gwenlee 
Posted: 16-Oct-2007, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Gwyn-So far we have no odd smell to our water. We are trying to conserve. I haven't done any fall planting, the horse pasture is crunchy dry and the drive way is dusty. The city of Cartersville is sending automatic phone messages to remind us of of the level 4 water restrictions.

JPM most of us have made a mistake with our checking account and it can bite.

Haynes9 Do you live on a reservation? At one time I had thought about working at one of the reservations around Gallup. I still have thought about it at times. Oh I am an RN so it would be in a hospital. But I haven't looked into for some time. I still think about it at times. My brother-in-law is Native America from Washington State.

Well I better sign off. I go back to Stone Mountain tomorrow.

Gwenlee
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
haynes9 
Posted: 16-Oct-2007, 09:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

QUOTE (Robert Phoenix @ 16-Oct-2007, 08:00 PM)
Good luck with the tribe Haynes9. Must be interesting to sit through one of those meetings. Hope your mission site goes through okay. Did you by any chance know a nun named Sister Jackie. I think she was working out your way but that was a few years back.

Don't know her, Robert, but that doesn't mean anything. There are quite a few nuns in St. Michael's and in Gallup, there is a group with Mother Theresa's order. I may have seen her and not known her.

We'll keep plugging away with the Tribe. Kind of an ongoing process.

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 16-Oct-2007, 09:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

You probably won't see her now. She died a couple years back. She ran our Catholic Grade School for years before she moved to Arizona to work with the children from some of the tribes. Good woman and a great nun and educator.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 17-Oct-2007, 05:03 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been delinquent posting here! I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off the past few days and haven't had a chance to access the internet. I'm here at the library now, checking my email, catching up on my message boards and listening to my iPod walkman.gif . Music devices are allowed as long as we use headphones and keep it to a respectable level.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
gwenlee 
Posted: 17-Oct-2007, 08:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

I had another enjoyable day helping at Stone Mountain. Everything is really coming together. I have really enjoyed helping fix lunch and passing out snacks this past week. I have baked a pineapple upside down cake for tomorrow. I hope I can keep my family out of it. I have also been packing up for the weekend. My pop up is hooked up to the truck and all I have to do is pack the goods. It is suppose to rain some time tonight, but the weather will be wonderful this weekend.

My daughter with MS is doing better. She hates not being able to drive, but she understands why she can't. She has to wait for about 6 months from her last seizure before she can resume driving.

CR, Rindy, hello to both of you. I hope you have been doing well.

Well I have to go

TTFN

gwenlee
gwenlee 
Posted: 18-Oct-2007, 06:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Just a quick hello to everyone. I have to finish up packing and straighten up the house. I am so looking forward to the weekend.

We have had some rain today, and we are suppose to have some tonight but the weekend will be beautiful.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Gwenlee
gwenlee 
Posted: 19-Oct-2007, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

OFF TO THE STONE MOUNTAIN GAMES. HOPE THOSE OF YOU WHO CAN COME.

BE BACK NEXT WEEK

GWENLEE biggrin.gif
MDF3530 
  Posted: 19-Oct-2007, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

male

Hey everyone!

I'm using the internet at my library again.

What a turnaround we've had in weather the past two days ohmy.gif ! Yesterday I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, and today I'm wearing jeans and a hoodie ohmy.gif ! We had some severe weather in the area last night that woke me up, which is saying something because I'm normally a deep sleeper!

I was out at my parents' yesterday, delivering some bread and eggs I'd purchased for them (the eggs were $0.79 at the one of the grocery stores by me biggrin.gif ). On my way home, I got some great pictures. I stopped at one of the county forest preserves and took some pictures of the leaves changing color. I also got an excellent one of a rainbow.
DesertRose 
Posted: 19-Oct-2007, 08:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Greetings everyone!

Sheesh! Where do I start? It would take a novel me thinks. LOL

Basically, I have been pretty busy with research, photography, my 18thc re-enactment group and whatever else life has handed my way. I had my MIL visiting in my home for a week. She was a joy in many ways to have for a visit, but I got absolutely nothing done while she was here. That means 400 emails now to catch up on from the past two weeks alone! ohmy.gif

Weather is getting cooler here in Arizona and much more enjoyable outdoors! Yay!

You all be safe and take care.

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
gwenlee 
Posted: 22-Oct-2007, 01:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Well I'm home from Stone Mountain. I had a lot of fun. I danced the whole weekend. The weather was great. It rained just a little on Friday and the rest of the weekend was just beautiful. Gwyn-I missed seeing you, so I guess we will make some other plans to meet.

I had to break up camp in the rain this morning. I hate packing up in the rain, but we are in such need of a good soaking plus some.

CR I have a lot to catch up on too. So with that I'll go and get started.

TTFN

Gwenlee
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 22-Oct-2007, 04:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

Hey Celtic Rose, you sound like me, I haven't had time to myself at all until today sad.gif

Just popped in to say Hello to all of you. Between work, my school and the kids, I lucky to get any sleep let alone visit this wonderful site! Hopefully things will calm down now that it seems to be getting cooler out.

Hope you all are doing well!
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 23-Oct-2007, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

Gwenlee - sorry I didn't get together with you this weekend at Stone Mountain. Where was the Robertson tent? I looked for it, but for some odd reason, I never found it! Weird! We had several of our youth and young career kids from church that we were trying to "herd" around the place on Saturday. I felt like I should enter them in the sheep dog demo! Freddie and I had to help out at the Clan Donald tent some on both Saturday and Sunday and on Sunday we had to help out at the Ulster-Scots Society tent! Then we were at the Fiddlers tent making some music. Everytime I walked by the Scottish Country Dancing tent, I either saw mostly men or y'all were dancing. Anyway, we had a great time this past weekend. I did pick up a dress from a vendor that I wore on Sunday. It's something different from my tartan clothes. Call me sometime when you're free and have a minute.
Jennie

--------------------
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.""
Psalm 91:1-2

"Be what you would seem to be--or, if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." from "Alice in Wonderland"
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 23-Oct-2007, 08:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Gwyn-WE probably saw each other and didn't realize it. I danced most of the time. I was in my Robertson red kilt both days. I think I was the only female in a kilt. I visited the Ulster Scot tent and I joined. The Donnachaidh tent was in the back near Alex Beatons platform, we were number 19 across from the port a potties. I had a great time. I went to the Scottish Country dancing gala on Friday, and to the Tartan Ball on Saturday. I worked all week with the set up with a wonderful group of people, and then helped with break down Sunday night. Did you see the ladies restroom up from the highland dancers? A very sweet and talented young lady did the decorating. I told folks not only are we the friendly games we now will be known as have the most beautiful ladies restrooms. Some of the guys during set up took a peek and asked if we were going to do the mens restroom. I told them no because the men wouldn't appreciate the decor.

I'll call and set up a time to get with you.

TTFN
Gwenlee
MDF3530 
  Posted: 26-Oct-2007, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

male

Hello everyone!

I'm here at the library, using the internet again!

I was over at my parents' house earlier today to drop off my air conditioner. I don't think I'm going to need it again this year, so I'm storing it in their garage. I have no room to store it at my apartment. I'd forgotten how heavy that sucker was sweatdrop.gif ! I guess I should be glad I was carrying it downstairs to my car, going with gravity. I remember when I purchased it how I was sucking air after lugging it up two flights of stairs ohmy.gif . When I bring it back, I may borrow my parents' hand truck to carry it.

I got some great pictures of foliage on my way from my parents' house to the library. I will post them on my Flickr page this weekend.
MDF3530 
Posted: 28-Oct-2007, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

male

Here are the pictures...

http://flickr.com/photos/mdf3530/
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt