DesertRose 
Posted: 02-Feb-2007, 11:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Hey all! Here is the recent link on ordering the Claire ring! Here's your chance now. I have truly loved mine! Good luck! Let me know who of you orders one!

http://ivmoores.com/claires_ring/claires_ring.htm

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 03-Feb-2007, 07:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

Yay, (jumping up and down)thank you,thank you, thank you !!! I will check it out asap biggrin.gif smile.gif
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
DesertRose 
Posted: 03-Feb-2007, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh goody, LOTL! Let me know! I honestly wasn't sure if anyone here would have been interested and so glad to see otherwise! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you much luck in getting the ring and that you will be happy once you get it!
gcw57 
  Posted: 04-Feb-2007, 04:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: British Columbia

male

smile.gif Hi folks!

I know I am very late to be putting comments in this thread but I have read most of the series. I picked up a copy of my Mom's one day and just kept reading. I thought Dragonfly, Outlander and Voyager were wonderful stories very well told.

For some reason, Drums of Autumn just lost me. I still haven't finished it, but plan to try again in the future. We have the entire series and maybe when I try to pick it up again, I'll go back to the beginning. There is no question that Diana Gabaldon is a terrific writer.

I hope you don't mind a guys comments, but I believe in reading good books. I don't much care whether you call them romance, mystery, suspence or anything else. A good book deserves to be read!

--------------------
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 04-Feb-2007, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (gcw57 @ 04-Feb-2007, 04:32 AM)
smile.gif Hi folks!

I know I am very late to be putting comments in this thread but I have read most of the series. I picked up a copy of my Mom's one day and just kept reading. I thought Dragonfly, Outlander and Voyager were wonderful stories very well told.

For some reason, Drums of Autumn just lost me. I still haven't finished it, but plan to try again in the future. We have the entire series and maybe when I try to pick it up again, I'll go back to the beginning. There is no question that Diana Gabaldon is a terrific writer.

I hope you don't mind a guys comments, but I believe in reading good books. I don't much care whether you call them romance, mystery, suspence or anything else. A good book deserves to be read!

I really enjoyed them tremendously! I will reread them again when I know the next book is coming out. I don't think it matters if you are a man or woman, to me, she is amazing in reguards to writing biggrin.gif
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 04-Feb-2007, 12:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 03-Feb-2007, 09:06 AM)
Oh goody, LOTL! Let me know! I honestly wasn't sure if anyone here would have been interested and so glad to see otherwise! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you much luck in getting the ring and that you will be happy once you get it!

yeah, I am soooooo excited to order one, just trying to thinking which one I want silver or gold biggrin.gif
DesertRose 
Posted: 05-Feb-2007, 03:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

gcw57, I know several men who read these books! Like you say, a good book is a good book. We were all so happy when Diana was *finally* able to get the book stores to change them from the "romance" section to now "historical fiction," where they really deserve to be.
DesertRose 
Posted: 03-Mar-2007, 02:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all Diana fans. I wanted to share with you some photos I took this past weekend. I am part of the Arizona chapter of Ladies (and gents) of Lallybroch. Because Diana resides in AZ, we were chosen by the National Ladies of Lallybroch to present Herself with one of the stones that are made and purchased in Scotland to help build the new visitor center at Culloden. Hope you enjoy the photos.

Vanity note: The photo of me and Diana is horrendous of me! I had just finished up a weekend of 1745 Jacobite re-enacting at the local Highland games and my allergies were full blown and I look I stuck my head in a bowl of dust! laugh.gif

here are the pics! Enjoy!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome...d=8EZNnDlwxcMrY

Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 03-Mar-2007, 09:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Thanks for sharing those pics! I bet you all had a wonderful time!
DesertRose 
Posted: 03-Mar-2007, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks for taking the time to look and glad you enjoyed! We did have a wonderful time, but the other patrons having dinner seemed a wee bit annoyed. oh well. tongue.gif I had to crop one of the photos cause one of the restaurant patrons insisted on being in our photos and making faces and gestures. Really annoyed me! dry.gif even after I had explained to her and her family what was going on. Oh well. Can't please everyone, eh? I wish we had had our own room, but it wasn't possible in the restaurant we were in . Really excellent food though!
gcw57 
  Posted: 04-Mar-2007, 03:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

biggrin.gif Those are really terrific pictures, CelticRose!

Diana always looks so young and happy in pictures - could she be time travelling or some such?

My sister brought over the latest book for Mom today, so after she's done with my Steve Berry book, I think she's going to be somewhat unavailable in the evenings!
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 06-Mar-2007, 12:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey gcw57! Did you happen to see some men in the photos? Yep! They have all read the books too! Glad you enjoyed the photos. Someone asked me about further information regarding the stone presented to Diana. They wanted to know what it was made of and where it was from. I had the mistaken idea they came from Scotland, but apparently I was very wrong. Here is the info from our fearless leader of the AZ Chapter of Ladies of Lallybroch who tonight gave me this info concerning the stone presented to Diana. I will put her response in quotes.

"It's made of granite and I have no idea where the granite came from. The original (DG's was a duplicate) will be placed in the walkway at the Culloden Visitor Center after the restorations are finished."

Hope that helps clear up some things. smile.gif
gcw57 
  Posted: 08-Mar-2007, 03:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

smile.gif Thanks for the update CelticRose,

That's pretty cool that the original stone will be placed at the Culloden Visitor Center. As terrible a place as that was in history, it's one of the things that I'd most like to visit if I ever get the opportunity to see Scotland. While I'm no expert on anything, the culture & history of places always interests me and I am a museum visitor as well. I like to return home from trips somewhat smarter than when I left.

I did see the men in the pictures! I was just elected publicity person for our Highland Games coming up in June so between that, our medieval dinner and Robbie Burns Night I get the pleasure of hearing the pipe & drum corps several times a year. I much prefer them outside rather than in. biggrin.gif

My nephew kilted up for his wedding last year as did his Dad and a single piper leading them down to the lakeside. Most impressive!

I don't know how long it will take Mom to read the latest book, but I think it's time I tried to get back into the series. Happy days!
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 13-Mar-2007, 12:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Sounds terrific! gcw57! Good on you and your family! Let us know if your family are hooked enough to get autographed books and buy Claire rings! wink.gif biggrin.gif
gcw57 
  Posted: 13-Mar-2007, 03:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

unsure.gif I know I shouldn't ask this, but I'm going to anyway. What would be involved in getting autographed books? That might make a nice gift for either Mom or sister.

laugh.gif Several of my bookcases just groaned!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics , Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt