Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 18-Jun-2008, 10:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

The rain hasn't been too bad up here in the U.P. Very little of it as a matter of fact. None of the flooding that the lower part of Wisconsin has had to put up with. The only thing we haven't gotten is heat. We are still wearing jackets and sweaters up here. I'm hoping it warms up before our ren faire this weekend. Other than that things are pretty normal.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 20-Jun-2008, 07:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Hello all,

We may be hotter than Hades here in Arizona, but wanted to express my thoughts and prayers to all of you who are going through floods and tornadoes. I cannot even begin to imagine, but I think of you all whenever I see the news and all I can do is lift you all up in prayer. Please let us all know how you are doing.

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Senara 
Posted: 21-Jun-2008, 04:02 PM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

Hey!

I'm not lost I swear!!! Not under water but it was a close one there for a while. Flooding rivers certainly made getting around the outlying areas of Milwaukee interesting. Found a few new backroads that just seemed to appear out of no where for detours.

Anywhooo...Gwenlee...my love always to you and your daughter. My mom's MS unfortunately is beyond much medical help these days. We just get by day by day. Your daughter sounds like she's in expert hands. I'm sure she'll bounce back...be it slowly.

As for me...well, taking a quick 10 minute break from cleaning out what is to be the nursery here in a couple months. Still have a lot of things to get, but the wee one is doing well. I'll know more for certain after the ultrasound on Monday. Although I do think I have a little soccer player...definately an active one at least. We are in the home stretch now. My doctors are all please with my blood sugar control (went from an 8.4 in Nov down to a 6.9 in January, and now at a 5.2 for those that know the A1C scale), no nausea, no weird cravings...okay, maybe I do eat a bit too much sauerkraut...but what else are you going to put on a bratwurst besides mustard???

Back to cleaning up though. Gonna be grooving to the station though while I work. Hope you are all well and keeping cool....oh I've got a myspace page now too...finally broke down and made one. Seem to check it at least once a day so if you wish to leave me messages there that's fine. Profile is under LadySenara.

Oh...and I do have the new Gaelic Storm CD on pre-order....smile.gif very very cool!

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chir drn a thoirt an aghaidh pig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is cel.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 21-Jun-2008, 04:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Hey!! So good to hear from you! You're making a wee one? Fantastic! (How did I miss that?) All best to your health especially -- don't deprive us of news and your wonderful presence, acushla.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 22-Jun-2008, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Well, another Ren faire under the belt for me. I really don't know if we will be able to have another next year. While the weather wasn't bad there were just too many outside problems. I wasn't involved this year but I do try to keep an ear open. Some of the acts bowed out at the last minute, too many flea market booths and hardly any ren merchants, the road to the faire was under construction and of course there is the price of gas. And publiciity is something that really needs to be adressed. With us being so far up north from every thing and very little culture to speak of its going to be rather iffy if we can do this again next year. And no beer or mead!? On the plus side we had the Duelist perform for both days which was a major huzzah! Belly dancers, a couple of theatre groups preforming and the samuri group was there agian this year. We really need som bands here again. There was hardly any music to speak of and that really sets the atmosphere. The crowds seem to be a decent size for the two days we ran. I got to wear my kilt for the weekend. And we had my granddaughters 1st birthday there when it was all over.
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 23-Jun-2008, 07:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Another hero of mine is gone George Carlin passes at 71.

--------------------
Were all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and thats just what youll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

Ill be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

Its a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If youre looking for a new experience, dont hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 23-Jun-2008, 07:15 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone, just trying to catch up in this thread. Keep safe from all the flooding. Summer has finally came here. thumbs_up.gif Been doing a lot of outdoors things. Garden is doing well.

Robert it sounds as though you had a good time.

JC- I agree he will be missed sad.gif

senara its good to see you. I'm glad your not lost cause I was beginning to send out the troops. lol..

Dessert Rose keep cool. Been thinking about you in all those hot costumes. I hope your summer is going well.

Well not enough time this days to post everything I am thinking....lol Have a great week everyone.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 24-Jun-2008, 01:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Everyone

A usual time gets by me so fast. I have taken on a part time job to try and get some bills paid off and to help my daughter.

Senara-thanks for your thoughts and congratulations to you on your little one and for brings down your A1C, it was very important to you and your little one.

Nothing new has been going on except just trying to get things done.

I hope all of you are doing well

gwenlee
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 24-Jun-2008, 11:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

Hey y'all! Happy Tuesday!
I like Tuesdays because I work on Mondays, so this is the first day of the week where I can stay home & do artwork, play with the horses, do some laundry, pet the cats, and enjoy some quiet time.

Good to see all of you here. Senara, congrats on the impending wee one (and I do mean WEE, like change that diaper quick or it'll be all over ya. biggrin.gif ) My youngest sister-in-law is pregnant, we learned recently; we're a bit worried because she's 39 and hope that all goes well; all is well so far, thank the Lord.
You don't crave anything?? Whoa. I craved tacos constantly with my first child(grandma said that's why he was born a redhead) and chips w/french onion dip with the second.

GwenloverlyLee, hi to ya and hope you're staying cool. Listen, if you get any rain send some my way down here in Bremen. We're BAKING. Its nothing I supposed compared to Celtic Rose - on the weather map the other day I saw where Phoenix was 112* Had to get out those oven mitts to drive the car, didn't ya CR?!?

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
MDF3530 
Posted: 24-Jun-2008, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hey all!

I'm here at the library again, using the internet and listening to my iPod.

The weather's been pretty good the past few days. The flood waters in the Midwest are starting to recede. I feel real sorry for the farmers who've lost their entire crops for the year. Pretty soon the prices at the grocery store are going to skyrocket. I wouldn't be suprised to see milk prices rival gas prices.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
leenie 
Posted: 25-Jun-2008, 04:30 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

I haven't been on here much lately... have been sick for the last 2 months...seems like forever...so tired of being sick!! Some really wonderful news...I became a first time grandma on June 11th. Emma Grace arrived at 6:16 in the morning. She was 19 inches long and weighed 7 pounds. I think I'm going to like being a Grandma...can't wait to actually be able to play with her.. can't go into a store without cruising through the baby section and usually spot a toy or cute outfit that she just has to have!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer and are all well and happy. I can't promise but I will try to get on here more often.
Patch 
Posted: 25-Jun-2008, 04:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Comgratulations!

Slinte,

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 25-Jun-2008, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (leenie @ 25-Jun-2008, 05:30 PM)
I haven't been on here much lately... have been sick for the last 2 months...seems like forever...so tired of being sick!! Some really wonderful news...I became a first time grandma on June 11th. Emma Grace arrived at 6:16 in the morning. She was 19 inches long and weighed 7 pounds. I think I'm going to like being a Grandma...can't wait to actually be able to play with her.. can't go into a store without cruising through the baby section and usually spot a toy or cute outfit that she just has to have!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer and are all well and happy. I can't promise but I will try to get on here more often.

Congrats on the new baby and hope you'll feel better soon Leenie!!

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 25-Jun-2008, 06:51 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Congratulations leenie this is wonderful news. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 25-Jun-2008, 08:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

Wow! First to -

Stormeil, Rindy, Patch, and Lady of Avalon - Hello and I pray that y'all are all doing well. It's always good to hear from y'all.

Robert - glad the Renfaire went as well as it did. Down here in Atlanta we used to have a Celtic Festival once a year, but for the past couple of years it has become a "boondoggle" with no one wanting to put it together, etc. You would think that a place as big as Atlanta you would have many, many people wanting to put something together. Go figure.

Desert Rose - Stay cool. I have never been to Arizona, bout would love to visit some day - just not in the summer! Have a great week.

Senara - congratulations on the upcoming birth of your baby. I am glad that all is well with your health. Enjoy every minute with that baby - my "baby" is now 16! It seemed like just yesterday when he was born. My oldest is 21.

John Clements - my sentiments on George Carlin. When m son heard the news, he said "The voice of Thomas the Train died." I still have my George Carlin records and I got them out and listened to them - love the "hippy dippy" weather man and all those other acts he did.

Gwenlee - Glad you are doig well. I continue to pray for y'all. I just found out a cousin of mine has been diagnosed with MS.

Siobhan Blues - as always it is great to hear from you. I am so glad that you are back here on CR. Talk about cravings - I craved Varsity Chilli Cheese Steaks and Mexican food with Shannon, my oldest. She was born with absolutely no hair and my husband teased me about eating all that spicy stuff and "burning" her hair off her head. With Eric, my son, I couldn't get enough Greek food - I craved vinegar - my grandmother said he would be born with a head of hair - sure 'nuf he had long black hair. He looked like a little hippy.

MDF3530 - hello. I love hanging out in libraries. As for the price of milk and gas - I realized the other day that I am paying the same for a gallon of milk as I do for a gallon of gas. We drink organic hormone free milk and it is actually a little more than the gas. Oh well.

Leenie - Welcome back my dear friend. You have been missed. I was wondering what had become of you. I was about ready to send out the troops. Also, congratulations on your first grand child. HOpe you feel better real soon!

Ulster Scot Nut - Thanks for the article on rabbits. It's getting really weird here in my backyard. The "weeds" have survived in my yard - which means lots of clover and such. Plus, I have an "organic" yard - no pesticides at all and it's a big, clear yard with lots of underbrush on the perimeter for them to hide. Some of them have goten quite bold and come very close to us while we sit in the yard. We have an occasional hawk that makes an appearance, but the black birds scare them off. We saw one nearly get a small rabbit the other day, but the rabbit got away and hopped off.

To everyone else above and on this site - Have a wonderful rest of the week and a fabulous weekend.

--------------------
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.""
Psalm 91:1-2

"Be what you would seem to be--or, if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." from "Alice in Wonderland"
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt