Patch 
Posted: 02-Oct-2009, 09:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I am limited here though I have the spot to build a small green house with excellent Southern exposure.

I covered the tomatos to eat another day.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 06-Nov-2009, 01:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

We are enjoying greens from the garden for dinner. I had to laugh at my 2 year old grandson trying to pull up a radish and ending up on his rear but radish in hand. I had to thin my aloe plants - they really flourished this year. We have a couple of tomatoes developing on the vine. No luck on pumpkins, but winter squash are doing well. I enjoyed a Meyer lemon last week and have only one left for the season. The Key limes are ready and dropping (will definitely have Key Lime pie with Thanksgiving). Our navel oranges and pink grapefruit should be ready soon (Ambrosia anyone?). I hope we get a cold snap to sweeten them. We set out over 100 onion plants. We definitely need rain. Maybe Hurricane/Tropical storm Ida will help us out.

Did you know that adding ash from campfires and charcoal fires enriches your soil? Sounds like a good reason to cook out, doesn't it?

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 06-Nov-2009, 05:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Mine FROZE!

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 17-Dec-2009, 01:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

At last count I had about 40 tomatoes on the vine. Radishes galore and enough greens for dinner. Most of my carrots were wipe out when my husband decided to move a fence. That was an interesting discussion. I never could get a pumpkin to develop on a vine. I guess we are too hot for the Great Pumpkin to visit us, Charlie Brown. laugh.gif

Now I am trying to talk myself into pulling weeds from the front yard. It just seems so anti-Christmas to do so.

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 04-Mar-2010, 09:29 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Today in the mail I got my corn seeds and seedless watermelon. The last frost date here is May 15th. I am getting excited to start the new garden of 2010! thumbs_up.gif It's been awhile since anyone has posted here. What's going on with everyone's gardens, new gardens, plans, catalogs?

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 04-Mar-2010, 10:12 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Northern Plains
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

All of my hops have sprouted. I have six varieties and should have lots to make beer with this year.
The bulbs are all out of the ground and there are leaf buds on the rose and the apple tree. It's a bit early for the apple, but it will do what it's going to do.

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MDF3530 
Posted: 05-Mar-2010, 01:09 AM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I didn't start any planter boxes last year because it was kind of late in the planting season when I moved into my condo. I'll have to do it this year after consulting with my condo board president to see what is allowed.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
gwenlee 
Posted: 05-Mar-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Here in Georgia it has been so cold with rain, sleet, or snow we can't even think about planting. This ground is very wet.
Camac
Posted: 05-Mar-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Ground is still frozen. Even the squirells are having trouble digging up nuts.

Camac.

flora 
Posted: 06-Mar-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Ahhh, the rituals of spring .... long hot baths to ease the strained muscles, bandaides to cover the blisters and antibiotic creams for the antbites. biggrin.gif Well, worth the pain.

I have raked and mowed the lawns. My husband has built a compost bin for me. Will move four rose bushes to a better location and get squash, eggplant, lettuce, parsley, basil, marigolds and pansies in the ground (my sage, thyme, and dill made it through the winter). I am still waiting on heirloom tomatoe plants to arrive. I had bought a fig tree before winter and I have thoughts about an avocado tree.

Have you noticed the price of tomatoes?????

Rindy, I was trying to think of the three sisters. Three vegetables that you grow together in a mound that benefit each other. Corn and squash are two but can't think of third yet. wallbash.gif

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 06-Mar-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Planting here is some time off yet but my raised garden will likely be planted with asparagus. I will buy all else from the Amish produce auction.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
McRoach 
Posted: 06-Mar-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #6
2,147,483,647 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

The tulips are starting to push up through mud here in the West, grass will need trimming soon and I need to clean out the greenhouse so the sprouts have a warm place to get started.

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.

Daylight Saving Time countdown banner
Rindy 
Posted: 06-Mar-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

It's great some of us are ahead of others! Gives me something to look forward to. thumbs_up.gif Hops are up, yes blessed. Camac those poor little squirrels. Soon it will be time for them. Flora I think the three sisters the last one is beans? I could be wrong. McRoach what color tulips do you have? gwenlee, sorry to hear you can't plant yet.

I sure hope my peppers grow this year. Each year is so different. As flora said the cost is unreal. Plus if yours are like the ones I've been getting the quality is terrible.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 18-Apr-2010, 06:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

We have enjoyed collards, onions, butter and romaine lettuce from the garden so far. The tomatoes, green peppers and yellow squash are producing little ones. It is so hard to be patient. I had to pay $4.00 for 4 tomatoes yesterday. sad.gif

Oh, I also have figs coming along on the tree. Yummmm. The orange blossoms are pretty much through but the lemon trees have yet to bloom. And the loquat or Japanese plum tree is very abundant in fruit much to the joy of the dogs and birds and occasionally humans. biggrin.gif

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
coastman 
Posted: 30-Apr-2010, 08:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Coastal Georgia

male

Flora, to answer your questions about the "red lilies" you saw in Charleston. My guess would be the Southern Spider lilly. It just springs up all of a sudden with a stem and no leaves. Here in the deep South this lilly makes its present known in late summer beginning in September. Many Southerns call this lilly the "Hurricane" lilly because it blooms in the hurricane season. My wife and I honeymooned in Charleston 42 years ago. You should come to Savannah in the spring and see the azaleas bloom. Yes, come in March for St. Patrick's Day.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt