Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Apendicies Book Club, If you've got the book, join in.
Bookmark and Share
oldraven 
Posted: 28-Apr-2005, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

It was mentioned in the LOTR thread that some people have trouble retaining information, and I know for most, including me, this read can be quite boring. I say we do the most with what we've got. Each other, in good company. biggrin.gif

My proposal is that all who have the books, or can get hold of them, should read through the apendicies in scheduled intervals along with the rest of the group. This way we all can come here and talk about what we've read, and what this means to us in relation to the story.

Obviously, this would be for those of us who have already read the trilogy, as to not spoil the story for others. It wouldn't have to be a nightly thing, unless we decide to go with that, but I think it's best to talk here 24hrs at the most from the time we read the section. That'll make sure we keep it fresh in our minds.

Not only would this be the most fun way to read the apendicies, but it'll also make us pay closer attention to what we read, so we can bring something interesting to the discussion when we meet up.

So, is anyone else interested? Or am I just being too much of a geek? tongue.gif

If we get a group together, I suppose the first question would be, do we start with 'Concerning Hobbits', or 'The Apendicies'? laugh.gif

Who knows. If this takes off, we may just go on to tackle the trilogy itself, and open the doors for some new first time readers. king.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
oldraven 
Posted: 29-Apr-2005, 12:43 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Whoa! That idea took a dive quick. laugh.gif
DesertRose 
Posted: 30-Apr-2005, 01:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

OR, I would be interested as I have all the books, but shamefully I have never read any of them..........yet!

And don't give up. Sometimes it takes a wee while for people to find their way into here! wink.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
oldraven 
Posted: 30-Apr-2005, 02:16 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Thanks Rose. smile.gif I'll just keep reading while I wait. wink.gif
susieq76 
Posted: 01-Feb-2006, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Boy isn't that the truth, CR!! Well, my books are packed away at my mom's house, but I would be willing to go dig 'em out and read away at the appendices, if you are still willing OR.... Don't know if anyone else would be, but hopefully popping the thread out here again may get someone else interested...

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt