon DID do a good job, he's just not Richard Harris!!

--------------------
Sonee

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke

"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 13-Aug-2005, 03:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

I finally finished re-reading HP 4 (Goblet of Fire) so I'd have an idea of what to expect in the movie that is due this winter, and it really is a good book. Can't wait to see what Krum looks like, and Mad-eye Moody - wouldn't Christopher Lloyd be good for that role! He was such a squirrell in 'Back to the Future' and 'Roger Rabbit', he'd do Moody well.
HP4 sure has some violence in it though, unless they cut a lot of it out its not going to be suitable for kids at ALL.

I'd forgotten how dramatic HP4 is at the end; all the books get really going in the last four or five chapters, don't they?!

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
Sekhmet 
Posted: 13-Aug-2005, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Hel -...um, Argyll...

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

From what I've seen of the pics of the guy who plays Krum in the movie...he looks like a big, broody Russian. Fitting. LOL

They say that a lot of the "goody-goody" of the first few books will be done away with in this new movie, and a more edgy, somber tone will be put in its place, to show that they aren't kids anymore, and there really is a war coming. I'm curious to see how they manage to pull that off and not kill the flavor of the books and movies.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Ceciliastar1 
Posted: 14-Aug-2005, 12:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ohio.

female

I LOVED IT!!! I CRIED SOOOO HARD!!!!
I don't know what to think anymore. I thought I had to characters pinned but not anymore. I totally didn't expect any of what happened!!!!! Omigosh! I can't wait until I read the next one!

--------------------
There's a dear little plant that grows in our Isle
Twas St . Patrick himself, sure, that set it;
And the sun of his labour with pleasure did smile,
And with dew from his eye often wet it.
It grows through the bog, through the brake, through the
Mireland, and they call it the dear little shamrock of Ireland.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 15-Aug-2005, 10:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

sad.gif
I cried too. I still don't like it that it ended that way.
And I also wonder if the flavor of the original books is being lost now that the edgy, somber tone is taking over... I liked the first books a lot, and remember being a bit troubled at that final confrontation in book when Harry and Cedric are in the maze but end up unexpectedly at the cemetery & Harry has the face-off with V. That seemed disturbingly violent, for a book about a kid.

I confess I like happy endings, too! I'm a bit of a sap about that, but its only because in life we often don't have happy endings and in fiction which I'm reading for a bit of an escape I like to end it all with at least a bit of optimism. I don't want my 'light reading' triggering a bad mood - I do that on my own quite well thank you.

rolleyes.gif

SB
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 15-Aug-2005, 12:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

I think that as Harry is growing up, the stories are growing up with him. I gues JK is doing that so that tech new book fits the age that Harry is i the book. At least that's my idea of it.

Besides, I don't think the stories are changing all that much. Book one had some pretty freaky stuff in it, such as Quirrel drinking the unicorn blood and the voldemort showing up on his head. The second book had the fight with the basilisk and everyone being attacked. Te third had the dementors.

There will be a lot of action in this fourth movie, and it will certainly end on a dark note...but noneof the books have been completely innocent and fu throughout.

I"m excited for the fourth movie because it was my favorite book, until Order of the Phoenix made me confused as to which of the two I liked more.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
May those who love us love us
And those who don't love us
May God turn their hearts,
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
PMEmail Poster               
Meryat 
Posted: 15-Aug-2005, 01:33 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Somewhere near a computer

When I read HP4, I didn't actually like it much. I had managed to pay so much attention to the lighter side of the first three that the fourth one hit me upside the head with the darker themes. Now that I've adjusted to the thought of the series as more serious and having more of an adult tone than a childish one, I ought to go back and read it; I'd probably like it more -- except for when it gets horribly tedious. It was the only HP book I actually had to make myself keep reading at some points because it managed to loose my interest for chunks longer than a few paragraphs and stretching into several pages, maybe even tens of pages.

The main problem I had with HP4 was the rampant cheating that went on with the Triwizard Tournament. Even though Harry never really seemed to try to cheat, he ended up doing so a number of times. I far prefer the way things went in HP6, where there was rather less rule-breaking, or so it seemed. Then again, I tend to be like Hermione in more than my tendency to devour books.

I have to wonder how they're going to manage to make the fourth movie a manageable length and appropriate for children. There has been content cut out of the first three plots to make short enough movies, and the books were probably only half the length of the fourth one. Also, there's no way to avoid darker content -- probably dark enough to warrant at least PG-13 -- without removing large chunks of the plot. The backstory of Neville's parents, Cedric's death, the fight in the graveyard -- these are not particularly child-friendly subjects.

If HP fans really had grown up as the books came out, it wouldn't be as much of a problem, but fans are getting younger and reading all the books as they're introduced to them. Being college-age myself, I am not sure whether I'm seeing the (later) books as more or less appropriate for children than they truly are. I know I was reading out of the adult section by my mid-teens, but I had been reading sixth-grade books in kindergarten and first grade.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 16-Aug-2005, 08:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

female

QUOTE (Meryat @ 15-Aug-2005, 01:33 PM)

The main problem I had with HP4 was the rampant cheating that went on with the Triwizard Tournament. Even though Harry never really seemed to try to cheat, he ended up doing so a number of times. I far prefer the way things went in HP6, where there was rather less rule-breaking, or so it seemed. Then again, I tend to be like Hermione in more than my tendency to devour books.

I didn't like all the cheating either!

Hey, I'm like Hermoine in the tendency to love books too... and this summer humidity in Georgia is making my hair just about as bushy as hers too! laugh.gif

SB
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 16-Aug-2005, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

OH stop being such goody goodies. It's not like he really had a choice in the matter. He didn't put his name in after all. Plus he didn't have the advantage of experience the others had, AND they were cheating too, so it's not like Harry was doing anything the others weren't. And to top it off Hermione was helping him cheat from time to time too...

Woah. I think I was just channeling Ron for a second there...weird..... wacko.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Eiric 
Posted: 01-Sep-2005, 06:08 AM
Quote Post

Son of the Seven Seas and Keeper of the Holy Key
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Sweden, but me heart's in Scotland - An t-Suain, ach tha mo chridhe Ós ann Alba

male

HP6 IS THE BEST BUT MOST CONFUSING HP BOOK EVER!!! I also think that Dumbledore's not dead!

And since I'm red-haired Ron's my favourite, although I am honestly a real Hermione type...

--------------------
Anam Ceilteach

About Indigenous Peoples
If you ever needed a GÓidhlig dictionary

If you think you can hold me down
I beg to differ
If you think you can twist my words
I'll sing forever

Tha gach uile dhuine air a bhreth saor agus co-ionnan ann an urram 's ann an c˛irichean. Tha iad air am breth le reusan is le cogais agus mar sin bu ch˛ir dhaibh a bhith be˛ nam measg fhein ann an spiorad brÓthaireil

If you think you can hold me down
I beg to differ
If you think you can twist my words
I'll sing forever
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 01-Sep-2005, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

female

I don't think he's dead either! We're quite the optimists, aren't we??

laugh.gif

thumbs_up.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
ę2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ę2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt