Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

I lost my wedding ring on Saturday. sad.gif

Looks like I'm going to be a repeat KelticNations consumer.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Rindy 
Posted: 20-Oct-2005, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (oldraven @ 20-Oct-2005, 09:53 AM)

Oh no! Where were you at? How awful....Metal detector time...let us know if you find it..

Slainte sad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
N0LIKA 
Posted: 20-Oct-2005, 01:39 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacOak

female

oldRaven, sorry to hear about your wedding ring. I sure hope if someone else finds it they are kind enough to try to find who owns it.
Good afternoon.
Cold day here a far cry from yesterday. That's because the weather always turns bad on my day off.
A nice hot cup of tea sounds good right nowuser posted image
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 20-Oct-2005, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Thanks for the sympathy girls. The thing is, I lost it while working at home. The last time I remember having them (wedding band and a spining knotwork one on the opposite hand. Both from Ange, though) was when I took them off so I wouldn't scratch or bend them. I was putting up scafolding to paint the house. Anyway, there is still a chance we could find them, but it's not looking good.
Rindy 
Posted: 20-Oct-2005, 02:56 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

OR, I do hope you find it.. let us know.. I think that is the thing I hate the worst in life when I can't find something.. I drives me nuts until I do find it..

How is everyones weather today tonight what ever it may be? Here it is cloudy and 60..not to bad wish that sun would come out though.

Have a good day smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 20-Oct-2005, 06:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

Waaay too warm for me in Georgia right now - this feels like summertime and I'm ready for a chill!! It had to be 85* today. Boo hiss.

Hope you find that ring, Raven! I lost mine once and am embarrassed to say where it was: in the trash can. I'd accidentally knocked it off the desk into the little can and when I emptied it into the kitchen bin there went the ring. Had to go a-diggin' to find the sparkly but it was well worth it.
poster_oops.gif

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 22-Oct-2005, 02:50 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hey all!

I'm over here at my folks' house, doing laundry. Tonight after I get home from 5 PM Mass, I'll be comfortably parked in my chair at the apartment, eating chili dogs and watching my beloved White Sox play in Game 1 of the WORLD SERIES!!! clap.gif jawdrop.gif punk.gif toot.gif

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 22-Oct-2005, 02:57 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

BTW, my friend Nathan will be going to the game. He and a coworker bought tickets from a broker (aka scalper). I don't wanna know how much they paid :0 ...

Yes, I am jealous of him going to the game. However, I'm not jealous of the fact that he'll be freezing his keester off. biggrin.gif Game time temperature will be approximately 45º and dropping.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 22-Oct-2005, 05:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Hello all! Glad to see everyone chatting away as I don't hardly get in here that much anymore. But hoping that will change. Got a lot going on right now. Getting ready for SB's visit and then our trip together too after she arrives. I have been trying to make my house perfect for her when SB arrives. My carpets were all nice and clean and then I wake up this morning to a dog barfing all over my carpets! ohmy.gif Nikki NEVER gets sick but can always sense when something is about to change....like us going on a trip. I swear that dog understands English! Finally, I got sense enough to put him in a crate till he stopped vomiting. He seems fine now, but my carpets! sad.gif

Rindy! Hope you had a good trip. Chilly up there already, I see. Poor SB is hoping for cooler weather and we're still in the high 90s, but when we get up north, her wish should be granted as I hear it is pretty chilly up there. Hope you are doing well.

gwenlee, I heard all about how cute as a button you are! I wish SB would have taken pics, but she didn't bring her camera....dagnabbit! sad.gif Oh well, hopefully you can show us pics. Yep, SB is pretty special! She has a been a faithful and true friend to me for many years. We used to live not to far from each other. I'll take lots of pics of us when she is here and us stay out of trouble? Hee hee! wink.gif I will be in GA in May, so hopefully you, me and SB can get together for lunch or something! How is work and all going? Have you been reading anything lately?

eventide! You poor thing. I feel so badly for your tooth..ouch! I hope you get that fixed soon and it doesn't cost you overly too much! Wish you the best with school too.

Hello to Stormeil, JP, Maggie and Mike! Hope your doing well too.

gettin-away! Sounds like Maggie is doing terrific up there in Alaska. I am like Stormeil in the fact that I always thought I would love to go up there.....to visit.......I am certainly not hearty enough to live there.

OR! Where have you been? Good to hear from you, even though you lost your wedding ring! Oh my! sad.gif I hope you find it..soon!

SB! See ya soon! Only a couple days now! thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 22-Oct-2005, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 22-Oct-2005, 05:17 PM)
Got a lot going on right now. Getting ready for SB's visit and then our trip together too after she arrives. I have been trying to make my house perfect for her when SB arrives. My carpets were all nice and clean and then I wake up this morning to a dog barfing all over my carpets! ohmy.gif Nikki NEVER gets sick but can always sense when something is about to change....like us going on a trip.

Hey, Nikki is mad that I'm not going to be hanging around the house all day playing with him! laugh.gif laugh.gif That's why he's hurling all over the carpet!

Gotta run finish packing, y'all, and I won't be posting for awhile since I'll be doing touristy things like visiting the Grand Canyon and hollering "How-DEEEEEE" into the vast abyss like a resurrected Minnie Pearl. wink.gif

I'll miss posting here, and will be back when I can!

SB
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
Dreamer1 
Posted: 22-Oct-2005, 09:36 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Hello all,

It's been so long since I last posted here, but I've been doing my best to keep up with everything when I could.

SB and CR -- I hope you two have an absolute BLAST together after all this time apart!! I know your time will go soooo fast , but try to take lots of pictures and enjoy every moment of it!!

OldRaven, I'm so sorry about your rings! sad.gif Have you found them yet? Keep looking, and don't give up hope. Sometimes these things will show up right out in the open, all of a sudden. Makes you wonder wink.gif

Monarch - Only a few more days to go and your hubby will be home with you!! I'm so glad for you all! hug.gif I know you must be on tenterhooks. I know he'll like the jacket you're giving him, too - what a great idea! Hope you're feeling MUCH better by then, and the worst has passed. You deserve to be free to celebrate his return without any pain to distract you. My prayers go to you for that, and for his safe return.

Eventide - best of luck with the search for the right dentist, and for an easy, smooth resolution to your tooth problems. So sorry you're going through this!

Rindy - I haven't wished you CONGRATULATIONS on your promotion yet!! I was thrilled to see that!! You are a blessing for us all, and I wish you nothing but the best. cheers.gif Our wood is all stacked, and there's a fire going right now to help ward off the rainy chill tonight. We're trying to keep the thermostat lower this year, to conserve the oil as much as possible. I really am fond of sitting by the fire!

Has anyone heard from BGL lately?? I hope she's doing well, too, but I do miss her.

Mike - good luck to your White Sox!! We were there last year, and were all soooo excited!!! I know how you're feeling now w00t2.gif w00t2.gif

Nolika, Gwenlee, JP, -- Hope all is still well with you. Keeping busy, I'm sure!

Gettin-Away - your daughter is truly an incredible person! I can't express it any other way. She's also been blessed by your constant support, strength, unselfish encouragement and unending love. She is a reflection of you, as well as her own spirit, and now she is continuing to teach others what you've always taught her -- everything is possible for them!

Take care everyone,
Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Keltic 
Posted: 22-Oct-2005, 10:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

QUOTE (oldraven @ 20-Oct-2005, 11:53 AM)

Hey Or,

Although generally good for business, I don't like hearing this. I just had someone order their 4th wedding band. Anyways, you know where to find me if you need a replacement. We'll work something out for you. I've been working my butt off on some new designs. In the last couple of months, I've carved 11 new necklaces which will hopefully be ready to post within the next month.

Greg

--------------------
Rindy 
Posted: 23-Oct-2005, 09:28 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

OR, Any luck finding your ring? I really would love to hear a yes on this one..

Keltic, its good to see your busy.. You do have some beautiful rings...its good to see you.

SB- you have a safe & fun trip. Hope your weather will have cooled by the time you get back..

CR- you have a safe & fun trip. Still the 90's huh? That is pretty warm for me anyhow.. We are into the 30's in the evening and 60 to 70's in the day.. Its been so nice..

Dreamer, its good to see you here. It is kind of hard to keep up with wonderful place. Thanks on the congratulations. I am honored to do it..really.
Glad to hear your firewood is stacked and ready.. I hope it isn't a really cold winter with the heat bills to come. I too love a fire..
Hope you and your family are well.. hope to see you again soon.

Myself- I spent the day getting prepared for winter.. I think I am finally done. I do know we need a good wind to finish off all of the leaves. Kind of funny today I saw a man raking the street, and went a little further and there was a man mowing his sidewalk not just a little bit but the entire long sidewalk.. just looked funny...Hot chocolate time... thumbs_up.gif

Take care everyone

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 24-Oct-2005, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Good day to all!

OR - Lost your rings? You're a dead man!! No just kidding. Hope you find them...and soon! biggrin.gif

Rindy - I should see snow as soon as the end of November (Thanksgiving). The real snows come here in January and February.

CR and SB - Hope you have a good visit!

MDF - Good luck to the Sox! My sons girlfriends parents checked online for Series tickets from Ticketmaster - $900 each !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif
Needless to say they are passing...

Greetings to everyone else.

Here is something interesting that happened to me last week: I stumbled across a memorial tribute online, to an old coach/teacher of mine from my freshman year of middle school. He had passed away the week before. I contacted the person that did the memorial and found out he is married to the sister of an old girlfriend of mine! Small world!

TTFN and cheers
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt