Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Any one highland dance?, Dance is fun.
Bookmark and Share
Highland Lassie 
Posted: 06-Nov-2002, 08:52 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Dancing Horse
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Massachusetts

female

Anyone Highland dance here? I know this is horse talk and has nothing to do with horse! Its so fun! I think every one should highland dance at some point in there life! I know lots of dances and I compete. Maybe I can get some pictures on here of me dancing. Here are the dances I know. Sword dance , Highland Fling , Lilt , Flora , Irish Jig , Im going to be learning the Stras ban reel  soon. Dont know how to spell it! Danceing is so funn!!! I love it.  ::color

--------------------
Vicky MacArthur
I Am a Scottish Dancer and I am proud of my heritage

Horses and dogs are not my whole life....But they make my life whole!
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 06-Nov-2002, 10:19 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I love to dance too, Highland Lassie. I don"t do Highland Dancing, but I can do a jig. I just kind go with the beat of the music and let body and feet take over! :D I'm usually the first on the dance floor at a wedding or a party where there is music. It is fun and it's good exercise, and I need to get all the exercise I can, cause after you get as old as I am, you tend to get that middle-age spread, if your not careful. Keep dancing!

maggiemahone1
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
TinkersCranberryChild 
  Posted: 07-Nov-2002, 06:13 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

Realm: anywhere and everywhere horses are

female

well, you know i don't dance, but I like to play with you and your brothers' swords! i wish we could have had a duel! that would have been sooooooo much fun!!!!!!  I think you look really awesome in your outfit!! also, i think you're a really good dancer!! :p  ;)

--------------------
I love Tinker. He's mine, allll mine! At least, I wish. You are the one who rocks my world! I LOVE YOU TINKER!!
and a Special note to Cran. I love you hun, and you are are awesome! Babe, I miss you, but I will love you forever!!!

It's better to have love and lost then to never have loved at all.

"Life is pain Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something!"-Westley, the princess Bride
PMEmail Poster               
Falachaidh 
Posted: 08-Nov-2002, 08:47 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Central Florida

Lassie, why I didn't know!!
I'm an avid competitor and have been dancing for just over 4 years. Where do you compete at??? It would be great to hook up during next year's summer season!
neigh  <---- some horse talk in the horse channel.

btw, did you ever see my site that was here before they had to redo them? It was all about highland dance and had lots of pics up.
btw, where are your pics? would love to take a peek!

--------------------
Dance Life to the Fullest.
PMEmail Poster               
Highland Lassie 
Posted: 13-Nov-2002, 10:25 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Falachaid I love to dance to! Its awesome. I compete all overe the place. Have you ever been to the Brahmar school of highland dance? Its a summer camp I go to every summer and I cant wait to go again this year!!!!! Guess what I got my first , first place , in the lilt few months ago. Sad thing is that competition was the last time I saw my friends dad , He died of MS. My friend is sad she dances too.
PMEmail Poster               
TinkersCranberryChild 
  Posted: 14-Nov-2002, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

female

I feel bad for your friend.  I know! I don't dance but I love to talk and listen to my friends who do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abby
PMEmail Poster               
Falachaidh 
Posted: 16-Nov-2002, 09:54 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

Quote (Highland Lassie @ Nov. 14 2002,12:25)
Falachaid I love to dance to! Its awesome. I compete all overe the place. Have you ever been to the Brahmar school of highland dance? Its a summer camp I go to every summer and I cant wait to go again this year!!!!! Guess what I got my first , first place , in the lilt few months ago.

I haven't been to any summer camps :(
For me, they're just too expensive. I'd rather use the money to travel and compete with :)
Congrats on your first win!!! I know how exciting it is! My first first was in the Flora four years ago! I'm still excited about that :)
I'm teaching in April.. I can't wait! I've been studying for my teachers test for the past few months. It will probably not be until next year before I take my test. BATD only comes here twice a year I think; otherwise I have to travel to Canada.
hmm... that's not a bad idea ;)
Keep dancing and good luck!!
btw, where do you dance out of?
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 16-Nov-2002, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Highland Lassie, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's Dad dying. I know that MS is such a terrible disease. She will probably need you know, more than ever. I know that losing your Dad is very hard to cope with. For me, it took lots and lots of time to deal with all the different feelings I had. But time does help! I'm still sad, but I know that he is not suffering anymore.

Take Care!
maggiemahone1
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
Highland Lassie 
Posted: 17-Nov-2002, 11:12 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Falachaid , You are going to teach? Are you a judge at competitions? I love to dance. i think its fun. But i adore horses. I want be a horse vet. I want to work my life when I grow up around horses and dance. But you know how it is when a horse is needing some caring , from me I will go in at any hour of the night. I have a dream to be a horse vet caring for horses. I hope to have a horse too. All of my friends are getting horses. A girl i know she got a horse when she was 8 or 9 yrs old. The her mom went off saying she wanted a horse for so long. But that person never payed board or visited poor dusty. He got thrush he was thin. And she didn't want any one riding him even though she wasn't working him. One of my friends named laurie is the luckiest person!!! She just moved her horse morgan to a awesome barn with a indoor ring outdoor ring lots of paddacks. and one with grass. I would love to have a horse there. That would be the life I want to live. And abby would too. she is Tinkerscranberrychild. Shes getting a horse next year. But my parents told me I have to wait until after college to get a horse even thoug I KNOW I cant wait that long! Well i gotta go too bed nite nite! :rolleyes
PMEmail Poster               
TinkersCranberryChild 
  Posted: 18-Nov-2002, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

female

actually, Laurie said that she wished she hadn't moved because she missed all of us!!!! I might hang out with her this weekend.
Abby
I don't dance, but I wish I could do ballet!
ONLY 6.5 SCHOOL DAYS UNTIL I AM FREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
:D
PMEmail Poster               
Falachaidh 
Posted: 30-Nov-2002, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

No, I am far from being a judge! I just teach for the fun of it. I still need to take my exam. But having a baby definately pushes things back a little bit for me.
My mom is the one so much into horses. She got her first when I was 9. I started taking lessons when I was 10 in english. I quit, eventhough I was very much encouraged to continue by my teachers. You know how it is when mom wants something so bad, and you really don't want to head in that direction? That's how it was for me growing up. But the horses have been in my life until a couple of months ago.
I do miss them alot, and realize they had such a personality.
I don't think I'd ever own a horse. Maybe take adult lessons or something. For so long my life centered around them. I'm enjoying the freedom :)
I definately know how tied down you can be because they need so much care. And they are very expensive. After the horses, we never went on vacation. (mom was super picky, so no help was good enough for her) We cut down alot on going out to eat.. and just the basic things a lot of people take for granted.

I can't wait for my lessons to start. I'm running them through the local college, so they're only going to be 5 weeks :(  enough to learn a basic fling with basic technique..maybe ;)
I have 2 classes :) My first official classes! I have taught other people before. Private lessons because they were bored or wanted to lose weight. I had one student go and compete and won some medals at her first competition. I was so proud!
Can't wait to teach my kid too! LOL.

so how old are you HighlandLassie? highschool? where do you dance?

Tinkie - anyone can do ballet. :)
PMEmail Poster               
Highland Lassie 
Posted: 30-Nov-2002, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Falachad I am 14 years old. And my dance teacer name is Maggie. I cant remember the name of the dance school i go to sorry. But I do know I love to dance! My favorite dance is the irish jig its so cool!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt