Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 06-Nov-2005, 04:13 PM)
Hello all!!!

Another Sunday, another day doing laundry at my parents' house.

SB, glad to hear you and Rose had a great time together.

Maggie, I hope your mom heals well from the surgery. If you can, post a pic of your grandson in his White Sox gear.

Thanks Mike, I called my daughter and she just took pictures of Sean in his White Sox gear. Soon as she takes the rest of the picures and gets them developed I'll try to post a picture.

I hope everyone has a good week to come. It's back to work tomorrow for me.

maggiemahone1
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
Senara 
Posted: 07-Nov-2005, 09:19 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

QUOTE (Rindy @ 05-Nov-2005, 10:07 PM)

-- I love your screen name. It's really beautiful.

Thanks Rindy. It's one of the minor characters in a Marion Zimmer Bradley book called The Forest House. I came across the name Senara in the book and have been using it ever since. Besides there are way too many Jennifer's in the world and not enough Senara's...heheh

So ya, it's Monday again. Guess I should get to work....ooooh and today I get to learn the order entry process since both the individuals that normally take care of it aren't in the office today. (/sarcasm) Lucky me!

Wish I was still sleeping...but have to keep the bill collectors at bay somehow!

Hope you all have a good day!

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chir drn a thoirt an aghaidh pig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is cel.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 07-Nov-2005, 09:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

QUOTE (maggiemahone1 @ 04-Nov-2005, 05:22 PM)
Hubby and I went shopping for a new vehicle today and ended up buying a Dodge truck. We traded our Chevy Sonoma which had about 98,000 miles on it for a Dodge Ram. It wasn't shifting just right so hubby thought it was time to trade. You know any ol' excuse! biggrin.gif

Hey, lucky you to get some new wheels... believe it or not, my vehicle is a little 1992 red Sonoma truck! Bless its little pea-pickin' engine, its got 110,000 miles on it now but still gets me where I need to be. It ought to too, a couple of months ago my dad gave me close to $3,000 towards fixing it up & now its running much better, has a brand new air conditioner, new electrical stuff, and other things I don't remember (the shock of spending that much on an old truck blanked out my memory - blink.gif

We wanted to spend $$ to fix it up instead of getting in debt with a new car payment and the higher insurance. Hope it ends up being worth it!

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
Dreamer1 
Posted: 07-Nov-2005, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

MaggieM- I'm a bit jealous, too. New wheels are so exciting! Enjoy yours, and congrats!

SB- Don't feel badly about your baby, just because it's seen a few Winters. Ours is a (slightly) younger '97 Villager, with about 130,000 miles on it and still getting us loyally where we all need to go. I'm very thankful for it's heart and dependability!

Gotta run and start dinner fixin' ! Take care all!
Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach, he whispered, your face is my heart. -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
gettin-away 
Posted: 07-Nov-2005, 08:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Flushing Michigan USA

male

Time for a daughter update....She's still in Alaska and holding her own. Found a wedcam thats is just a couple blocks from her house.
http://www.kusko.net/
Note the wind speed and the temp. Right know it's 4:30PM in Bethel and the windchill is around -34*F.
I would feel better if she were closer to home.

gettin-away

--------------------
Paradox...Dirty socks...Glacier Rocks...Goldilocks

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 07-Nov-2005, 10:06 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone! Hope your day went well..

Senara, thank you for the information on that beautiful name.. Is the book The Forest House about? Sounds interesting. Hope all went well for you at work.

SB, How are you doing? Where is CR? LOL laugh.gif I am glad to hear your vehicle is running better.. I can't believe the cost of repairs- I honestly don't know how people afford it all. Hope you have a good night..

gettin-away- I just looked at the webcam. Oh brrrrr..At least you have the computer and can see the weather.. she is in my thoughts and prayers. How is everything else going?

I am off to get my hot chocolate...Have a good night..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Senara 
Posted: 08-Nov-2005, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

QUOTE (Rindy @ 07-Nov-2005, 09:06 PM)
Senara, thank you for the information on that beautiful name.. Is the book The Forest House about? Sounds interesting. Hope all went well for you at work.
I am off to get my hot chocolate...Have a good night..

ooooh hot chocolate....got enough for another mug????

The Forest House is a prequel to Aurthurian novel The Mists of Avalon. Both novels revolve around the goddess religion and Druidic priestesses in early Roman ruled Britain. The Forest House itself is the home of Druidic priestesses who keep the ancient rites of learning, healing, and magic lore. The story also goes into how Roman law also impacted the dwindling role of women in Britain. This book also describes a bit more of the early days of Avalon and the Lady of the Lake prior to Arthur and Camelot.

If you've read Mists of Avalon I'd recommend this one...not quite as long but just as good of a story.

Ugh...as for work....well, Is it Friday yet??????
no??? drat...best find the top of my desk then.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 08-Nov-2005, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

HI, all! Getting to hot chocolate and hot cider time here finally. gettin-away, good luck to your daughter! I always admired Alaska, but I never would have the fortitude or stamina to live and work there. She's an angel, a bona fide snow angel for her kids.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 08-Nov-2005, 11:58 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Senara- of course I have enough for two!! Cheers "holding up cup" When I get a chance I am going to check into those books.. They sound really good.. Thank you for telling me the information on them. Hope your day goes really well.

Hi Stoirmeil!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 08-Nov-2005, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

QUOTE (Rindy @ 07-Nov-2005, 10:06 PM)
SB, How are you doing?  Where is CR? LOL laugh.gif

I must have really worn her out during my visit!! laugh.gif laugh.gif She's still recuperating!
Nah, really, you wouldn't believe how involved she is in these neat things like the re-enactors groups... I saw the pattern for the dress someone is making for her, and the coolest shoes arrived while I was there - they're authentic in design, called gillies I believe (I bet I didn't spell that right!) She's one busy gal, and has so many interesting things going on. She has the neatest studio in her home!! Lots of Scottish things amongst the art too; some good U2 photos, I got a kick out of seeing that. We had a little 'U2 moment' at the Desert Museum when I saw my first Joshua Tree - it was all I could do not to burst into song, but I thought noooo better not scare the other visitors... cool.gif

I'm catching up on everything here at home; we're trying to pack a little bit, books & out-of-season clothes, things like that, just in case we sell quick and have to move soon (I wish!). Still no offers on our house, but at least we're getting some lookers.

Gettin-away, I honestly don't know how you stand your daughter being so far away... gee whiz, you've gotta miss her so much... and Alaska, the last of the true wilderness! But my auntie lived in Alaska many years ago, Anchorage I believe, and always talked with such affection about the place. I hope your daughter will enjoy it as much as my aunt did.

This post has been edited by Siobhan Blues on 08-Nov-2005, 04:59 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
celticfire 
Posted: 08-Nov-2005, 06:47 PM
Quote Post

Idle Dreamer
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Oh, Alaska wink.gif gorgeous place...a bit chilly, but pretty nonetheless thumbs_up.gif for her for settling a home up there!!

--------------------
My heart's in the highlands
My heart is not here
My heart's in the highlands
A-chasing the deer
--Robert Burns

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is cel.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

Gluais faicilleach le cupan ln.
Go carefully with a full cup.
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 09-Nov-2005, 02:22 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 08-Nov-2005, 09:45 AM)
HI, all! Getting to hot chocolate and hot cider time here finally. gettin-away, good luck to your daughter! I always admired Alaska, but I never would have the fortitude or stamina to live and work there. She's an angel, a bona fide snow angel for her kids.

Hey all!!!

It's getting that time here in Chicago too. Time to break out the sweatshirts and hot chocolate tongue.gif .

If any of you out there make it from the mixes (Swiss Miss, Carnation, etc.), do you follow the directions and use water yucky.gif , or do you do it the right way and use milk tongue.gif ? That reminds me-I gotta go to the grocery store and buy some marshmallows biggrin.gif .

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
ghost 
Posted: 10-Nov-2005, 03:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Just wanted to say HI! Thinking of you all, I'll be able to catch up in a couple of weeks and I'll have news too. smile.gif Take care!
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 10-Nov-2005, 03:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

I have good news. We have a contract on the house. We got the asking price for it too. It is an answer to pray.

Tonight is dance class so I have to hurry up. Not because of dancing. I have to make a Japanese dish for my youngest. She is a member of the foreign language club and they are having an international food night.

I went horse back riding today it has been a beautiful day. It only got into the 60'. So that made riding very nice. After that I went and had my hair done. My hunny is going to be surprised. It is really red . I kind of surprised with it.

I've started getting the house ready for the holidays You know we are 2 weeks from Thanksgiving. And then Christmas.

Well I have to go and cook

TTFN
gwenlee
Rindy 
Posted: 10-Nov-2005, 04:33 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone...How is your day going?

SB- I think someone needs to wear CR out..LOL she isn't here to defend herself.."See there CR" you need to come here more often. wink.gif I bet those ghillies look really nice. Pictures when you both get a chance...LOL thumbs_up.gif Sorry to hear you haven't had any offers on your home. It will come when the time is right. Hang in there..

Hi celticfire! Hope your having a good day.

Mike-if I use mix I use that Stephens brand just bought Belgian Dark Sipping Chocolate-can't wait til tonight to try it. If I use package no matter what kind I use milk..not water heck no I have to add more calories.. sad.gif
Have a good day.

Eventide- its good to see you.. Can't wait to hear your news...

Gwenlee- Yes- Yippie Skippie congratulations is in order for you and people making an offer on your house.. Good luck let us know.
What Japanese dish did you make? Should put it in Shadows thread..
Sounds like a beautiful day for a ride-
Thanksgiving is just around the corner. What is everyone having?
Good luck with your dance class.

Its good to see everyone have a great night..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt