gwenlee 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi CelticRose I'm in chapter chapter 32 of Into the Wilderness. A friend of mine at work has laid claims to the book when I'm done. Most of us at work are avid readers and we enjoy passing a good book around. One of my friends said that I don't read a book, I inhale it.

It is so neat that you and Siobhan blue are artist. I wish I had that talent, but the good lord chose to grace me with a decent singing voice and a very out going personality. My mom says I never meet a stranger. It is neat we have the same interest. Like the Pow Wows the Celtic festival are becoming very plentiful and some of the events clash so it is hard to go to all these events so I pick and choose.

I'm sorry you have a bad back I know from other it can be quite uncomfortable but do try to watch SCD at the festivals or games, so many of the dances have a story to tell much like the Native American dances do.

Bye the way Rindy how are you coming along in your reading?

Gabby did you get The Immortal Highlander?
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 12:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 22-Feb-2005, 09:01 AM)

Gabby did you get The Immortal Highlander?

sad.gif Still NOT, gwenlee; I have the other books of the series in German translation and so I'm waiting for the "Immortal Highlander" in German also...but it's still not published but can be preordered already. Well, I think it won't take long now until...I'm sooo looking forward to it! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 01:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 20-Feb-2005, 07:11 AM)
CelticRose I do go to the Stone Mountain Games. It is a nice game. It is held in the fall which is nice because GA can be so hot. ...

If your friend comes to the games this year tell her to stop by Clan Donnachaidh's tent and say hello. And if she would like to go to a nice one in the North GA mountains. Blairsville, GA is having a game June 11th. This is their second one and last years was so nice. I'll be there too (dancing and at the tent).

Hey, I've been to the Stone Mountain Highland Games a couple of times over the past 5 or 6 years - never been to the Blairsville games, though, might oughta check that one out. I don't know if my husband will take me back to any Games though because I get so happy at the sight of allllll those kilts... wink.gif

And dig this - my husband is of the Donnachaidh clan!! He is a Reid; it is his mother's maiden name. We spent a lot of time at that tent the first time we went to the games & he was so pleased to find out he has a real Scotland connection!

Siobhan Blues

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
gwenlee 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Siobhan Blue:My husband has no Scottish connection that he knows of but he will go to the games with me. He teases me about wanting to see all the guys in kilts too. Thats neat that your husband is a Reid. You should consider joining us. But please stop by next time you are at a game. This will be the second annual Blairsville Game. It is held in a beautiful area and it is so nice. Of course I'm partial to that area of the state. My parent are from there.

Hey Gabby good things come to those who wait and the book is worth the wait. I think it is the best one of the series. So you are from Germany? I lived there as a teen. My father was stationed at Mannheim.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 03:38 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi SB! Good to see ya here! There is also the Culloden, GA games too. Did you know about that one? I hear it is really good too.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 03:41 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (gaberlunzie @ 22-Feb-2005, 01:39 PM)

Gabby did you get The Immortal  Highlander?

sad.gif Still NOT, gwenlee; I have the other books of the series in German translation and so I'm waiting for the "Immortal Highlander" in German also...but it's still not published but can be preordered already. Well, I think it won't take long now until...I'm sooo looking forward to it! biggrin.gif

Oh Gabby! I didn't realize that you were waiting for it in German version. You always do English so well, I just assumed you read all your books in English too. sorry! Well you will enjoy it muchly when you do finally get it. It was my favorite in the series too.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 03:54 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

It is so neat that you and Siobhan blue are artist. I wish I had that talent, but the good lord chose to grace me with a decent singing voice and a very out going personality. My mom says I never meet a stranger. It is neat we have the same interest. Like the Pow Wows the Celtic festival are becoming very plentiful and some of the events clash so it is hard to go to all these events so I pick and choose.

I'm sorry you have a bad back I know from other it can be quite uncomfortable but do try to watch SCD at the festivals or games, so many of the dances have a story to tell much like the Native American dances do.

Hi gwenlee! I am so happy you and Siobhan got to meet and hopefully you will meet at the booth one day at a Highland game!

I am really enjoying Into the Wilderness a lot! I am only on chapter 10..........sheesh I wish the author had not made the chapters in Roman numerals! Anyway, I heard today that there will be five books altogether in that series! So there is another one coming out soon. This is the order in which they go, btw.

1. Into the Wilderness
2. Dawn on the Distant Shore
3. Lake in the Clouds
4. Fire Along the Sky

It takes me awhile to get through a book, but I eventually get through them. LOL The more I read ITW, I realize that there are no similarities in Diana's and Sara's writing style though. I had always heard there was and at first I thought there might be, but further into the book I realize there really isn't.

I think it is great you can sing! The Lord didn't bless me in that area at all! LOL I agree with you in that the Native American dances all have a story to tell. I didn't realize though that the Highland dancing does too. I do always try to watch the dancing when I am at a game. I try to taste a wee bit of Scottish food too!

Do you wear any Celtic jewelry? I have tons of it and love it all! When I go to the games this weekend, I will probably buying me some more. I am also going to buy a hard back of the Outlander book and get Diana to sign it for me. I hope to eventually have all my hardback books of hers signed! How silly, eh?

yeah, wondering where Rindy is at in the Outlander series by now too!

gwenlee 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 04:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

I agree with you celticrose, the styles are different. The one thing that is alike is the length of the book. But I like the book. I didn't go into it looking for another Outlander series ( as if there could be another)

I do wear celtic jewelry. In fact I've ordered a ring from kelticnation. Can't wait to see it. I also have a fair amount of Native American earrings. A friend of my dads is Native American and when his daughter passed away he gave me a bunch of earings that she had made. I thought at an up coming event in Tunnel Hill GA I will mix my Native American jewelry with my kilt and celtic jewelry. I don't get a chance to wear jewelry often because I'm a high risk pregnancy nurse/labor and delivery and I'm in gloves a lot.

I have 3 of the Outlander series in hard back and I'm working on getting the others in hard back.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 04:38 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

You got a piece of jewelry from kelticnation?! Oh wow! I bet you will love that. One day I would like to order from him too. I really like his work.

I have tons of Native American jewelry from my powwow days and living here in AZ, everybody wears it too. Funny, I never thought of mixing the two. That would be cool. We just had a powwow here in town last weekend. I didn't go as it was raining and when I go I like to photograph and I didn't want to get my camera wet. I want to buy another pair of drop tourquoise earrings though.

Your job sounds very interesting and rewarding. What hospital do you work at?

I worked at both West Paces Ferry Hospital and Crawford Long Hospital in Atlanta for several years. Then went to work at the Atlanta Allergy clinic for 9 years. I was a medical transcriptionist for 20 years. Always worked in the medical field my whole working life of about 30 years doing something. We have a lot in common. smile.gif

You have 3 of the Outlander books in hardback? I only have two. TFC and the Outlandish Companion.
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 22-Feb-2005, 04:35 PM)

Hey Gabby good things come to those who wait and the book is worth the wait. I think it is the best one of the series. So you are from Germany? I lived there as a teen. My father was stationed at Mannheim.

Even better than the "Dark Highlander"? Well, in this case I will try to be patient...
Yes, I'm from Germany, living in a small town situated in the middle between Frankfurt and Koeln (Cologne).
Mannheim isn't too far from here; I know it quite well as I have friends there. So you have seen a bit of my home country. That's great!
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 04:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 22-Feb-2005, 04:41 PM)
QUOTE (gaberlunzie @ 22-Feb-2005, 01:39 PM)

Gabby did you get The Immortal  Highlander?

Oh Gabby! I didn't realize that you were waiting for it in German version. You always do English so well, I just assumed you read all your books in English too. sorry! Well you will enjoy it muchly when you do finally get it. It was my favorite in the series too.

Rose, actually I read many books in English; even buy my favorite ones I had read in German before in English also to read the originals. You know, they always lose a bit in translation. It's been years ago that I bought my first book of Moning's series, so I kept buying them in German later. This is why I now have to learn to be patient...which is not my strongest point... tongue.gif
gwenlee 
Posted: 23-Feb-2005, 06:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

CelticRose I didn't count Outlandish companion, I have that one too. So that is four books I have in hard back

I work at Kennestone Hospital. West paces is closed now, and Crawford Long keeps on growing. I do enjoy my work. Its very fulfilling. You are right we do have a lot in common biggrin.gif

Hello Gabby I know where Frankfurt and Cologne is. I enjoyed my stay in Germany. I got to see and do a lot of things there plus we visited some of the countries around Germany.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 23-Feb-2005, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Now I understand better, Gabby. I didn't realize you read a lot of your books in German. Well like Gwenlee says, it will be worth the wait. What are you reading now?

gwenlee! West Paces Ferry shut down? Wow! That is sad news. Crawford Long is still growing, eh? I worked in pathology when I worked there. I remember Kennestone Hospital very well. My internal med doctor, Thomas Caras, was close to there. He was a wonderful doctor. I wonder if he is still in practice, do you know? Did you know Dr. Christmas, OBGYN? I went to church with him and then his son committed suicide and he left the practice. I wonder what he is up to these days? He was the nicest guy and it was so sad what happened to him and his family. They took it very hard, understandably. We went to Dr. Charles Stanley's church when we lived in Atlanta. We still watch him on TV every weekend. Where do you go?

My Outlandish Companion is signed by Diana. I am going to take TFC this weekend and buy the hardback Outlander to have her sign both of them.

I got to the place in Into The Wilderness where Nathaniel and Elizabeth are planning to wed and elope! wow! How wonderful! But first she has to court that Dr. Todd. She is a very smart gal and witty too! I just love both she and Nathaniel! smile.gif
gwenlee 
Posted: 23-Feb-2005, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

CelticRose--I never met Dr Christmas but I had heard about him. I go to Congregation Beth Hallel in Roswell, GA a messianic congregation (Jewish and non-Jewish believers--Christian). I know who Dr Charles Stanley is and I enjoy listening to him on the radio.

I'm in chapter 33. I haven't been able to read much I had to work the past 2 nights, and I helped put out a news letter for Clan Donnachaidh, plus I have a Scottish Country Dancing event to plan for. I need to make myself a plain color skirt for the event, can't wear the kilt that night, only the guys. We ladies are to wear a skirt, white blouse and our sashes. Oh well--after tonight I'm off for 5 days maybe I'll get some of the things I want done, done.

I saw on the news you may get some rain this weekend--I hope you don't get any. Let us know how the event goes.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 23-Feb-2005, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh, I remember now that you went to a Messianic church. A friend of mine in L.A. goes to one too. I love the Messianic music!

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you in preparing for your dancing event. Will your sash be your clan tartan then?

Yeah, of course! It never rains in Arizona and lately we have been inundated with it. I am hoping this weekend it will stop long enough for me to enjoy the games. Figures it would have to rain. Oh well, will make me feel like I am in Scotland, eh?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]