Quote Post

Queen of the Dancing Horse
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Massachusetts

female

Welcome to Animal Talk!

Hi all you Animal lovers on Celtic radio! Come and join me in Animal talk! A great place for Animal lovers of all kind to just come and talk about their favorite Pets and Animals!

--------------------
Vicky MacArthur
I Am a Scottish Dancer and I am proud of my heritage

Horses and dogs are not my whole life....But they make my life whole!
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 14-Oct-2002, 04:47 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I'm sure we will have a good time talking horse talk. Mombo's coloring looks like Maggie's. Maggie has that white on her face like Mombo. Mombo is a very pretty horse.

Here is Maggie's pedigree since werre talking horse.
Sire...Bret Mahone Dam...Margaret Wave
Sire of Dam...Lightning Wave 2nd Dam...Brown Margaret
Sire of 2nd Dam... Flash Adios

Your dad did a great job with all those new avatars. I'm thinking you had a hand with all the horses. :D

maggiemahone1
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 15-Oct-2002, 02:18 PM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

(d) This is great! Now other topics won't get side tracked with horses, and we can talk about them all we want.
Nice picture, good looking horse; and girl with him, make him look even better.
Mumbo looks a lot like Red, the quarter horse in our yard. You are the perfect person to be in charge of this site, Lassie.
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 16-Oct-2002, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Did you know the only survivor at the Battle of Little Big Horn was a horse named Comanche. He was a Morganbred and belonged to one of Custard's officers named Keogh. He was wounded but was nursed back to health.

I agree with Cabbagehome about you being the perfect person for this topic, Highland Lassie. Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

maggiemahone1
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
Cabbagehome 
  Posted: 17-Oct-2002, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

:) Yep I knew that. Being from out west, that is like hero story told, right along with Smokie, and Silver.  
When we moved to Michigan, my husband was talking about cattle, and how they  would go by horse to bring the cattle into a feeding pasture before a snow. They guy asked, why they didn't just drive a load of feed out.  Hubby said they would love too, but you can't teach a pickup to jump an arroija (sp). "What's an arroija?" the guy asked. "Oh" hubby said, "it is where water draining has cut away the dirt."  "Huh?" the guy asked.  So hubby gave an example by saying, "Well, the Grand Canyon is an arroija."
PMEmail Poster               
Highland Lassie 
Posted: 19-Oct-2002, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

I love this horse talk! Its great , Im gonna t ry to get some of my horse friends from the barn to come! I just got back from the barn , we had a halloween barn party. Also , I visited Mombo I love him so much. Too bad I cant buy him :( . Hmmmm ....... Maybe some day I will buy him if hes still at the barn when I buy a horse. I doubt it though. My friend abby is really sad! Her favorite horse is getting sold! My other friend has her horse Mocha boarded at a diffrent stable and he has been acting up and keeps on bucking her off. So she has decided to sell Mocha and buy cranberry! Abby couldn't stop crying! She loves that horse though and Cranberry loves her so much too. There good for each other. I feel bad for her. Too of my friends just bought horses! they are paints. brumbleberry and Shiloh. Hmmm , It just seems like all of my friends are getting horses , and Abby and I cant get horses. But we Both Dream of having one everyday. I got a cool horse poster that has a horse rearing and , it has a rainbow. It says at the top Believe Your Dreams. It means , to me someday I will get a horse , Just over the rainbow. Hehe. Well gotta run! Hope Yall like this horse chat byes! ::lol
PMEmail Poster               
TinkersCranberryChild 
  Posted: 19-Oct-2002, 09:22 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

Realm: anywhere and everywhere horses are

female

Vick, mombo looks awesome!  I'm looking at horse classifeds right now.   :D  :D I haven't gotten my pics of Cran and I but when i do i'll show them and stick one on here

--------------------
I love Tinker. He's mine, allll mine! At least, I wish. You are the one who rocks my world! I LOVE YOU TINKER!!
and a Special note to Cran. I love you hun, and you are are awesome! Babe, I miss you, but I will love you forever!!!

It's better to have love and lost then to never have loved at all.

"Life is pain Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something!"-Westley, the princess Bride
PMEmail Poster               
Highland Lassie 
Posted: 19-Oct-2002, 09:26 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Welcome TinkersCranberrychild! I like your name! Everyone Tinkerscranberrychild is Abby my friend.  Hope you like the chat Abby! :) Did I mention my dad created everything on Highlander radio abby? Isn't he great to create all this? Hes gonna teach me some computer stuff soon for school! Yeah! :D
PMEmail Poster               
TinkersCranberryChild 
  Posted: 19-Oct-2002, 09:27 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

female

by the way my name is Abby and all I think abotu is horses and I have had 7 horses sold on me or die on me before but my parents are thinking about buying me one next year if we move!!!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D
abby
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 21-Oct-2002, 08:24 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

Welcome TinkersCranberryChild! Nice to meet you.  I have 3 horses in my yard. One is Red, a quarter horse, with a name amile long, that looks like Mumbo. (Mumbo was the name of a black dog, we had when I was a child). Red is very spoiled, he belongs to my daughter-in-law to be Kelly. She has had him since he was 2, he is 26 now. 2 years ago she brought him to our yard, because he was getting shot at, where he was. He had never been seperated from her pony Winter before and took a while calming  down.  One day he got out of the fenced area and was following my then 4 year old granddaughter, who had the water bucket. He just wanted water but it was scareing her and her mother. By the time I got outside to see what was going on, every one was very excited.  I grabbed his halter to take him back to the pasture, and he picked me up off the ground. I just held on, when he saw I wasn't afraid of him, he let me take him back to the pasture, and we were soon able to get him a drink. A Big trough went to the top of the list of things to buy.  After that everyone thought he was a one person horse, but if someone was out side he would call them to bring him treets. Even if it was just to pull a few weeds from the garden for him.
This May my youngest daughter, Thea and I went to look at a pony for granddaughter. There was a rescued cob there that bonded with her. Don't know what happened but the cob didn't want to leave her side. When we had watched the horses come from the pasture to the barn the black one's gait just caught Thea's eye.    So a deal was made, and she was delivered on Thea's birthday. She named her Moca Fudge. Over the months, Fudge has calmed down, & fleshed out.  She is going to have a POA baby, because she had been in the field with the stallion for months, since she had been rescued.
Then a couple of days later, Kelly brought over Winter, who had been injured by an other horse, and then kept seperate, she was very thin and her knees were swollen, from being on a hard area. She would spend all day pacing tring to get back with the other horses. So that put 3 in my yard. We had to fence off a second pasture this summer. We have met the lady who boards her 2 horses and a pony down the road from us.
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 22-Oct-2002, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

Hey, Tinker =) a friend of mine owns a tinker, ridden in Western-style. She bought him as a pinto, when he was 2 1/2 years, but then he grew bigger and broader and he got such curious hair around the hooves....
She went to the guy who sold her Ben and asked, the man phoned the breeder and he said: ben? his name ist Copper of Dane and he is a pure Tinker...
alas he wasn't a stallion anymore at that time.......

He's white with only one black spot on his back and another one at his left back hoof.

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
TinkersCranberryChild 
Posted: 23-Oct-2002, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

female

my Tinker was a Chestnut QH gelding, my age(so he would be 13 now).  He was sooooooo awesome! he would canter and canter and canter.  I swear, he would make a perfect endurance horse.  I loved him sooooo much but he was sold.  He is still the only servivor of a desise where the horse is allergic to Glucose.  he was kinda on the thin side but he was awesome.  his natural canter was an extended one and it was fast, long, and smooth.  gah! this is making me cry!   :(   i'll have to write more later.  I hate homework!
Abby
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
  Posted: 23-Oct-2002, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

Member is Online

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

Wow, there certainly is alot of horse talking going on here!  (d)

I just wanted to welcome TinkersCranberryChild to the Highlander Radio forum!

:D

--------------------
Wallace MacArthur
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network

Imagination is more Important than Knowledge
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 24-Oct-2002, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

Quote (Macfive @ Oct. 23 2002,8:40)
Wow, there certainly is alot of horse talking going on here! (d)

:D

::confused Well lassie said there was and interest, and she could keep up with it. She is doing a great job.
:) Lassie I'm going to answer the question you asked in favorite movie here. You asked, " Cabbagehome do you do boarding at your place? Are those horses yours or at ur barn do you have any horseS?
We don't do boarding, all the horses in my yard belong to family members.  
The first horse I owned, was a pony, called Rover, I bought him not long after I was married, and for $9 at the cattle sale barn. He had some dental problems, and strange cravings, seems he developed a taste for chicken feed.  An old cowboy, who worked at the lumber mill with my hubby, needed a pony for his grand kids. So Rover went to him. He  had enough old wisdome to get him back to health, and Rover loved having his own kids. When we moved to Michigan I got a pony, for my kids. When the city Zoned her out. Hubby didn't fight it.  Now there are 3 in my yard with a baby due next spring. I'm happy, though getting to ride one will be 7th heaven. Fudges traing is coming along.
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 24-Oct-2002, 12:06 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

Quote (maggiemahone1 @ Oct. 16 2002,12:04)
Did you know the only survivor at the Battle of Little Big Horn was a horse named Comanche. He was a Morganbred and belonged to one of Custard's officers named Keogh. He was wounded but was nursed back to health.

maggiemahone1

In reality, there were many Indian survivors of the battle of the Little Big Horn, including Crazy Horse, who had lead his horse solders out of the village, before Custard's troop got there. Custard in his search for political office, didn't wait for the other 2 troops to join him, and attacked a village of just starved men, women and children, he thought. Custard planned an other massacure like Wounded Knee. Crazy Horse knew the troops would come to round up the Indians that had left the reservation, so he posted scouts, and was ready with an ambush.  Men running from the village were able to regroup and attack. Custard troop was caught in the middle, as he had planned for unarmed Indians, to be caught.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt