> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
Bookmark and Share
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 06-Mar-2008, 04:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

QUOTE (pretentiouswombat @ 06-Mar-2008, 02:00 PM)
Okay, a weird thing just happened at my office. Our maintenance guy came by - he makes the rounds once a day to walk through the office to see that everything is working, no lights out, etc. I was walking back from the copy machine to my desk and he walked by and said "You have legs!" like that was a big discovery. It made me realize how infrequently I wear either a skirt or dress. We both laughed over it because it's certainly not one of those comments you hear everyday.

laugh.gif laugh.gif
I worked at a local frame shop/art gallery during my college days and used to see lots of customers from behind the counter. I'd get that comment somtimes when I'd meet these customers out somewhere else and they'd say "you look familiar" but wouldn't know who I was. I'd always tell them who I was, and say "you just don't recognize me with legs!'

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 06-Mar-2008, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

Siobhan Blues, it's good to see another Georgia girl. MIssed seeing you around here. How are things with your computer connections? I hae dial-up too, and it can be real slow at times, but most of the time it does okay for what I do.

As for the comment about legs - I have had comments said to me like that too. I usually respond with something like "Yes, I do have legs. I also have two arms and a head. Amazing isn't it!?" My first full time job was as the bookkeeper in a tool and die shop - all men - so you can imagine! They were a nice group of guys to work with though.

--------------------
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.""
Psalm 91:1-2

"Be what you would seem to be--or, if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." from "Alice in Wonderland"
PMEmail Poster               
Keltic 
Posted: 06-Mar-2008, 11:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario Canada

male

I have officially had enough of winter!!!! We are again under a winter storm watch here in Ottawa, Ontario. It seems to be a bi-weekly event now. We are quickly coming up to a record season for snow. This is the second snowiest season on record with approximately 350 cm (over 11 feet!!) of snow falling so far this winter. The storm expected on Saturday could bring 30 to 50 cm more (11 to 19 inches).

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 07-Mar-2008, 10:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacVine

female

Well, all I can say about this winter in my case is that it's the most beautiful one that I've seen in a long while.
Here in the country a bit north of Montreal the scenery is just grand.
the fields are just a fantastic rug of white, I will never have enough of winter and snow because it is pure and peaceful. LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 07-Mar-2008, 10:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

Hi Siobhan Blues! I was told we had a pretty good contingency of Georgia Belles here on the boards. You must join us over in Fun & Games sometime.

Today, I'm back to not having legs, I guess. It's casual day and I'm wearing jeans. wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
Keltic 
Posted: 09-Mar-2008, 10:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario Canada

male

QUOTE (Lady of Avalon @ 07-Mar-2008, 11:16 AM)
Well, all I can say about this winter in my case is that it's the most beautiful one that I've seen in a long while.
Here in the country a bit north of Montreal the scenery is just grand.
the fields are just a fantastic rug of white, I will never have enough of winter and snow because it is pure and peaceful. LOA

I agree on the beauty of the snow but when you live in the city, it is short lived. Once the traffic trudges over the snow and turns it all brown, it isn't overly beautiful.

The storm brought us 51 cm (about 20 inches) so we are now over 12 feet of snow so far this year. We are 34 centimetres shy of the all-time record set in 1970-71. I have some digging to do tomorrow. My barbecue is buried and I don't do well without.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 11-Mar-2008, 06:59 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello everyone!

I'm just dropping by the library before I head over to my church for their annual Irish Mass.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 13-Mar-2008, 04:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

I'm still at work since I came in late today - had a bit of a migraine this morning. Hope to be heading home soon, though. Have to get those hours in so I can afford those luxuries like...rent, utilities, food. wink.gif

My eldest son is going to the hospital tomorrow for surgery for his deviated septum. Just found out today so it looks like I'll be swinging by there on my way home after work tomorrow afternoon.
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 13-Mar-2008, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

Wombat, I hope and pray your son's surgery goes well tomorrow. My brother had that surgery done a number of years ago while he was in college. He got kidded a lot about the word "deviated septum" - I guess boys will be boys. Anyway, he is doing well now - many years later - and he is glad he had it done.
PMEmail Poster               
Senara 
Posted: 14-Mar-2008, 07:43 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

Hey there everyone...I know I've been missing for quite some time, but haven't had much time to drop in and visit. Life has been turned upside down for me in the past year. I was diagnosed type2 diabetic, and on top of it my first child should be making his/her way into the world this coming September. Needless to say, life has been one Dr.'s appointment after another. Unfortunately my employer has installed some goofy firewall and I don't get a chance to pop in here much and check the boards. "Entertainment" well, ya...gotta have something to make work not seem so miserable.

Saw Leahy in concert a couple weeks ago in a town called Cedarburg at their tiny performing arts center. An amazing show and I highly recommend it to anyone.
I'm getting excited about Milwaukee's Irish Fest again this year. I'm gonna be as big as a stage by that point so no jigs for me!

Well, I had best be getting to work, the boss is on his way in. Just needed to drop by and let you know that all is well and I'm still lurking in a corner around here somewhere. Hope you all have a fantastic St. Pat's weekend!

P.S. Since I can't...have a half dozen or so Guinness for me? PLEASE?!?!?! beer_mug.gif beer.gif cheers.gif bye1.gif

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chir drn a thoirt an aghaidh pig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is cel.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
lawrence50 
Posted: 14-Mar-2008, 07:53 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacOak

male

Leahy is from near me. I have seen them 3 times, the last being in the summer at a Festival. They are one talented family
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 15-Mar-2008, 06:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

I hope all the Georgia Girls are alright after last nights storms. For those who don't know downtown Atlanta had a possible tornado and the surrounding areas had bad winds and rain.

Hi Senara; congradulations on the up coming blessed event. Iam sorry to hear about the diabetes. I am sure you have heard how important it is to have control of you blood sugars. Take very good care of yourself and listen to the doctor, nurses and educators. We want you to have a healthy little one. I guess you know that pregnant mom are my speciality. Keep us posted.

SB. I thought you had dropped off the end of the world. I have missed seeing you around the forum.

I guess with the bad weather I'll be staying in today. Maybe I'll will get some sewing done. We need to do some yard work but that won't be getting done.
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 15-Mar-2008, 01:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

We certainly had some bad weather this morning - the thunder and lightning woke me up. It doesn't look like any damage around here, though. Apparently, Gainesville must be having some issues. DD#1 called her dad's house to tell them that their store had to be evacuated to go to a tornado shelter in the shopping center. She's back in the store now so I guess the worst is over there.

We're getting ready to go out for something to eat so I'll see what the rest of Snellville is like and if we have any storm damage out there.

BTW, my son did well in his surgery. I stopped to see him on the way home from work while he was still in recovery. His dad was there to drive him home. Since my son has basically his own apartment at his dad's house, that worked out well. He could just take it easy and there were people around if he needed them. Aside from having a hard time sleeping (he had to be on his back and whenever he would fall asleep, he'd breathe through his nose which would wake him up) things are going fine. Pain is quite minimal and no nausea. Looks like a success.

gwenlee 
Posted: 15-Mar-2008, 10:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

I am glad to hear that you are okay Wombat. How is SiobhanBlue and Gwyn?

We had what is believed to have been a tornado in Bartow county. It touched down about 2 to 3 mile from us. We were without power for about 3 hours. The roads we take to feed our horses are closed. The storms were unbelievable. But we are alright.

My daughter and her boyfriend called us to make sure we were okay. They live in Gainesville.

Wombat I am glad to hear that your son came out okay with his surgery.

What a damper for ST Paddys day celebration. I know it isn't until Monday. But a lot of us were planning to start the celebration. I got 2 cards from my sister. She said she couldn't decide which one to send so she sent them both. Along with them I got some cute pins to wear. My husband gave me a shamrock neckless and I sent my sister a shamrock neckless too.

Well everyone take care.

gwenlee
gwenlee 
Posted: 17-Mar-2008, 12:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Happy St Patricks Day to everyone. Wear the green, have a pint or have some tea or cola. But most important stay safe.

Gwenlee cheers.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt