Posted: 02-Jul-2008, 09:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

I know I'm new here, but Leenie, I understand congrats are in order? I am SO not looking forward to being a grandma. I'd just be happy right now if my girls would move! They're both still in college though so until they're out, that's not going to happen. At least they're hardly ever home...

Gwenlee, I am sorry to read about your daughter. My best to her and hope her recovery is swift.

We are getting pounded with thunderstorms again tonight. I think in the last 45 days, we've had less than 7 with no rain. At least we haven't had the tornadoes that usually accompany this weather.

Anyway, I thought I'd say hello, a few of you I've spoken with. Hope to get to know you all much better biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Glamis Castle, Forfar, Scotland

Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Slàinte!
PMEmail Poster                
DesertRose 
Posted: 03-Jul-2008, 01:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Well welcome, WallacGal! It is really nice to have you here. just join right in on the conversations. That's how you get to know people!

It is 112 already....OUCH! Hoping for some thunderstorms and much needed rain to cool things down.

Gwenlee, I, too, wish your daughter a speedy recovery.

Leenie, many congrats, if I have not offered them to you before. Hope the kilt comes soon. Aggravating, eh?

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
WallaceGal 
Posted: 03-Jul-2008, 01:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

female

Thanks, DesertRose... biggrin.gif

We have friends who live in Chandler...they've been complaining of the same thing off and on...

It finally stopped raining here about an hour ago. I don't think we have to worry about any fires tomorrow from people with fireworks. Just the usual reports on the news of the three or four each year who light a cherry bomb and forget to throw it...
PMEmail Poster                
stoirmeil 
Posted: 03-Jul-2008, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

USN -- what's "rabbit starvation"? Is that when the animal has little or no fat on it, like toward the end of winter, so you get protein breakdown toxicity?
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 03-Jul-2008, 08:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I took it to mean the 7 year population cycle of rabbits. Might be wrong.

Slàinte,    Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 04-Jul-2008, 12:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Dear WallaceGal, It is now 10:45 and 110 degrees! I bet your friends are fine as long as they are inside...as well as me! LOL
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 04-Jul-2008, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

sad.gif Poor Rose - didja get out the oven mitts so you could hold the steering wheel when you need to drive the car??

biggrin.gif

It's hot here too. But doggone we need some rain, my grass is getting crispy. My husband just came in and said its misting rain now outside - while the neighbors are shooting off their fireworks! Well I went out and watched a minute ago and got to see the best ones.
I just don't have much enthusiasm for celebrating I guess. Had a birthday yesterday and really missed having my children and their spouses here to celebrate with us. Its the first time they've all been unable to be here. Things sure have changed this year... it'll take some getting used to.

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
WallaceGal 
Posted: 04-Jul-2008, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

female

We never got to 70 today and by gosh, the SUN was out!! Not a cloud in the sky...I keep thinking I'm asleep and I'm going to wake to another pounding rain storm...

Siobhan Blues...Happy Belated Birthday. You can have my girls if you want. I don't think they'll ever leave home! tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Patch 
Posted: 05-Jul-2008, 12:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

68 degrees was tops here. It looked like rain but didn't do it. The fireworks are over. I live about 4 blocks from the area they launch them from. My dog ran from the front to the back door "guarding" the house. When it was over he got sick and "threw up." It was a wonderful July 4'th.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 05-Jul-2008, 08:58 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

QUOTE (Patch @ 05-Jul-2008, 12:26 AM)
68 degrees was tops here. It looked like rain but didn't do it. The fireworks are over. I live about 4 blocks from the area they launch them from. My dog ran from the front to the back door "guarding" the house. When it was over he got sick and "threw up." It was a wonderful July 4'th.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

Patch;

Now that the celebrations are over and every one is recovering ,how does it feel to be a 232 year old coddger/

Camac. thumbs_up.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif wheelchair.gif

Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 05-Jul-2008, 01:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

QUOTE (WallaceGal @ 04-Jul-2008, 10:20 PM)
Siobhan Blues...Happy Belated Birthday. You can have my girls if you want. I don't think they'll ever leave home! tongue.gif

Noooo, thanks but I'll pass on that offer. If I'd known the house would be this peaceful once the kids were gone, I would have booted them out 5 years ago.
rolleyes.gif I mean honestly, the stress level plummeted! Our daughter and I had butted heads for two or three years argue.gif and the tension was taking its toll on me. I'm a people-pleaser by nature and wanted my home to be happy, but about the time daughter got to be, uh, a pain in the hoo-hoo I happened to turn 49 and suddenly I was standing up for myself & refusing to be a doormat any more.

My poor husband was astonished to see me barking back at her, and the arguments - some of them were pretty heated. She wanted to be independant & on her own, and she was ready for it, so now she's married & happy and I've just turned 51 & am quite happy (until the next mood swing.)

biggrin.gif Let me give you hope for the future: the Empty Nest is the best thing since sliced bread!!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 05-Jul-2008, 02:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 05-Jul-2008, 02:58 AM)
QUOTE (Patch @ 05-Jul-2008, 12:26 AM)
68 degrees was tops here.  It looked like rain but didn't do it.  The fireworks are over.  I live about 4 blocks from the area they launch them from.  My dog ran from the front to the back door "guarding" the house.  When it was over he got sick and "threw up."  It was a wonderful July 4'th.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

Patch;

Now that the celebrations are over and every one is recovering ,how does it feel to be a 232 year old coddger/

Camac. thumbsup.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif wheelchair.gif

I never thought of it that way. No wonder I am so tired!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
leenie 
Posted: 09-Jul-2008, 06:28 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Hello Everyone...Did get to see Fireworks on Saturday night...no rain but was cool and humid after the sun went down....I saw Elvis!!! no kidding...the Lake where we went to watch the fireworks always provides entertainment and you guessed it...Elvis and his band were one of the acts before the orchestra took over..he was actually pretty good and from where I was standing, looked a lot like him too. Thanks again for all the new congratulations I've gotten. Emma is wonderful of course! I have baby withdrawal if I don't see her every few days. Grandma is keeping her camera hot taking pictures too. biggrin.gif

DesertRose-- I don't envy you the hot temps, but I miss living in Arizona. I lived there for 8 years on the west side of Phoenix. Have been back a few times and can't believe how the area has changed. So crowded now.

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
WallaceGal 
Posted: 09-Jul-2008, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 05-Jul-2008, 02:29 PM)
Noooo, thanks but I'll pass on that offer. If I'd known the house would be this peaceful once the kids were gone, I would have booted them out 5 years ago.
rolleyes.gif I mean honestly, the stress level plummeted! Our daughter and I had butted heads for two or three years argue.gif and the tension was taking its toll on me. I'm a people-pleaser by nature and wanted my home to be happy, but about the time daughter got to be, uh, a pain in the hoo-hoo I happened to turn 49 and suddenly I was standing up for myself & refusing to be a doormat any more.

My poor husband was astonished to see me barking back at her, and the arguments - some of them were pretty heated. She wanted to be independant & on her own, and she was ready for it, so now she's married & happy and I've just turned 51 & am quite happy (until the next mood swing.)

biggrin.gif Let me give you hope for the future: the Empty Nest is the best thing since sliced bread!!

You are giving me hope!!

I too had a daughter with whom I butted heads...to the point where she came home and her stuff (what little there was that SHE paid for) was on the front porch. She was not quite 17.

Now, at 19, she reminds me constantly that she's an adult and why does she have to have any rules about what time she needs to be in the house by, etc., etc., etc.

I finally told her, Fine, you want to be an adult? You can. But you accept all the responsibility that goes with it so you give me the money it costs me to run the house for a month, pay the bills, buy the groceries, buy the GAS! *shudders*...when I gave her the dollar amount, she paled, her eyes bugged and she sat there stunned.

I just told her. You want to be an adult, that's the downside of it. But you go do all the adult things you want, so long as you give me that money first.

I'm still paying the bills and she's still coming home on our house rules time...

go figure!

laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Patch 
Posted: 09-Jul-2008, 07:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (WallaceGal @ 09-Jul-2008, 12:37 PM)
QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 05-Jul-2008, 02:29 PM)
Noooo, thanks but I'll pass on that offer.  If I'd known the house would be this peaceful once the kids were gone, I would have booted them out 5 years ago.
rolleyes.gif  I mean honestly, the stress level plummeted!  Our daughter and I had butted heads for two or three years   argue.gif  and the tension was taking its toll on me.  I'm a people-pleaser by nature and wanted my home to be happy, but about the time daughter got to be, uh, a pain in the hoo-hoo I happened to turn 49 and suddenly I was standing up for myself & refusing to be a doormat any more. 

My poor husband was astonished to see me barking back at her, and the arguments - some of them were pretty heated.  She wanted to be independant & on her own, and she was ready for it, so now she's married & happy and I've just turned 51 & am quite happy (until the next mood swing.)

biggrin.gif  Let me give you hope for the future: the Empty Nest is the best thing since sliced bread!!

You are giving me hope!!

I too had a daughter with whom I butted heads...to the point where she came home and her stuff (what little there was that SHE paid for) was on the front porch. She was not quite 17.

Now, at 19, she reminds me constantly that she's an adult and why does she have to have any rules about what time she needs to be in the house by, etc., etc., etc.

I finally told her, Fine, you want to be an adult? You can. But you accept all the responsibility that goes with it so you give me the money it costs me to run the house for a month, pay the bills, buy the groceries, buy the GAS! *shudders*...when I gave her the dollar amount, she paled, her eyes bugged and she sat there stunned.

I just told her. You want to be an adult, that's the downside of it. But you go do all the adult things you want, so long as you give me that money first.

I'm still paying the bills and she's still coming home on our house rules time...

go figure!

laugh.gif

When mine moved away, it was a shock. We shared a LOT over the years and I directed most of my energies to see that they were properly brought up (in a single parent household) and I had just retired. It took a couple of months and suddenly I had time for all the things I had put off for 20 years. As with all teens, I knew very little but now that they are in their 30's I have become much more intelligent. Maybe they are just humoring me but the grand kids now even seem to think I know a few things.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt