Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (iolanda @ 27-Jun-2008, 12:30 PM)
smile.gif Hallo there,
Unfortunately I' ve not a garden but little 2 balconies at this time. I've many plants and flowers but I'm really proud about a climbing rose that I've gaven as a gift myself for my birthday. It's high pink colour and yellow and In few time is so grown up until the floor over me and now has 24 rosebud and does continue put others !!! clap.gif I'm always looking at like a baby...Maybe am i crazy? laugh.gif
bye1.gif Slainte
note.gif Iolanda

I am having trouble with roses. I like the "tea" roses like they sell at florist shops but they are hard to grow. My day lillies have just started blooming.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
iolanda 
Posted: 01-Jul-2008, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Princess
Group Icon

Group: Order of the Knights
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Rieti ( Lazio )

female

smile.gif Dear Patch,
Tea-roses are my favourites,too..In this part of Italy,almost everybody has many wonderful roses' shrubs in the garden, some of them are tea-roses. Many shrubs of lillies,too.I suppose the climate is particularly good for every plants' species. I've a beatiful plant of lillies, but it is never bloomed.. I'sorry about, because I love their particular flowers ,color and scent..I've obtained this plant from some scions I've pot planted 2 years ago..It has never bloomed!! I read that lillies like wisteria and passion flower don't bloom before 3years of life. Do you know something apropos of this? Thanks a lot cheers.gif
bye1.gif Slàinte
note.gif Iolanda

--------------------
]Happy who, hovers over the life..feels the language and the fragrance of the simple things and the flowers.. (C. Baudelaire)

If you lose, don't lose the lesson ... (XIV Dalai Lama)
PMEmail Poster               View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 01-Jul-2008, 04:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I know little about flowers. I just started this hobby since I retired. I have about 80 feet of fence line planted with day lilies." They are all recently developed hybrids and very pretty but have no aroma at all. The Wisteria grows here and my neighbor has a bush. It smells great but it is a large bush and has been there since I moved here. I would think a computer search of Wisteria would tell you what you want to know.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
Haggishead 
Posted: 02-Jul-2008, 12:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Roaming the Highlands of my mind

male

Our roses are going nutz! We have over a dozen plants and we are having to trim them back about every two weeks.

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.
PMEmail Poster               
iolanda 
Posted: 02-Jul-2008, 12:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Princess
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

female

QUOTE (Patch @ 01-Jul-2008, 04:57 PM)
I know little about flowers. I just started this hobby since I retired. I have about 80 feet of fence line planted with day lilies." They are all recently developed hybrids and very pretty but have no aroma at all. The Wisteria grows here and my neighbor has a bush. It smells great but it is a large bush and has been there since I moved here. I would think a computer search of Wisteria would tell you what you want to know.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

smile.gif Thanks a lot Patch,
I''ll do like that thumbs_up.gif

bye1.gif Slàinte
note.gif Iolanda
PMEmail Poster               View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 02-Jul-2008, 12:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Haggishead @ 02-Jul-2008, 06:15 AM)
Our roses are going nutz! We have over a dozen plants and we are having to trim them back about every two weeks.

I am getting some blooms but know little about trimming

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
iolanda 
  Posted: 02-Jul-2008, 12:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Princess
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

female

QUOTE (Haggishead @ 02-Jul-2008, 12:15 PM)

Wonderful Haggishead !!!
I could image how can be beautiful your garden!!! biggrin.gif
Which colours are your roses?
bye1.gif Slàinte
note.gif Iolanda
Patch 
Posted: 02-Jul-2008, 02:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Haggishead @ 02-Jul-2008, 06:15 AM)

I have 10. One is a bush rose and three are climbers. The rest are tea roses. I lost a climber and a tea rose. The tea rose I lost was a deep red "Abraham Lincoln." This fall I will order replacements.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 05-Jul-2008, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

QUOTE (Patch @ 01-Jul-2008, 05:57 PM)

Slàinte,    

Patch    

Hello there,

This is my first visit to the gardening forum! We moved from the suburbs of Atlanta to the 'country' two years ago and have enjoyed the challenges of taking care of 5 acres and an open yard. The yard was plain when we moved here, with only 4 azalea bushes growing in front of the porch. To me the yard was a blank canvas just waiting to be filled with color! We have planted two or three of many plants including forsythia 'yellow bells', butterfly bushes, pyracantha bushes, 15 small red azalea bushes at the edge of the woods, dozens of iris and day lilies my husband's uncle cultivated, 7 hydrangeas, and recently some spiderwort and canna lillies. We've also planted many trees, river birch and pink dogwood, sugar maples and a red maple. All are struggling right now with the lack of sufficient rain.

Unfortunately last spring & summer, Georgia suffered a severe drought. We lost a few of the plants we'd set out, but planted a few more this spring. I am thankful we have a well for our water source. I've learned a few plants can take the lack of rain and still flourish so you can be assured next year I'll be growing black-eyed susans and zinnias! They are doing great.

I've tried twice to root cuttings from wisteria plants but had no luck. Its probably a blessing though because in Georgia, wisterias grow like mad! They will actually grow up into a tall tree and each spring their lovely blossoms will hang gracefully and fill the air with their perfume. I had tried unsuccessfullyto grow one at the base of our front porch but now gentle Morning Glorys are trailing their way up the trellis! They will be easier to control than the wisteria would have been.

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 19-Jul-2008, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi. My garden is growing very well at the moment. The tomatoes leaves are curling up anyone know why this happens?

My lavender is blooming along with some Zinnias. I am having another major problem..these wasp looking bees that dig huge holes in the ground they look like they'd sting the heck out of you but they don't seem to attack. Anyhow they are right in the lavender and I am hesitant on getting the cuttings which I need to get before the buds open. Guess I will get some kind of bug poision, Malathion did nothing. I hate using poisions anyhow.

My cherry trees has lots of cherries but they are smaller than last years. The plum tree is doing great making plums.
It's suppose to get in the 90's and I want to go out so bad, but it's too hot! Talk about torture.

SB & Patch I love morning glorys I have some now in purple and pink. I haven't tried Wisteria. I am not sure what they even look like.

Anyone save their rain water? I find my plants really thrive on it. Normally we don't get a lot of rain so it's a treat when we do.

I hope all of you are enjoying the growing season!

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 19-Jul-2008, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

My tomatos leaves are curling too. I thought it was water but that and a half inch of rain didnt help. I will have to look up tomato diseases. My neighbor has a Wisteria bush and it has cream colored small blossoms. It is unusually fragrant. They take some care and I have not been able to trim it for them.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 19-Jul-2008, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Patch, may be it's the water but it always happens to just a few and have planted them in different spots, it's strange they start really well then shirvel up. Wisteria sounds wonderful I will look them up. I am kind of stick it in the dirt and hope it grows person. lol...thanks for your help will keep an eye on that water!

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 19-Jul-2008, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Rindy @ 19-Jul-2008, 12:41 PM)
Patch, may be it's the water but it always happens to just a few and have planted them in different spots, it's strange they start really well then shirvel up. Wisteria sounds wonderful I will look them up. I am kind of stick it in the dirt and hope it grows person. lol...thanks for your help will keep an eye on that water!

Slainte

Try this link and see if you find what is happening to yours.

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/tomatop...lver/index.html

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 19-Jul-2008, 06:51 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Will do Patch thanks.... thumbs_up.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 30-Jul-2008, 05:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

I'm the kind of gardener who pokes the plant in the ground, shakes my fist at it, and snarls "grow or be uprooted, blast ye!'

biggrin.gif

Hey Rindy, we too have this strange wasp-bee critter flying around but ours looks like a fat bumblebee until you get close and notice the bottom half of his little body looks like a shrimp. Strange-o-rama! He doesn't come after us so we leave him alone. I got stung by a regular wasp on the tip of my thumb the other day and oh man, I said some bad words that time! It hurt for hours.

Wisteria will grow from a cutting I bet, its a ferocious climber tho so watch where you put it - it'll try to take over the world.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt