Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello everyone!!!

I'm here at my parents' house, doing laundry and using the internet. Later on, I will be watching the Chicago Bears-New York Giants game on TV (yes, I am a Bears fan and yes, I'm wearing a Brian Urlacher jersey).

I was so bored last night that just to be doing something, I put up my 4' tabletop Christmas tree and icicle lights in my window. Last year, I bought all my Christmas stuff from different places. The tree came from Menards, the lights (both tree and icicle) from Home Depot, the ornaments from Target and the skirt from Kmart (not a Martha Stewart one though-I looked at all of Martha's and didn't like any of them). I put 200 white lights on my tree because I wanted the tree and the icicle lights to match and I hate the colored icicle lights. After I got the tree lighted, but before I put the ornaments on, I went outside and across the street to make sure I got it perfectly centered.

The topper is a star I'll never get rid of. I made it when I was in the YMCA's Indian Guides back when I was about six or seven, so it has sentimental value.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 13-Nov-2006, 09:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

G'morning everyone,

Gosh, I can't believe how the time goes...I've missed being here. Been tring to catch up. Sounds like everyone here has been busy and with the holiday season upon us, it's just going to get busier.

We are heading to Michigan on Friday for 10 days to visit family and friends and will spend Thanksgiving day at hubby's sister's. We will be home for a week then off to Gatlinburg for four days with the five grandchildren for our annual preChristmas trip.

BGL smile.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
gwen 
Posted: 13-Nov-2006, 11:38 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Utah

female

hello all...just returned from eight days in California. did the Disneyland thing with the kids and had a blast. it's good to be home, though. the air is clean and the snow is falling!

--------------------
warm heart, warm hearth
bring me to thee-
out of the world's bluster and bite.
i'll hold my children
in a place soft and light,
and welcome the wanderer
that knocks at my door.
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 13-Nov-2006, 10:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Hello all! So good to hear from y'all!

all is going well here. We are leaving next Wednesday for CA to spend Thanksgiving with my sister and friends. Looking very forward to that.

It has been very busy for us all around here, but all is well. Temps are starting to get much cooler now, which we love.

Trying to do my Christmas shopping and get that all done. I will put up my tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. I like it all to last as long as it can. I just hate putting on the lights! Argh! Takes me forever!

Much hugs and love to y'all!

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 13-Nov-2006, 11:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Oh, Disneyland. I haven't been out there since 1988. I am so jealous. If you ever go back out there or to Florida go to Universal Studios and go on the Spiderman ride. Best one ever and I have been on most of them-both CA and FL.

As for myself and my family the only real news is that the high holy days of the forest (as our priest calls them) or hunting season start up here pretty soon. My wife actually got her first one of the season last night. Next year though I think I'll have her use a gun instead of the front end of the car. Wife-okay, deer (one of the three that decided to cross) has assumed room temperature. Car still driveable but in need of some front end repair. And all I got to do this weekend was watch the entire 1994 Fantastic Four movie on Youtube and work on reseach papers. So how is your week going?

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 13-Nov-2006, 11:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Hopefully a little slower than last week. I picked up daughter #2 from the home of daughter #1 today. That required about 7 hours of driving, but we were glad to help my daughter after the birth of our grandson. The week shapes up to be busy, but not as intense as last week turned out to be.

We are still trying to arrange a central meeting place for the family Christmas gathering. Anyone have unique or special plans for the upcoming holiday season?

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
Keltic 
Posted: 14-Nov-2006, 12:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario Canada

male

Hey all,

Been a while since I've posted in here. Just got through a couple of crazy weeks. I had a jiu jitsu competition yesterday and have been spending about a month dropping weight to get to down to my weight category. I made it with about a week to spare when the stomach flu hit the family. In two days, I dropped 10 lbs and a lot of strength. I managed to pack on 6 pounds in the three days before the tournament but didn't have all of my strength. I won my first fight and was well on my way to winning the second when I got caught in an armbar. Anyways, got back this morning at 2:00 a.m. from the tourney, got some sleep and woke up to my daughters 15th birthday. I brought her to her first big concert. Just so happened that her favourite band, Three Days Grace was playing on her birthday along with Theory of a Deadman and Mobile. Nothing better than seeing the excitement in your childrens eyes when they reach another milestone in life. Anyways, just got back from the concert and I have rings to make in the morning so I should get some sleep.

g'nite all

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
ballydun 
Posted: 14-Nov-2006, 01:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

I can't believe how long it's been since I've visited CR.net!
My week-end was pretty good...Alan and the girls got all dressed up on Saturday night for the annual Girl Scout Father/Daughter dance. I hope that I'll be able to post pictures. They decided to "Cowboy up" this year and wear boots, hats, etc. They were soooo cute!
While they were at the dance my Mom and I went to a nice Irish pub for dinner and then went to see Dervish! I was so blown away by the talent in that group!! Wow. It was nice to see my Mom have a good time and not be stuck in the house. She doesn't seem to go out much since Dad died. I think this may be a big step for her.

Our holidays will be pretty typical this year... Thanksgiving at the in-laws and Christmas at my Mom's. It's been the same basic arrangement sice we were married. Very nice to not have to visit everyone and rush from one to the other. My parents would usually stop by my in-laws for dessert and chit chat after dinner. I'm so glad that our families get along so well.

I hope everyone stays safe and has a great week!
God Bless and beer_mug.gif

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
marti64 
Posted: 14-Nov-2006, 05:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

How is everyone doing? Everyone sounds busy!!!!!
My Holidays are gonna be wuiet, I can tell....I will go to my parent's on christmas eve, 'cause that is jsut expected. I am working Christmas Day. Thsi will be the first time in a very long time that I will have to work.....but, with my husband gone, and the fact that I don't want to spend it with his family(LLLOOOONNNGGG Story, can't explain) I will work, and get some extra money to spend!!! ON ME!!!!!!!!
I hope that I can decorate a new apartment the way that I want for Christmas!!!!!!!!!! and not worry about where to put my stuff......
MArti

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 14-Nov-2006, 06:47 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Marti, I kinda have an idea of what you're going through. Last year was my first solo Christmas with me moving out on my own. I bought a 4' tabletop tree from Menards for $10. I suggest you look around for a small artificial tree (I think it'd be fair to assume that real trees are prohibited in your lease because of the fire hazard). Go to all the Lowe's/Home Depot/Menards stores, as well as KMart/Wal-Mart/Target and any local lawn & garden stores.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 16-Nov-2006, 01:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

I think I forgot to add that this 3-day weekend, Friday through Sunday, I will be partcipating in the American Revolution re-enactment. We have a huge American Heritage festival here that covers from the bronze age to WWII. But I will be in the RevWar group. Hope to take lots of photos!

Y'all take care!
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 16-Nov-2006, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Hi all,

CR...hope you have a great time at the festival. Be looking for those pictures!

Marti..good to hear from you. Just think of the after Christmas bargains you can get for yourself with your extra money. Shopping..shopping..shopping!!! tongue.gif

ballydun..sounds like you had a great time with your mom. How nice for your hubby and daughters to beable to enjoy time together. Kids grow up so darn fast!!

Keltic..congrats on doing well in your competition! I love to hear of fathers and daughters enjoying time together. So many father's don't realize how important they are their children. My dad was my first hero and I cherish my memories of him.

haynes..boy, this thread is filled with father/daughter togetherness. How wonderful! My daughter just turned 31 and she still wraps her "daddy" around her little finger. Course, now our daughter-in-law does the same thing. Not to mention the two granddaughters. My husband loves it!!! biggrin.gif

Roberto..those pesty creatures just seem to pop out of nowhere, don't they? smile.gif My daughter had the same experience as your wife.

gwen..what happy memories you all made on your trip to California. Never been to Disneyland but have been to Walt Disney World in Orlando. he family is planning a week trip to Florida next October. Hope to take in Walt Disney World while we are there.

Mike..sounds like you have a great idea with your holiday decorations.

Hubby and I are heading to Michigan tomorrow for 10 days to visit family and friends. Heard it was very COLD up there. Had to get our snowboots out.

Hope everyone has a safe and.... Happy Thanksgiving!!

BGL smile.gif

PMEmail Poster               
ballydun 
Posted: 16-Nov-2006, 06:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

I can't beleive how fast the year has flown by! It seems like only a few weeks ago was Christmas, and it is already almost here again!

I was messin' with my MySpace and couldn't figure out how to put the Highlander Radio logo thingie on it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm so not computer literate. Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend with the family. Hope everyone else has a great weekend and Stay Safe!!!

beer_mug.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Senara 
Posted: 18-Nov-2006, 07:46 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

Good morning everyone...well, last week's snows have melted and the November gales are blowing. Hunters are lurking the woods looking for that trophy buck this morning...and where am I? In the office of course!

I can't beleive how busy things have been here at work lately. With holidays and such on the horizon I've been asked by everyone it seems to cover their work load. I still can't even get to mine. *shrugs* not much I can do about it though...stuff has to get done.

Haven't really done anything fun lately...been to busy working. Might try to see Happy Feet this weekend, but I'm thinking the theatres are going to be packed. We'll see though. Hope everyone is doing well and that you all have a safe Thanksgiving weekend.

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chir drn a thoirt an aghaidh pig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is cel.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
crazykiltedcelt 
Posted: 18-Nov-2006, 03:56 PM
Quote Post

LOCH MOY
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: utah

male

Hi all Crazykiltedcelt kilts is in business has of today I just got my first order for a kilt for a coworkers son I let them pick out the fabric its solid black. the only problem it is thin so I will need the line it or double over the cloth to keep it from fling in the wind when he wears it. He's a golfer and plan to wear it on the course.
I've been waiting for this order for a month and they want it by Christrmas. They got to me just in time so I'll be busy on my days off for the couple of weeks. The kilt will be a 4yard box pleat with slot side and patch back pockets. the fabric is very nice looking just a little worry about weight of it. Hope all goes well with it. my skills are improving with each new one I make. wish me luck! smile.gif

--------------------
shout freedom and loose the legs of woe

A man in a kilt is a man & an halve
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt