DesertRose 
Posted: 14-May-2005, 01:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Hi gwenlee! I love the Smokies too and loved living there in western NC a few years back. I hope you get a good space to see CAD too. I so wanted to go to that event, but it was just too close to my Oregon trip. I will be anxious how it all goes! Have fun tonight and hope you are doing well.

What is the name of that town in northern GA that used to be the capital of the Cherokee nation and has a village and all set up like it was back before the Trail of Tears? I cannot remember the name to save my life right now. Glad you had a good time at the social.

Happy weekend to everyone else!

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 14-May-2005, 03:06 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Hi everyone,

Rindy, you asked about the Martial Arts program that my crew's involved in, and I meant to answer the other day, I'm sorry! Here's the website, so you can check it out in detail if you'd like. http://www.umacmarblehead.com/ It's a System that teaches more than one form of study, to give everyone a well-rounded training and understanding. I don't explain it very well, so please check the Site out--it's really a very good program for all different ages and abilities! They are involved in a lot of community programs, too, and organize special programs with the Police dept., Fire dept., and our local School dept. The Photo Gallery will give you a good idea of what's offered. Enjoy!

BlueGrassLady, I've been thinking of you and your trip North. I'm very sorry for both of your losses, and I know this will be a very emotional time for all of you. Just remember that you're in our thoughts.

CR, I'm so sorry about your back and neck! That's a lot to deal with and I hope that your doc has been able to help you. Can they do anything with the disk and bone spurs? Just to remove some of the problems for you? My youngest sister had a bit of curvature in her spine and had to spend her high school years in a brace that went from her neck to her hips. She's fine now, thank goodness, though of course she has to be careful in what she does, and sees a chiropracter regularly. I think there are special chairs available (and I've seen cushions too), that are designed to help with back problems, though I'm probably just telling you something you already know. Just wish I could help!!

Moon Child, I haven't gotten up the nerve yet to venture into the Curves here. Just too lazy and intimidated with the whole thing, I'm afraid. On the positive side, I have started walking with my hubby in the evenings again, when weather permits. We usually walk for three miles, but will increase that as I get used to walking again. I can sure tell it in my legs afterwards! It's a good sort of ache, and lets me know I've done some good work on them. Hubby taught me how to do V Sit-ups, too, so that's working my abs to death! Add in lots of stretching, reverse curls, small weight lifts, and things will improve eventually. The hard part is staying away from our daughters' favorites--cinnamon rolls and donuts! laugh.gif

I've got to go everyone! Irish Stepper, Gwenlee, J Padraig, OldRaven, take care of yourselves!!

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 14-May-2005, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Hey everybody!
Coming to you on a saturday afternoon. Not typical for me. I usually stay off the net on the weekends.
Kind of rainy and blustery here. Wound up cancelling some plans for the day.
Grass is too wet to cut it. The neighbors will be complaining soon about my weeds! laugh.gif
CR-hope you feel better soon with that back of yours.
OR-good luck with that baby!
BGL-safe journey

And all others, cheers!!!
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 14-May-2005, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello Dreamer! Your martial arts sounds really interesting. Hope you are having a good weekend. Thanks for your kind words. Yeah, I have heard it all before. Unfortunately I was not diagnosed until my mid-30s and by then it was too late to do anything for a lot of it. I see a massage therapist often and she helps me more than anything to keep the muscles loose and not so tight from the rotation of the spine. Doctors don't want to do surgery and neither do I want it! I have heard too many horror stories. Sorry to moan so much.

Hey JP! What a delightful surprise to hear from you on the weekend! Hope you are having a good one too. I hear weather there has not been good. It has been kind of quiet in the site here. I guess everybody is out enjoying good weather who can.

We will all be thinking about Or and Ange this weekend and Monday, eh? Anxious to hear and congratulate the new parents! smile.gif

y'all take care!
Rindy 
Posted: 15-May-2005, 08:57 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Hello everyone!

Dreamer thank you for the martial arts link. Sounds like a really good school. Martial arts are a wonderful thing.

Hi Jp, sounds like yard work for you yesterday.

Hi Gwen, all this talk of CAD. I don't think I have every heard one person not enjoy a show. Oh I wish I was going too.

Hi CR, hope things are going well for you.

Well everyone have a great night!!

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 16-May-2005, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Yup, it was yard work for me. Did not get it all done: had our first graduation open house yesterday. Then cut grass, but did not finish it yet. Had to watch the Survivor finale last night. We must have our priorities!
Hope everyone has a good day!

cheers!
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 16-May-2005, 10:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Anything from Oldraven yet?

PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 16-May-2005, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Hello everyone.
Nothing from OR yet huh? It was a good day today- spent a lot probably to much time in front of this computer...but I think it was time well spent. Oh I did plant my zinnias down my drive way. Have over 18 feet so its a chore. I need to go buy dirt tomorrow I have two more plants in pots then I am done. Tomorrow I have to work in the evening afternoon, will be helping the eye doctor. We will be renting a pepsi wagon and serving a free BBQ for a sunglass sale.. Should be fun..hope the weather is nice...

Hey there JP hows things going? Hows your weather been? Graduation huh? Cool!

Hi CR where ever you are-LOL

Hello to anyone else out there.

Well just checking in see ya tomorrow! Night everyone...

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 16-May-2005, 09:42 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Me too, just stopped in to see if there was any news from OR. Hope "no news is good news" holds true!

Rindy, congrats on all your planting today! Glad the weather gave you a break - good luck again tomorrow with the sunglass truck.

Take care everyone. Thinking about you, OR and family!

'Night,
Dreamer1
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
oldraven 
Posted: 16-May-2005, 10:48 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Hi everyone. Thanks for caring. It's comforting to have people pulling for you. smile.gif Well, pulling for Ange, honestly.

She's at 2 1/2 cm now, and has been contracting since about 10:00am. She's in bed now, trying to get some rest. I imagine this will be a loooong night. I should be there trying to catch a few z's myself, but I can't sleep.

Anyway. Probably early in the morning. I'll get to a computer as soon as posible when the event happens. king.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
DesertRose 
Posted: 18-May-2005, 02:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey everyone! Just a quick post to let you all know that OR and Ange had a baby girl. There is a new thread on the family in the discussion forum titled "New Chick in the Nest" from OR. This is for those of you who have not seen or heard yet.

CONGRATULATIONS! OR, ANGE AND COIRA!
Sonee 
Posted: 18-May-2005, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Nebraska

female

Hello everyone!!

Congrats OR and your newly extended family!! Children are the most precious thing and make life bearable!!!

Sorry I've been gone for awhile! My husband was offered a transfer for more money so we thought we were going to move. I spent the last month packing the house to find out last week that it wasn't going to happen. The raise they were promising wasn't exactly what it appeared to be! They were going to keep him at the same wage he gets here and just give him small raises throughout the future. Kind of defeats the purpose and his boss here offered him a dollar more and hour to stay. Looks like I'll be unpacking now!!!

Today is my daughters last day of school for the year. Probably the last day in this school period. She goes to a country school, one of the rural school the government is trying to close. My husband thinks we should move her into town next year even if our school doesn't close right away because it will at some point. He thinks it would be better for her to enter a new school now, when she's younger and can make new friends, than when she is older and already has set friends here. Guess that will take more discussion. Anybody got any input? I could use all the help I can get to make this dicision.

Dragonboy, so sorry to hear about your grandfather. My grandfather died in 2002. He had cancer really bad and none of the treatments worked. Unfortunately, I live to far away to see him much. He called me one night and talked to all of us, a way to say goodbye. I knew then that it was the end. He died about 2 days later. Even now, 3 years later I cry when I think of him. One of the things I'm thankful for the most is that my son was born in March of that year so my grandfather got to know him. It's hard, and it hurts, but you will go on. Don't be afraid to cry whenever the feeling hits you, it really does help. If you ever need anyone to talk to or just to vent your frustrations to I'm here to listen! Take care of yourself and your family and let us know how you are!

I've got to go for a bit, my son a yelling at me for some milk!!! I will post more later and try to catch up! I missed so much it might be awhile before I'm fully up to date!!!

Stay well everyone!

--------------------
Sonee

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke

"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 18-May-2005, 02:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi everyone. I'm having trouble with my computer and I haven't been on it much. I'm packing up for Gatlinburg. The campers is ready and we have our kilts. I hope to be in good view of CAD-I'm so looking forward to hearing them. The weather sounds like it will be great.

OR-congratulations on that new bundle of joy. Its so much fun dressing her up and she will have you wrapped around her finger.

CR- The name of that town in north GA is New Echota.

Rindy and CR I wish all of us could be in Gatlinburg this weekend. We could be 3 crazy chicks jamming to CAD. I hope everyone is well. If I don't get back on by Friday everyone be safe.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 18-May-2005, 11:21 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Congratulations OR!

Glad to see you back Sonee!

Hi Celtic Rose hope your day is going well. Sounds like it is hot there.

Gwenlee, make sure to get pictures huh you lucky thing you!!! I can't wait for the updates on CAD. Just don't get too TRIBALIZED! Have a safe trip!!

Hope you all have a great evening..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Sonee 
Posted: 18-May-2005, 11:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Nebraska

female

It's good to be back!! I've really missed you all this last month!! It's amazing what good friends can do for a persons outlook!!

It's very hot in Nebraska, I can tell you that Rindy!! It's currently 80 degrees in my house!! I just can't make myself turn on the air yet!! Too expensive!!

I went out golfing last Saturday and managed to sunburn the top of my head (along the part in my hair) my forehead and my nose. I am just now starting to peel! (after my nose blistered, of course!) and my head itches something fierce!! Hopefully I learned my lesson and next time I take a hat!! (but that remains to be seen, I'm quite the scatterbrain!!)

Hope everyone is having a good week so far, and I hope to catch up with all of you in time!! Take care all!!

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt