TinkersCranberryChild 
  Posted: 27-Oct-2002, 06:46 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: anywhere and everywhere horses are

female

Cran, the horse i've been riding for the past 8 months, left the barn today and went to her new owners' barn.  her owner is one of my friends so she said i could come and see her anytime I wanted to.  I also can take care of her when they go away.  Mombo and I did awesome in the show today!!!!!
abby

--------------------
I love Tinker. He's mine, allll mine! At least, I wish. You are the one who rocks my world! I LOVE YOU TINKER!!
and a Special note to Cran. I love you hun, and you are are awesome! Babe, I miss you, but I will love you forever!!!

It's better to have love and lost then to never have loved at all.

"Life is pain Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something!"-Westley, the princess Bride
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
  Posted: 29-Oct-2002, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

::viking TinkersCranberryChild so nice to hear you are doing so good in the shows.  (d) U GO GIRL!
PMEmail Poster               
TinkersCranberryChild 
Posted: 29-Oct-2002, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

female

okay, trying to put pics on of the show and cran
how do you do it?
I don't have a digital
someone helpppp!!!!
Abby
PMEmail Poster               
Falachaidh 
Posted: 08-Nov-2002, 09:25 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Central Florida

I'm not sure if I actually posted what I have and what I've been used to.. I can get so lost in these forums sometimes..
But here we go ....
When I say our, I mean my mom, dad and me. I grew up with horses and they have always been a part of my life. Instead of pets or just our animals, I always had a closer relationship to them being an only child.. so I considered them my brothers and sister. I have learned so much through them as well.
btw, long story.........

It started with Elwood. A horse my mom exercised in a boarding barn. She was always addicted.. then she got Dillon. Absoarokee's Bold Eagle registered name. Unfortunately, the Absoarokee line has a genetic defect.. metabolic bone disease. She got Dillon at such a young age, it wasn't detected in him. He was beautiful and a rare Appaloosa. He was selected multiple times to represent the Appaloosa breed in shows across the country. He was a dun, with a white butt blanket, black spots, black mane and tail with a black dorsal stripe. I can't remember his face markings, but he was beautiful.. and I'm not a typical appie lover either. By the time he was 2, he was unridable. Mom decided to let him have a good life and not auction him. Guess she knew the butchers would be the only ones to buy him. She showed him in halter classes which he won every time. (local shows). He got to be in so much pain by the time he was 9, it was time to put him down. No one could handle him anymore, and he was becoming dangerous for even mom.. his soul-mate. She cried for days. I believe it was and is the hardest thing she ever had to do in her life.
Dillon was the changing point for her, and the rest of us. She researched and researched anything and everything about horses. She decided she wanted to train herself not liking the way others would beat, hobble and scream at the horses. She wanted a different more effective approach. She studied TTEAM.. works with the neurological pathways of the brain. The horse is capable of learning instead of being beaten into submission. The horse is not afraid either.
We then aquired a TN Walking Horse.. All black. No white anywhere named Go Boy's Little Billy. He was a pistol! On trail, he'd back into traveling cars sideways, he'd spook at a leaf.. in the show-ring, he'd win.. and he only knew how to pace. SOme reason, just couldn't break him of pacing. He was not the horse for mom. So, she decided to parade him. We were in thousands of parades across the country and it was awesome good time! But everytime the fire engines sounded, he'd jump sideways. Mom then aquired her other soul-mate, an Appaloosa with no name.
My "T" Hum Se ("T") is a red roan with a white butt blanket, brown spots and red mane and tail and two crystal blue eyes. We found him in an open field with downed barbed wire, old farm machinery laying around.. broken, bladed and rusted. The only food source was the bare brown grass and the only drinking source was a small pond used to throw the carcasses of the owner's dead horses. "T" was so skinny, you could count every rib on his body. He was in bad shape. Mom wanted a proven sound trail horse. This horse, 7 years old, with no name didn't seem like it. She thought about it and just couldn't leave him there. She bought him for pennies. We still have him and he is the best horse we've ever owned. "T" is unique, and I swear, part human. He's bomb proof. After re-habing him to full health, she began working with him to make him parade-proof. We also aquired a Southwestern American Paint.. Hesa Dream. His paint spots are very large, white and brown, and he has a full white blaze on his face which makes him look gigantic! Both "T" and "Dreamer" are 16.5 hands and inseprable buddies. Dreamer was going to the buthers' auction the next day. I found him. Rather, he found me. Walking through the field of horses, Dreamer and this mule 18 hands docked at my right and left shoulder when I was 15 and wouldn't stop following me. *shrug*.. guess I picked him ;) Both T and Dream went through 'bomb-proofing' training. In parades, as the horses were asked to line up under the Tornado siren for kick-off.. we were the only ones not thrown. I could sleep on Dreamer during a trail ride. We placed 1 year old kids on Dreamer.. and I won a Simon Says Horsey style contest on Dreamer. (Simon says stand on your horse. Simon says walk your horse. Simon says trot your horse. Simon says jump off your horse. Simon says stand underneath the belly of your horse for the count of 5-4-3-2-1.) Dreamer, last year, went to a family of 7 children. He was desperately needed there.
Then came an onslought of breeds through our boarding barns and as years passed, we ended up with a stock quarter horse. She was so stubborn, her and mom butted heads all the time. Fine. We'll breed her! To an Andalusian. Two Azteca babies (Regalo de Lion and Lucera de Plata) came out. The quarter horse went to a local community college where she is admired and loved dearly. (they feed her more hay than the rest of 'em!;)
Mom then got an interest in dressage and 3-day eventing. She has yet to event, but she took Zeus, our Andalusian stallion in the Andalusian Regionals last year and placed 1st in every class.. except one. She came in 2nd. We didn't make Texas for the Nationals :( Oh, that was her first dressage show too! She bought Plata Leon (Zeus) last year. She bred Lucera to Kaifan-- a portuguese andalusian and out came her third Azteca.. ZORRO! well, that's his pet name.
We have grown so much. In the past 5 years, mom has rehabed Thoroughbreds from fractured legs to win races again, to her own babies she rescued from neglect.
I am so proud of her and her babies. Now I want one of my own!!!

--------------------
Dance Life to the Fullest.
PMEmail Poster               
TinkersCranberryChild 
  Posted: 10-Nov-2002, 06:58 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

female

I knida wish I had your life! I walk, talk, sit, stand, eat, drink, and breathe horses 24/7.
brb, gotta go kill one of my friends
Abby
PMEmail Poster               
Falachaidh 
Posted: 11-Nov-2002, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Central Florida

Hah! Actually, now that they're out of state, I kindof miss them. I really tried not to take them for granted, and was very glad and thankful they were in my life for so long... but honestly, I'd rather research and look at pretty pictures.
I need a break!!
::lol
PMEmail Poster               
TinkersCranberryChild 
  Posted: 13-Nov-2002, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

female

lolz.  yeah. it's kinda hard not to take horses for granted. but then when they leave you realize how much you miss them and would give anything for them back again
Abby
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
  Posted: 21-Nov-2002, 06:41 AM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

::viking I just have got to share this.
The other day, Kelly came over early, with winter blankets for Fudge and Winter. We took the girls out, and tried on the blankets. We put Fudge back in the field, but left old Winter out to graze, on the longer grass. Kelly move her Van closer to the side barn, where she keeps her goats. She was cleaning it out, in prep for really cold weather, and a need for thick layer of bedding. Well, Red couldn't see the Van, or Kelly, and thought her gone, as did I. He knew Winter was out, and made all kinds of noise. He made so much noise I thought, I had best go see what was wrong. He would shut up till Winter was back in the pasture. He was just jelouse, that Winter was out.  :p
PMEmail Poster               
TinkersCranberryChild 
Posted: 21-Nov-2002, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

female

silly horsie!
Well, yesterday, I went riding 'cause I have my lesson on wendsday.  I rode this little white pony (he's sooooo adorable! :D ) for a bit, even cantered him.  Then he tried to buck me of, and I told him noooooo.  and then, when I was dismounting, he bucked! It was sooooooo funny.  For my lesson, there is this new buckskin at my barn and he bites.  so I told him that if he bit me again I would bite him back.  He bites again. I bite him.  he gives me this wierd look.  I tack him up and take him down to teh ring.  well, you know, that horse is a totall idiot, and I'm not kidding.  he bites my instructor twice and gets two nice smacks.  I eventually get on him, and he is crazy.  so I stick him in the paddock to buck hims self out, and he bit me, really hard on the shoulder!!!! that hurt like the really firey place.  so I ended up riding this horse named Cinna who is sooooooo sweet and is and awesome jumper!  I was happy. :D  :D  :D
my shoulder still kinda hurts. but hey, that's life!
Life is pain, anyone who says differently is selling something.
wesley, Princess Bride
Abby
PMEmail Poster               
TinkersCranberryChild 
Posted: 03-Apr-2003, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

female

soooooo... long time no posts (in this thread)
Abby.....
PMEmail Poster               
Gerard Bogaard
Posted: 30-Jul-2003, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Hello all:

If there is anyone here with Connemara Ponies I appreciate hearing from you. At the moment we have three, two mares and a stallion.
Best regards,
Gerry Bogaard

Arianrhod 
Posted: 19-Oct-2003, 01:42 PM
Quote Post

Lady of Starlight and Petal

ZodiacVine

Realm: Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands

female

Hullo horse lovers !

Could anyone please tell me why I can not see the pics on these posts ?
I would love to see your babies smile.gif

Any other CT riders out here?
I do 3 day and combined driving ...

Paula

--------------------
Proud member of Clan Mac Roni , CEO of The KDC

The curve is mightier than the sword ...

"He's twitching, because ,
mah axe is embedded in
his nervious system " !
LOTR
PMEmail Poster               
horCgirl583 
  Posted: 26-Oct-2003, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacVine

Realm: Massachusetts

female

horC's RULE!!!! I LOVE HORSES!!!!! My faveorite is a Palimino and/or a Canadien. You?
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt