gwenlee 
Posted: 02-Aug-2005, 10:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi everyone. I can't believe that I haven't been here since the 30th of July. Time sure does fly.

Gettin-away-You must be so proud of your daughter. I know it is hard to see her go, but from what I have read you have prepared her well. Just think now you will have a place to stay when you visit Alaska. My girlfriend from high school lived there for about 3 years. She liked it but she said the amount of snow was shocking.

SB I am so looking forward to meeting you at Stone Mountain this year. Let us know how your visit with CR goes.

My kids start school on Aug 15th. It is kinda sad but exciting because by son will be a senior.

Sonee- Good luck in school. I know what you are going through. When I went back to school I had 4 kids ranging in age from 5 months to 12 years. But thank God for my family they were so much help.

well I have to go, I can't believe that it is time for me to write a couple more articles for the clan newsletter.

TTFN

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 02-Aug-2005, 10:27 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hey everyone!

We went out for dinner tonight with my sister and her family. Then we went back to their house for my sister's birthday.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
Rindy 
Posted: 02-Aug-2005, 10:49 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

Hello all..

Looks like everyone is keeping so busy..

I think school starts here the 29th of August..

gettin away- safe trip for you daughter. Let us know when she gets there. Alaska- beautiful place I hear.

SB- oh you and CR will have so much fun..

Mike I am glad you had a good time tonight.. birthdays are always fun as long as they aren't mine..LOL

Sonee-sorry to hear times are tight- know the feeling..good luck in your schooling..

Well everyone sleep well..see you tomorrow...

Slainte smile.gif

PMEmail Poster               
gettin-away 
Posted: 03-Aug-2005, 07:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Flushing Michigan USA

male

cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif Well she's gone cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

I dropped my daughter off at Detroit Metro Airport for her 5:00pm flight. She called me from Chicago during her layover. We talked through most off it. Now she'll call me sometime around 3:30am from Anchorage. An 8 hour layover there and then the last flight to Bethel. I just checked the weather for Bethel and it says "SMOKE" sad.gif Wild fires on the tundra.

I feel so old right now rip_1.gif
gettin-away

--------------------
Paradox...Dirty socks...Glacier Rocks...Goldilocks

user posted image
stoirmeil 
Posted: 03-Aug-2005, 09:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (gettin-away @ 03-Aug-2005, 07:43 PM)
cry.gif  cry.gif  cry.gif Well she's gone cry.gif  cry.gif  cry.gif

I dropped my daughter off at Detroit Metro Airport for her 5:00pm flight. She called me from Chicago during her layover. We talked through most off it. Now she'll call me sometime around 3:30am from Anchorage. An 8 hour layover there and then the last flight to Bethel. I just checked the weather for Bethel and it says "SMOKE"  sad.gif  Wild fires on the tundra.

I feel so old right now rip_1.gif
gettin-away

Ohhhh. . . It must feel very echo-y in the house right now for you. I read your daughter's little bio from that paper, and there's so much there to be proud of -- and so hard to let go of. sadwalk.gif

But you must also have the seed of a really good feeling coming, because she is carrying with her everything you gave her and taught her, right to those kids who need her. I hope that feeling starts to take over as soon as may be.

Wow, that's going to take some getting used to, gettin-away -- a weather report that says "SMOKE". I hope there won't be too many of those!
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 03-Aug-2005, 11:33 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone! It was a beautiful day here. It is now 65 degrees and I am in shorts freezing.. My hands are purple..
I just have to say I saw a double rainbow today-sometimes I think I need to slow down and look....

gettin-away- hang in there! I will be thinking of you..

Stoirmile- I hope your having a nice night..

Well headed to bed pretty soon so you all have a wonderful night..sleep well.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 12:28 AM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

male

QUOTE (Rindy @ 03-Aug-2005, 11:33 PM)
Hi everyone! It was a beautiful day here. It is now 65 degrees and I am in shorts freezing.. My hands are purple

Send some of that my way!!!

It was 94 with a heat index of 100 today here in Chicago!

I'm mad because it's been too censored.gif hot to do much beer drinking beer_mug.gif sad.gif !
Shamalama 
Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 07:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

Agreed, Brother MDF3530. It's in the mid 90's here in Atlanta, with humidity around 95%. I need to take a shower after driving to work in the mornings.

And I thought Chicago was supposed to be cool and crisp?

Yeah, too hot for beer drinking. But not too hot for a few wee drams of a good single malt scotch!

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Sonee 
Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 10:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Nebraska

female

My daughter starts school on the 18th and I start on the 22nd. The 18th is a Thursday, I just don't understand the logic of starting on a Thursday. They go for two whole days then an immediate weekend! Ah well.....ours is not to question why!!!

SB-it is a BIG rip!! That $400 was just for the used books! I'd probably give myself a heart attack if I added up the cost for new ones!

Gwenlee- You are my hero!! I only have two kids, one 3 and one 7! I couldn't imagine trying to do this with more kids! You were lucky to have family that helped. My family isn't close enough to really be any help, so I'm basically on my own! But, with one kid in school already and the other not too far from it, I shouldn't have too much trouble!

Gettin-away-I hope your daughter enjoys her time in Alaska and that it isn't too hard on you! I'll also be thinking of you all!

We actually got rain early this morning!!! I took my 10 speed bike from my parents house a month or so ago and finally got new tubes so I could ride it! (I don't remember the seat being so small though!! LOL Guess I'm gonna have to invest in a (somewhat) bigger one!!!) I got up at 5am this morning to go riding about 10 miles and nearly got rained on! As it was I had to trade my tank top for something with sleeves as it was rather chilly!

Take care everyone! Enjoy your week!

--------------------
Sonee

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke

"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 03:41 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

male

QUOTE (Shamalama @ 04-Aug-2005, 07:41 AM)
And I thought Chicago was supposed to be cool and crisp?

Yeah, too hot for beer drinking. But not too hot for a few wee drams of a good single malt scotch!

Brother Shamalama, that's only during the spring & fall. Summer is too blasted hot.

When it's nice out at night, I sometimes like to take a beer outside and enjoy it on the patio.

I could use a beer today. Today, they decided to let more morons than usual out. For instance, I stopped at a Dunkin' Donuts to get a cup of coffee. This woman in front of me must've been ordering for her whole office. While the poor guy behind the counter (he was the only one there) was busy getting one order, she'd get on her cell phone and get another's order. At one point, I asked her if I could get in front of her just so I could get my coffee and go, and she IGNORED me. How rude is that?! After about 15 minutes, I left and went to another DD.

I have something I want to say to everyone.

If you're going to go to a fast food restaurant and place orders for large groups of people, take their orders before you leave, not while you're at the counter! And don't go through the drive thru either.
DesertRose 
Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Hey there all! Been awhile since I have been in here, shame on me! Trying to catch up. Until sports comes back, hubby will be monopolizing my weekends so there is no chance to catch up then like I used to.........but soon! biggrin.gif

I am really bummed today cause my year and a half old digital camera has to be sent off for repairs! It will take me about 6 weeks minimum to get it back! I am so mad! Good thing I still have my old dependable Canon 35 mm cameras. I have never had problems with them and I know this digital camera that is in need of repairs is because it is NOT a Canon! tongue.gif

Sonee! Good luck with school! I hope all works out well for you. Keep us posted.

Gettin-away! I so feel for you. I know you are feeling the pain of your daughter being so far away from you, but like she said in that article, if she had not tried, she may have regretted or always wondered. She has accomplished and overcome a lot in her life and now she is to accomplish more and help others do the same. Can't wait to see you pics from Alaska! wink.gif

Hey gwenlee and SB! You two will see each other before I see SB. Pretty cool! Take lots of pics of each other and all, ok? Hope you guys have fun!

Hey Rindy! Is it still cool there? We have been having a lot of thunderstorms and rain, so that has been good. Still in the triple digits here though.

Hey Shamalama! How the heck are you? Are you still slaying dragons in the political threads? laugh.gif

Wonder how JB is doing?

hello to everyone else. Take care and speak soon!

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 08:28 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Hello everyone!

I'm afraid this will have to be a quick note tonight, but I just had to share with you! laugh.gif Hubby and I have had a great day today. We drove up into the White Mountains again, and spent most of the day up there, just tootling around enjoying ourselves. We did some shopping, had lunch at our favorite restaurant (where they know us well enough to ask where our girls were!), and just plain drank in the scenery - so beautiful!! Wish we could spend more time up there, but for the time being we'll take each day we can get. Our youngest keeps telling us she's going to move up there when she grows up, and we have to come visit her there - I like her plan!

I've had more good news this week. Saw my eye surgeon on Tuesday, just for a check-up, and he's very happy with my progress. He doesn't need to see me now for 5 months!! Woohoo! ( I was seeing him every 6 weeks.) Things are really coming together!

Again, I'm sorry to be running off so quickly. Everyone, take care of yourselves.

Gettin-away, I know that you're very proud of your daughter, but also that you miss her so much. It's a big step for her, but it sounds like she's really sure this is what she's meant to do. I think she's truly wonderful, and that she's going to be just fine. She really will make a huge difference in the lives of her students. Hugs to you, Dad, and prayers for the both of you.

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Hey all!
It is hot here!!!! 95 degrees today. Supposed to be in mid 80s this weekend, but with high humidity.
Still debating on going to the Dublin (O.) Irish Festival. Bad Haggis, Seven Nations, Eileen Ivers will be there saturday. Flogging Molly is not playing till 6:30 sunday evening. Money is tight and the weather...yeesh! Too hot!!!!

Here in Ohio we are kind of reeling from the deaths of so many Ohio Marines in Iraq. Keep their families in your prayers.

Stay cool everyone!

Cheers.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone-

CR- shame on you where have you been? Just kidding... its good to see you as always..

gettin away I am thinking of you at this hard time..

Dreamer- sounds like you had a wonderful time in the White Mountains. I have never heard of them they sound pretty..

JP how could you even NOT think about going.. I so wish they would have good concerts around here where I live..

Hello to everyone else..Mike and Sonee-

It was a great day here weather wise it was in the 70's but I do hate to say fall is in the air..

Have a a good evening...
Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 11:00 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

male

I'll be going to the symphony next Wednesday. The Grant Park Symphony Orchestra, which now plays most of its concerts at the Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park (which is actually an extension of Grant Park, so that explains why they didn't change the name of the orchestra), will be playing on that day. My parents had an extra ticket, so they offered it to me. If it is gratis, grab it.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt