> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
Rindy 
Posted: 10-Sep-2008, 08:47 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

Sorry this is late but I wanted to say Happy Anniversary gwenlee. I hope it was very special.

I haven't had much time to write in this thread lately but sounds like your all doing well. Hope to get more time to catch up with all of you.

Slainte

PMEmail Poster               
leenie 
Posted: 11-Sep-2008, 03:03 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
37,492 Gold!

H i Rindy... we miss you in the Kingdom ...worked yesterday and today at my daughter's house and we have all of the wedding favors done. Yeah! They look good if I do say so myself...Gwenlee, your Stone Mountain games sound like fun, I'll be at our Fort Massac Encampment next month. Highland Reign will be playing there. We go every year and have a grand time. I should be recovered from the wedding by then....
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MDF3530 
Posted: 14-Sep-2008, 06:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hi everyone!

I haven't been around here in a few days. I had a bad cold.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
valpal59 
Posted: 15-Sep-2008, 08:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Hope you are feeling better MDF3530. Allergies are running wild here.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
leenie 
Posted: 15-Sep-2008, 09:19 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
37,492 Gold!

Hello everyone...Hope all of you are doing fine and had a great weekend...If any of you live or have family in Texas, my thoughts are with you...what a mess!
Had another doctors appointment today..turns out, I should have had my Gall Bladder removed months ago, but none of the doctors bothered to tell me..just each other...geesh! the timing couldn't be worse right now...still seeing other doctors with other tests for other things...so tired of this I could scream... letting off a little steam in here helps...
Hope you are over your cold MDF3530 and feeling better now...
CelticRoz 
Posted: 16-Sep-2008, 12:27 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Been awhile...sorry about that. A lot of times I read but don't reply, but know what's going on with you all....which is a lot!

those in TX and L.A.. my heart goes out to you all and hope you all are safe and sound.

All goes well here but just very busy.

Many congrats to gwenlee on 30 years of marriage! Hope you had a terrific celebration.

Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 17-Sep-2008, 03:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

Hello to everyone here. I am back. I haven't been on much in the past couple of months and I want you to know that y'all have been missed tremendously. Life has been busy - actually busy is definintely an understatement. Mostly the busyness was due to the relocation of my room at school to another room and due to the moving of contents from one house to another! So, for now I am going to peruse through here and see what kind of "trouble" I can get in. rolleyes.gif

Gwenlee - happy "belated" anniversary. My hubby and I celebrated our 24th last month. WE only dated 7 weeks when we got married. It looks like you beat us.

You can count on this Georgia girl being at the games next month. I try not to miss it if I can help it.

Jennie

--------------------
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.""
Psalm 91:1-2

"Be what you would seem to be--or, if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." from "Alice in Wonderland"
PMEmail Poster               
leenie 
Posted: 17-Sep-2008, 07:41 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
37,492 Gold!

Good Morning everyone.. hope your week is going along smoothly...moving can be very stressful..I'm glad to see that you have survived not one but two moves Gwynhwyvar ...do you have a good group of students this year?

My son proposed to his girlfriend this last Saturday with the help of the search and rescue team of which they are both members and happily she said YES! So looks like there will be another wedding coming up...this one probably next summer....
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 19-Sep-2008, 04:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Hello everyone,

Today did not start well for me. While on my way to work i saw a cat on the side of the road and from the position it was when I passed it as an after thought I was sure it was not dead so I turned the car around and went back to investigate.

And for sure it was not dead for from the other side of the street it was trying to get up and could not. Did a U-turn and parked the car behind it and got out.
When I came beside the poor soul I could clearly see that she must have been hit by a passing car and simply crawled on the side of the road.

I could also see that the back of her body would not move for she was trying to get up but only the front paws would work. I picked her up very slowly for I knew that her pelvis bones were broken and for sure because of the cry she let on when I picked her up. She was a young mother for I could see that she had milk in her tits, I put her on the front floor beside me and brought her with me to the office and put her gently in a box.

I was able to contact a nearby vet. for at one point she tried to get up maybe to breathe better and then a pool of blood came out of her anus.Her suffering had to stop.I was lucky to have this vet that put away her pain today for I couldn't stand looking at her suffering like this. I still feel sad and helpless for even if I knew that there was nothing I or the vet could do for her at least in my heart I'm trying to say to myself that I did the right thing. I brought her back home and tonight I will bury her in my backyard. That'll be her final resting place, not the side road.

I know some of you will find this story a bit graphic and all but I need to let it out for I still cry thinking of her suffering. Animals are my friends and are the most innocent creatures and stand no chance against our might.I just cannot let an animal still alive die alone and suffering on the side of the road, I just can't.

LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
WallaceGal 
Posted: 19-Sep-2008, 04:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

Oh, LOA! hug.gif I am so sorry you went through that today but know that I would have done the same.

You poor thing. Just remember she's in a better place now and doesn't hurt anymore.

--------------------
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Slàinte!
PMEmail Poster                
leenie 
Posted: 20-Sep-2008, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
37,492 Gold!

oh how horrible Lady-of-Avalon...I can't stand to see an animal suffer either...you did the right thing, but it must have been a very long tough day for you...
Leelee 
Posted: 20-Sep-2008, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

cry.gif Oh dear, LOA cry.gif You are very, very kind to do this for the Kitty. I can say she is in a better place now, but that doesn't ease your sorrow. I love all creatures as well and wouldn't want one to die alone. You did the right thing and now she will be with you in the comforts of your lovely backyard. Take care LOA, I raise a glass of Scotch to you my dear beer_mug.gif
PM               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 20-Sep-2008, 04:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Thanks Wallacegal and Leenie for your encouragement and yes indeed it was a very long day. And even though she was not mine I couldn't care less about that and paid the vet fees to put an end to her suffering.Because I couldn't get to the SPCA their locals was to far.
For she was hemorrhaging and if painful for humans then it is also for animals.
They cannot talk with their mouth like us but with their eyes and it was enough for me to understand her pain.

Thank you ladies at least I know I'm not alone as an animal lover.

Oh dear, LOA  You are very, very kind to do this for the Kitty. I can say she is in a better place now, but that doesn't ease your sorrow. I love all creatures as well and wouldn't want one to die alone. You did the right thing and now she will be with you in the comforts of your lovely backyard. Take care LOA, I raise a glass of Scotch to you my dear 

Thank ye my Leelee, cheers to you too I indeed had one glass on Friday night to calm down and be able to sleep. Thank you for your kindness.

I know I shouldn't do these things for they are painful but that's the way I am.

Diane
PM My Photo Album               
Harlot 
Posted: 20-Sep-2008, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

I am so very sorry for you LOA. I understand so well what you are feeling.
Where I work we had a cat hanging around and sometimes it would walk around inside. We tried to trap it so one of the guys could take it home. We took turns feeding it,but one Sunday when I got to work I seen him laying over where we would put his food. He did not move and looked like he got hit by a car. I work work with 10 guys and I would of thought that they could of cared less about that cat but I was so wrong. I got one of them to wrap it up in a old shirt he had and another took it home to bury at his house. That was 3 weeks ago and I still find myself looking over where he would wait for his food.
My thoughts are with you and all animals who find loving people like you.

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 21-Sep-2008, 04:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Thanks my dear Harlot, I agree not all men are careless towards animals and love them for who they are...our companions in life.

LOA
PM My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]