Posted on 28-Oct-2002, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Dancing Horse
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Massachusetts

female

Well , Mombo has some of that in him to. He bolts which is a bad thing , but not neccesraily bad for me since he has never done it to me! He would bolt and take off until the person fell off him. ::confused  So some of the instructors have stopped putting small children on him. also , he does a little buck here and there just small things like that.  :)D

--------------------
Vicky MacArthur
I Am a Scottish Dancer and I am proud of my heritage

Horses and dogs are not my whole life....But they make my life whole!
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
  Posted on 29-Oct-2002, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

::viking Bolts does he? Did he see a cow? Quarters are breed for the short bolting ability, so they can round up cattle. They are as nateral workers around cattle, as a collie is around sheep. They have a herding ability, that will cause them want to round up anything they see as out of place.
PMEmail Poster               
Highland Lassie 
Posted on 29-Oct-2002, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

There is no cows att he barn i go to. He just bolts because he wants the rider off his back. He has his evil moments. ::devil
PMEmail Poster               
TinkersCranberryChild 
Posted on 30-Oct-2002, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

Realm: anywhere and everywhere horses are

female

Evilllll horsie!!!!!
mesah wanna ride him!  I know you'll do fine though.  If he takes off, turn him in little circles and whatever you do, DON'T LOOK DOWN!!!!
trust me, it works.  tiny tiny circle, think that
Abby

--------------------
I love Tinker. He's mine, allll mine! At least, I wish. You are the one who rocks my world! I LOVE YOU TINKER!!
and a Special note to Cran. I love you hun, and you are are awesome! Babe, I miss you, but I will love you forever!!!

It's better to have love and lost then to never have loved at all.

"Life is pain Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something!"-Westley, the princess Bride
PMEmail Poster               
Highland Lassie 
Posted on 30-Oct-2002, 10:56 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

MOMBO TRYED TO BUCK 2 DAY!!! I was surprised. I stopped him from doing it though.  :D Still coming to my party on satutrday? Its on saturday 12:00-4:00  calle me if u need to. for directions. see you on friday abby if you come! :rolleyes
PMEmail Poster               
TinkersCranberryChild 
  Posted on 31-Oct-2002, 03:49 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

female

WHAT????!!!!! HE TRIED TO BUCK??!!!! WHY?!! WHO?! WHEN?! remember, if the evil horsie tries it again, don't just use your arms to pull up his head, also use those tummy muscles that i know you have somewhere in your body! :D  :D hopefully they are in your tummy!  yeah i am still coming on sat.  I hope.  there are someproblems with the car, so many people need it!!! arrrggggggg!!!!!!! but i'll try, so i'll be online for a little while! you can IM me.  I have noooo idea if i'm coming on Fri.  if i do, i'll straighten Mombo out, kk?
Abby
PMEmail Poster               
Highland Lassie 
Posted on 31-Oct-2002, 11:35 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

When I was riding him he wanted to but then he didn't. This happened every time i tryed 2 get him to canter. Do you think maybe hes sore? Hmmm. I hope you do come to the barn tommorow. I went to a party tonite and it was fun. I dont know if you have ever heard of this movie abby , its called  ::alien2 Faculty. ::alien  It was scary. Its when the teachers turn into aliens and then all of the students turn into aliens. ::alien  Then , only like 10 students dont turn into aliens. After that only 2 students were left of not being a alien. Finnally the queen alien died and every thing went back to normal again. I didn't like it that much. The other movie we watched was even scarier , im not going to tell you. Hehe!   ::rolling   Just wanted to say HaPpY HaLlOwEeN!! ::jester
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
  Posted on 01-Nov-2002, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

::viking Yup! Those quarter horses sure get some strange ideas.  Red will do that, if Kelly hasn't ridden him in a long time. Her 11 year old son has started to ride Red, he seems to be doing ok.  Red is one spoiled horse, who is still concired a one person horse. I won't try to ride him.
PMEmail Poster               
Falachaidh 
  Posted on 06-Nov-2002, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Central Florida

How can quarter horse win the poll??!?!?!!???

They're stocky, short, stubborn, and only good for broodmares and barrel racing  *ducks and runs for cover*!!

:D

I demand another poll.. but with better horses in it...

Frasians and Andalusians!
I mean, how can you forget about romance cover book horsies?? And the spaniards?? with their impressive dressage teams??

ok. done griping  :p

--------------------
Dance Life to the Fullest.
PMEmail Poster               
Falachaidh 
Posted on 06-Nov-2002, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

Ok. Our Appie saved my life once. "T". I was in our open field with our two babies (Aztecas) when they decided to share their love with me.. a dead run dead at me. They weren't slowing down or attempting to stop. (babies.. remember). "T" looked up from eating his favorite veggie (grass), and walked right in front of me ..just in time too. The babies almost creamed into him. One actually fell as he was trying to avoid  'the Boss'.
"T" also thinks he's a human. He's very wise and you can actually hold a conversation with him. I owe my life to him.
PMEmail Poster               
Falachaidh 
Posted on 06-Nov-2002, 12:08 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

And while I'm on the subject...........
You forgot Paso Finos. They are all over down here in central Florida. Every neighbor we have owns Pasos. They are a neat breed too. Though, I'm not much for their looks.. I like lots of mane and tail.. I'm the same with dogs!
Here's a bit of horse sense for you all..
Did you know horses emit the same 5 brain waves humans do?
That means they are capable of learning just like small children are! Want to learn more?
http://www.lindatellingtonjones.com/
:)
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
Posted on 07-Nov-2002, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

::viking Good to see you again, Falachaidh. I also didn't vote for the Quarters.  You forgot the Canadian, the Iceland, Spotted Show Horse.
PMEmail Poster               
TinkersCranberryChild 
  Posted on 07-Nov-2002, 06:34 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

female

Quote (Falachaidh @ Nov. 06 2002,11:57)
How can quarter horse win the poll??!?!?!!???

They're stocky, short, stubborn, and only good for broodmares and barrel racing *ducks and runs for cover*!!

I demand another poll.. but with better horses in it...

Frasians and Andalusians!
I mean, how can you forget about romance cover book horsies?? And the spaniards?? with their impressive dressage teams??

ok. done griping :p

would you really like to know how the quarter horses can win the poll?  Because they are the most perfect horses of all.  They are loyal, beautiful, willing to work, playful, and did i mention never willing to give up?!  My Tinker, my beautiful Tinker.  He was a Quarter horse, awesome jumper, and the only ONLY survivor of a deseise that has struck 3 horses in all, including him.  Fancy ditzy horses, both of them probably were, and they didn't survive it.  MY TINKER, a "stocky, short, stubborn, and only good for broodmares and barrel racing" horse.  He and I won our jumping class with 28 jumps in 2 minutes.  and these were not small jumps too.  He did this while he was weak and sick, because he was loving and loyal to Me.  Quarter horses aren't ugly, oh sure as #### no!  They arfe majestic and I willnever see my Baby ever again, but I know that I will love him forever and that he will go down in horse history.  and this is a "stocky, short, stubborn, and only good for broodmares and barrel racing"  horse.  the most beautiful horse that ever existed.  he was also 16.5 hands, chestnut, and fast as ####.  he had a natural talent for jumping and even looking at his floppy forelock would captivate anyones heart.  His willing ness to work, spins and technique will be remembered forever.  He adored me, and I adored him.  If it can be so, I loved him more than Cran.  And HighlandLassie knows how much I cried about Cran leaving.  If you don't belive me about this, ask HighlandLassie.  She'll tell you everything.  Now if you'll excuse me, I have a ton of crying to do over my Tinky
Abby
PMEmail Poster               
Falachaidh 
Posted on 08-Nov-2002, 08:39 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

I'm so sorry for your Tinky!!!
Really, I've had virtually the same experiences that you have had but with Appies :) My mom was never much into 'typically short' breeds, so we never owned quarters.. easy for me to pick on ;) But just know it's only in light jest. No matter which breed, your horse is the horse of your heart ;) I think they're all beautiful and majestic.
oh yeah, I almost forgot about Morgans! We had one as a broodmare and she also pulled our vis-a-vis.
man, and I STILL can't find those pictures!!!

btw, it's glad to be back on a semi-regular basis. I missed you guys. and you know it's been a year since I've been here???
YAY!
PMEmail Poster               
Falachaidh 
Posted on 08-Nov-2002, 08:44 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

Quote (Kaia @ Oct. 26 2002,02:20)
Im very happy you think the lusitanos are beautiful, Aon. Have you ever seen one in front of you?

One of the most beautiful things in the world is a wild horse running free, dont you agree?

Our stallion is an andalusian from the lusitano breed. He is all white with very long locks. Nippy, typical push-over stallion, but so very very sweet. He's a level-4 dressage as well. Performs so well, so strong, yet so graceful. I love to watch him show. He lights up, ready to go and always wins. I just sit in awe every time! Too bad we don't have video capability on here. I'd upload a short clip of him carefree in one of our pastures.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt