Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Historical Fiction, Anyone writing or doing research for it?
Bookmark and Share
Diarmuid 
Posted: 11-Jun-2005, 06:03 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

male

I'm currently doing research for writing my own historical fiction novel. If anyone has seen Kingdom of Heaven they'll have a leg up on my premise:

1187 AD: Saladin has nearly destroyed the Christian army. He has taken Juresulem and many prisoners with only a couple thousand being able to buy the freedom from slavery. Saladin's brother upon the sight of seeing so many destined for slavery requested that 1000 people be set free for his part in the crusade which they are. The Knights Templar who once thought of themselves as the major force for the protection of Jerusalem could do little now. (That is all true) My novel will follow the story of a fictious second brother of Saladin chasing a small unit of Celtic Knights Templar to a small country near the coast of Italy. There they will bring war to a sleepy country who just want to continue being farmers. Among them will rise a hero. A hero who has lost his faith in God. A man in which all religios affliliations fade in the light of his melancholic quest to find a noble and peaceful purpose in life.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Anyone else out there writing?

--------------------
I am currently working on and doing research for the writing of a fictional novel in which the country being invaded is a celtic one. Any suggestions on content or research would be welcome.

[QUOTE]Love is but a boat set upon an open sea. Ans those things that imperil it, the waves of fear and doubt are also what earn its dignity in our memory.
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 16-Jun-2005, 12:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Hi there austinable! I am not a writer by any means, but I just had to say that I admire anybody who has the gift of the written word. My sister-in-law is a published author and it is a lonely world to be in when your doing your craft. Your story sounds fascinating. I am not well-versed on the Knights of Templar. Kind of just learning a wee bit about them myself recently.

Have you checked the Celtic forum here in CR on the history and culture? We used to have a few writers on board here, but not sure where they have all gone. unsure.gif Hopefully, some of them will come in and have a chat with you!

Good luck in your endeavor!

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Diarmuid 
Posted: 17-Jun-2005, 01:38 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacVine

male

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement, I certainly need them. I love reading and writing but for some reason I have always disliked research. But if this novel is to have any kind of believable historical context or relevancy I have to do the research. Then there is the hyper sensetive subject of involving religion in even the smallest of degrees. I'll post again when I have something kind of start to the novel
PMEmail Poster               
cappieannie 
Posted: 09-Jul-2005, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Warren Michigan

female

I am a writer too. I have one story that is historical fiction in places, but it is a different time period. I hope your story works out it sounds like something Id read. Just dont turn in to me and have 15 going at once then proceed to have writers block on ALL of them. lol.

Good luck and I hope to see it in print one day.

--------------------
O'er the glad waters of the dark blue sea,
Our thoughts as boundless, and our souls as free,
Far as the breeze can bear, the billows foam,
Survey our empire, and behold our home!
-Lord Byron
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt