> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
Bookmark and Share
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 27-Oct-2006, 11:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Tonight is the end of an era for my family. It is the last football game of the year for my son, the senior in HS. There will probably be no playoff appearances this year. They lost one too many games.
My oldest started playing in 7th grade, nine years ago and tonight is the last time one of the Moore boys will be wearing the school colors on the gridiron. We are sad, but life moves on. Unfortunately it is raining. Real yucky out.
If I ever figure out how to post photos to my gallery, I'll place some of my shots there. (Rindy has tried to help me, but I have not had time to go back and try again).
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 27-Oct-2006, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello all!

I'm over at the library right now. I went to a job fair today and left several copies of my resume with prospective employers.

I was wearing my glasses today at the job fair because I thought they'd look more dressy, and one of the stems broke! I guess I'll have to get it fixed over at Pearle Vision. I told my parents about it and they said we'd have to discuss it on Sunday.

I watched "Superman" with Christopher Reeve for the first time on DVD last night (I've seen it before, just never on DVD). I gotta say that Superman is still my favorite superhero.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Senara 
Posted: 28-Oct-2006, 06:47 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 27-Oct-2006, 11:13 AM)
Tonight is the end of an era for my family. It is the last football game of the year for my son, the senior in HS. There will probably be no playoff appearances this year. They lost one too many games.
My oldest started playing in 7th grade, nine years ago and tonight is the last time one of the Moore boys will be wearing the school colors on the gridiron. We are sad, but life moves on. Unfortunately it is raining. Real yucky out.
If I ever figure out how to post photos to my gallery, I'll place some of my shots there. (Rindy has tried to help me, but I have not had time to go back and try again).

Sorry to hear about the lousy weather for the game....but hey....there's lots of us Moore's out here...so you're bound to see the name on some roster in just about any high school. Now granted it may be not one of your boys...but it is a Moore all the same... wink.gif

Hope to see those pictures soon too....

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chir drn a thoirt an aghaidh pig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is cel.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 29-Oct-2006, 02:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Hello all!

Mike! I wish you all the best on your job search. Keep us posted, ok?

JP, sorry to hear about the end of the game for your guys. It must be very disappointing.Will your son play football in college?

ballydun! I so want to live in NM! I have always loved that state and all the more after we toured there in June this year. But I so love AZ too. I love the weather, open spaces, saguaro cacti. But I am wanting to live in NM now. I am currently drawing a photo I took of a wild rose. I will have to show you to have you tell me what kind of flower this is. I photographed it on the side of the road. I so LOVE NM. Do you not have snakes, scorpions and wolf spiders?

gwenlee, so you were at the Stone Mtn games, eh? I know SB wanted to be there very badly but could not. How are things with you? I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she will feel better soon. My niece who has MS is only 32 and is having a major set back and can only get up for an hour during the whole day! She had to quit her job as she can no longer work. It is very heartbreaking, isn't it? I told told you her brother had a heart attack, but he seems to be doing very well at this time. gosh! I could tell you more but I will just say this that my family in GA are not doing very well.

gypseyreyne! My gosh! I feel so badly for you and the loss of your job. What a crappy thing they did to you............but now we need to think positive. Sorry...it totally ticked me off! I firmly believe that when things end that all the better things come your way. so hope in that and keep us posted on you, ok?

Wishing you all the very best.

Now about me! LOL all is well here. I have had this very nasty head and chest cold for the past two weeks. I got very depressed cause it just didn't want to go away. I spoke to others who had the same thing and it took them that long to get over it. I thought I would go insane! LOL I am 100% better now.

We are experiencing much cooler temps and it is so wonderful taking my dogs on morning walks. They love it! We have a busy November ahead of us. There is a Celtic festival the 4th of November I hope to attend. Then the 17-19th I will be participating in an American RevWar re-enactment. Looking very forward to that.

I discovered itunes and have been downloading music. The problem is that I can't figure out how to make CDs from the songs I have downloaded! I am such a dweeb! All else goes well.

Speak to y'all soon!

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 29-Oct-2006, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

male

Hello everyone!

I'm over at my folks' house right now, doing laundry and using the internet.

I borrowed a couple of movies from the library and watched them this weekend. "Superman" (the original with Christopher Reeve) and "Tristan & Isolde", which was a good show. Both James Franco and Sophia Myles did star turns in that movie.
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 29-Oct-2006, 10:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Huzzah!! Havin a great weekend. Good Luck seems to be finally rolling my way. I was browsing through some U.P. of Michigan ancestry websites and somehow manage to link to the 1837 link and found my great-great-great grandfather Thomas Kelley from England. and confirmation on the location for my 4Xgreat grandmother Emma Solomon from Cornwall(1849). Getting further down that road.

Then after seeing that HR was down I checked back later and everything was working on my end. I've been unable to get HR since the beginning of Sept and had to download the free version of the player. Now for no reason whatsoever everything works as it did before. Mac, I don't know what happen today but THANK YOU!! walkman.gif

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 30-Oct-2006, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

The game last friday night was a real disapointment. Our team lost, in a real messy mud bowl. It rained all day before the game. My son played his heart out to no avail. We are proud of him and his teamates.
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 31-Oct-2006, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi everyone. I've just finished up a 4 day stretch, and I am so tired. My daughter with MS has had a relapse. So she is getting steroids for 3 days. Her boyfriend took her to the doctor. This is his first experience with MS and he told her yesterday that he was going to marry her. The MS doesn't bother him at all. He told her he she is getting a ring for Christmas. I think that is so sweet. I guess he didn't want her to think that he was frighten about her condition.

Cheyenne is having a birthday party this weekend. She sent out 8 invitation and have 8 yeses I will be there. Oh boy 8 very loud girls. I think I'll retreat to the camper with my dogs and hubby.

CR I had a very nice time at the Stone Mountain Games. I worked for most of the week with set up. Danced all weekend. Then Sunday night me, Aaron (my son) and Cheyenne stayed for the breakdown. We had a lot of fun, they fed us pizza and we got a T-shirt. Aaron spent the day with the bands and is writing a paper for his music class about them. He is not a big fan of bagpipes so I found it very funny that he spent the day listening to them. He told me Sunday morning he went to sleep still hearing the pipes in his head. I didn't tell him that the pipes weren't in his head, we had several pipers playing at the campground that night and all of them were play until about midnight.

SB I missed seeing you, but I know you need to get the job done. Hopefully I can go to your studio. I'm looking for something for my house.

Have a safe Halloween. TRICK or TREAT

Gwenlee

MDF3530 
  Posted: 31-Oct-2006, 04:32 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

male

Hello everyone!

I'm here at my folks' house right now, ready to answer the door for the trick-or-treaters. I hope to see my sister's kids in their costumes. Megan is gonna be a punk rocker, Jay is gonna be a Power Ranger, and Amy is going as Cinderella. Here's who their Uncle Mike is going to answer the door as:

user posted image

I already have several hoodies (though none of them zip-ups) and I had to buy a new pair of sunglasses (not the aviators though-I like them, but they don't look good on me).
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 02-Nov-2006, 12:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Bit more luck headed our way this week. My street is set up so there is my house, my driveway, a telephone pole between the sidewalk and the road, then empty lot, second driveway, and finally the neighbors' house. Monday night my wife suggested that I take the day off so we could shop in Duluth. Normally this is tempting but something told me I should go to work and I did. If had gone my daughters' car would have been parked in the first driveway and my car in the second. My wife had gone out of town with the daughter and the oldest now had her car since his broke down and was at the garage. Around 10:30 I get a call at work from my youngest. A gentleman had a heart attack while driving down our road. He (and his car of course) went up on the sidewalk missed the huge pine tree in front of our house, crossed over the first driveway, missed the telephone pole, crossed the empty lot and our second driveway, and then crash into and completly sheared off the front poarch of our neighbors vacation house. My youngest, home sick from school, was inside with a friend of his. They rushed outside, saw what was happenening and found that the car doors were locked. The poor guy was aready purple and blue in the face so my kid ran back inside, grabbed a golf club and smashed out the back window of the car. Crawling inside he got the doors unlocked and they were starting to help the guy just as the police pulled up and they started giving CPR. The guy was rushed to Duluth and is still in critical condition but alive. My kid and his buddy both get a write up in the paper tomorrow. Cops said he did a good job. But I can't help but stop to think what would have happened if we had gone up to Duluth. Both driveways would have had cars parked in them and he was probably going fast enough to have wiped out both of them. So prayers for this poor guy and lets hope he recovers. And I hope the good luck seems to keep rollng my way. And how has your week been?
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 02-Nov-2006, 08:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

wow, you all were lucky that he didn't end up in your house! But kudos to your son and his friend for starting CPR. I think that that should be required at school, even though here it is not! Anyway, you must be proud of him for his actions biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 02-Nov-2006, 03:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Goin' to Chicago tomorrow! I have a 6 am flight... sad.gif
Sorry I don't have time to see MDF. That woulda been fun! I will be in a meeting all day, then flying back home that night. Return flight is in first class !! thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
LORD RHYS 
Posted: 02-Nov-2006, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: NEW PORT RICHEY FL

male

QUOTE (Roberto Phoenix @ 02-Nov-2006, 12:44 AM)
Bit more luck headed our way this week.  My street is set up so there is my house, my driveway, a telephone pole between the sidewalk and the road,  then empty lot, second driveway, and finally the neighbors' house.  Monday night my wife suggested that I take the day off so we could shop in Duluth. Normally this is tempting but something told me I should go to work and I did.  If had gone my daughters' car would have been parked in the first driveway and my car in the second. My wife had gone out of town with the daughter and the oldest now had her car since his broke down and was at the garage. Around 10:30 I get a call at work from my youngest.  A gentleman had a heart attack while driving down our road.  He (and his car of course) went up on the sidewalk missed the huge pine tree in front of our house, crossed over the first driveway, missed the telephone pole,  crossed the empty lot and our second driveway, and then crash into and completly sheared off the front poarch of our neighbors vacation house.  My youngest, home sick from school, was inside with a friend of his.  They rushed outside, saw what was happenening and found that the car doors were locked.  The poor guy was aready purple and blue in the face so my kid ran back inside, grabbed a golf club and smashed out the back window of the car.  Crawling inside he got the doors unlocked and they were starting to help the guy just as the police pulled up and they started giving CPR.  The guy was rushed to Duluth and is still in critical condition but alive. My kid and his buddy both get a write up in the paper tomorrow.  Cops said he did a good job.  But I can't help but stop to think what would have happened if we had gone up to Duluth.  Both driveways would have had cars parked in them and he was probably going fast enough to have wiped out both of them.  So prayers for this poor guy and lets hope he recovers.  And I hope the good luck seems to keep rollng my way.  And how has your week been?

You going to do anything for your son as a reward.. My kudos to a fine young man who did what alot would not do he has a Dads thats a great influence thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
"True conformity to the dictates of nature requires reverence for the past and solicitude for the future. 'Nature' is not simply the sensation of the passing moment; it is eternal, though we evanescent men experience only a fragment of it. We have no right to imperil the happiness of posterity by impudently tinkering with the heritage of humanity."

"Every right is married to a duty, every freedom owns a corresponding responsibility. There cannot be genuine freedom unless there exists also genuine order in the moral realm and in the social realm."
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 03-Nov-2006, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 31-Oct-2006, 09:31 AM)
My daughter with MS has had a relapse. So she is getting steroids for 3 days. Her boyfriend took her to the doctor. This is his first experience with MS and he told her yesterday that he was going to marry her....

SB I missed seeing you, but I know you need to get the job done. Hopefully I can go to your studio. I'm looking for something for my house...

That is so wonderful to hear your daughter's boyfriend wants to marry her!! How sweet!
sad.gif I sure missed attending the Highland Games this year, it just didn't seem like October without it. We had such a blast last year, it was my first time to see Alasdair Fraser perform and he sure is a talented fellow. I got a CD but its packed away somewhere now and I have no idea where - goodness me I wonder if we'll EVER find everything! I still don't know where my sweatshirts are, guess I'll have to borrow some of hubbys... wink.gif

We are making such slow progress with our barn-building, its agonizing. And now with the time change, it gets dark about 6:30 when my husband gets home! We used to work a lot outside and not even come in for dinner until 7:30 or 8. But last evening, we bought our first generator and I think that's going to help a lot. It's gasoline powered, and will light up whatever Reid is working on even when darkness falls. Our house is totally electric, and even the well is operated by an electric pump, so if we lose power we're not only in the dark and cold, but we have no water too! The generator will save our butts this winter, I bet.

Roberto, that is an astonishing story. Your son is quite the hero! We're all proud of him here.

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 03-Nov-2006, 09:43 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone. Seems like this is harder and harder to catch up on. ITs great to see everyone.

JP, sorry they lost the game and that it was muddy too. Hey if all else fails email me the picstures and I can try and put them on for you.

Mike good luck with your job search. Too bad your glasses broke-never fails huh?

So sorry gypseprene let us know how your doing.

Celtic Rose, sorry to hear about your cold. Seems I am trying to catch one. WE have had some really bad stomach yuck going on. "I haven't managed to get it yet " knock on wood. Hey if your not to busy get some pics of your American Rev. Re-enactment. I tunes huh, gee I suppose I am going to have to break down and get me one of thos i pod thingies and learn how to use it.. Hate changing things specially when it comes to my love of music.lol...

Hello LORD RHYS hope all is well with you.

Hi Lady of the Loch- hope your having a wonderful evening.

Hi SB, how are you? I that this time change. When evening rolls around I am so tired.

Bravo Roberto... I am glad your finding all this ancestry stuff. I wish I had the time and know how.

Gwenlee, So sorry to hear of your daughter-gee that must be rough. Tell Cheyenne that crazy lady that lives in that state wishes her the best birthday ever!!! Sounds like a fun party. "Naw go get in with them girls for a wee bit then visit the hubby and the dog.. Have a little bit of fun.

Well I am off to check tour schedules and put them in the calendar so have a great week end also..Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt