DesertRose 
Posted: 19-Jan-2006, 07:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Hey Amy! I am in Chapter 14 now. I just can't understand why Jamie would be for the ole King Georgie knowing what that old dude did to the Scots! Ya know?! But this is my first read, so hopefully things will change! wink.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
gwenlee 
Posted: 27-Jan-2006, 06:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

CR: Just keep reading all is not what it seems. I can't say no more.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 30-Jan-2006, 07:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

I hear ya, Gwenlee! wink.gif Thanks!

It is confirmed as of today that our Arizona Ladies of Lallybroch group will be seeing Diana at the local highland games and having lunch with her as well the end of February. This will be my fourth time and I am very excited. The more I get to know about this woman personally, the more respect I have for her. This woman has a lot of class! I am really enjoying ABOSAA!
gwenlee 
Posted: 14-Feb-2006, 08:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

CR have you finished ABOSA yet?
DesertRose 
Posted: 21-Feb-2006, 12:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi gwenlee! How are you? Um.....er.....no I am embarrassed to say I have not finished it yet. I have had to read some historical stuff and then go back and forth to ABOSAA, but what I have read so far I am really loving a lot! I was hoping to have it finished before I saw DG this Saturday, but it ain't gonna happen! EEP

Did you finish it? What did you think? From what I have gathered people have either really loved it or not. Oh well. So far I am really loving it.
connor1985 
Posted: 24-Feb-2006, 10:10 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacIvy

male

just to update all yes i have read the sixth book in fact i own all six and am working on getting two more. i love to read if i had to be honest reading would be my first love (go Galadriel would kill me if she saw this) since i was little i've read anything i could get my hands on. in a way i thinks its helped shape me into the person i am and in a good way i have a much wider view of the world then many people i've met. growing us in school i was always at least three or even at times fours reading grades ahead of my classmates and that was very hard having to read what i thought was a childs book when i was so far ahead. since i have a somewhat of a creative mind i fell in love with science fiction and living in a small city the libaray only has so many books to choose from. i found DG like i said only becuase the FC just came out and i always check the new books first just in case and wondered why the story seemed out of wack well it's becuase i missed the first four. so i read them all and re-read them again and again until i finally bought them all. when the sixth one came out i only caught it by chance at the mall i as just looking around and happened to see DG name and i grabed it and didn't care what the price was going to be i had to have it and see what happened. again i loved the story and now i'm hoping there is going to be another. has anyone heard if there is going to be a seventh? she left the story with a question in my mind saying what happens do roger and bree try to take the kids back to be with claire and jamie or what??? i hate being left hanging it drives me crazy!!! on a side note as i said i love to read and i have started to write my own science fiction book. its not very good becuase i have a low vocabulary. yes its true i have always had a hard time in english (even though i can speak it) and i noticed as i wrote it seemed to childish so i've been at a writers block for the past two years and just can't seem to get going again. what i would give to have a chance to meet DG and perhaps get some thoughts from her and advice. ahhh the road not taken... oh well such is life. good luck to all who are reading and let me know what if any of you want to know more about my writing please let me know.

--------------------
May all your hardships fade away till night becomes morn, may love remain to guide your way... till the day we are reborn.

Untill the day till all are one.

Every man dies, not every man really lives.

PMEmail Poster                
DesertRose 
Posted: 28-Feb-2006, 07:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Connor.. Yes! There is going to be another book, possibly two. Just depends. After she finishes the series she will write a book about Jamie' s parents and then finish off with the final "Outlandish Companion."

Here are some photos from our meeting on Saturday. As you can see, there were about 30 or more with her for breakfast on Saturday...me included in the Jacobite costume. Hope y'all enjoy the photos!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome...d=8EZNnDlwxcMPi
Rindy 
Posted: 28-Feb-2006, 07:43 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

What wonderful photos Celtic Rose. I am glad all of you had such a great time..

Thank you for sharing them..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 02-Mar-2006, 04:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

CR the pictures are great. Lucky you. I really liked ABOSAA and can hardly wait for the next book to come out. I hesitate to discuss the book because of those that have not finished it yet. But as usual the book leaves you hanging.
DesertRose 
Posted: 06-Mar-2006, 05:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks ladies for taking a look at the pics.

Gwenlee, I already know all the spoilers anyway, so you talk all you want to anybody about ABOSAA! biggrin.gif I am on Chapter 21 now. I am such a slow reader! rolleyes.gif Yeah, I know the last chapter leaves you hanging. I read the last chapter first, remember?! laugh.gif cool.gif
LoriCelt 
Posted: 09-Mar-2006, 07:46 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Shores Of Lake Superior

female

OH. . .I am so excited to hear of others who enjoy The Highlander series!! None of my reader friends have delved into her books, yet and there have been so many times when I've wanted to discuss part of one of the books and had no one to turn to!
I discovered the series during last Autumn and I am now about 175 pages from the end of A Breath Of Snow and Ashes. I am trying to read slowly and really digest the last of the book because I know I will be sad when it is all finished!
I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and our winters last for a good 7 months (or more) so it is a blessing to find a really good book series.
Any recommendations for a new book to start when I am finished?
Celtic Rose ~ I am so jealous that you met Diana Gabaldon! I'll bet you were flummoxed. Her imagination is incredible as, I'm sure, is her spirit.

--------------------
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~ Kahlil Gibran
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 15-Mar-2006, 06:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

hey LoriCelt! so great to hear from you! You live in some really beautiful country!

I am so happy to see other DG fans! I am on a mission to get DG on the national news to promote her books and such! I have already contacted "Today" morning show. I have the permission of Diana to do this.

The reason why I am doing this is because she was on our local Phoenix news last Friday night and it was awesome to see her, the environment in which she writes and then us fanatic fans who see her once or twice a year.

I considered Oprah but it appears that Oprah has only certain folks on her show and that is to encourage whatever agenda she has, so I decided against it. But day and night time talk shows, I am contacting them all! biggrin.gif

I love the Highlander series too! Have you read all the books, LoriCelt?
LoriCelt 
Posted: 17-Mar-2006, 02:39 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Shores Of Lake Superior

female

Hello, Celtic Rose!
Happy St. Patty's Day to you. Yes, I am very fortunate to live in a beautiful area. Absolutely love it here. . .Lake Superior and all her moods.
That is incredible to me that you are going to promote her! She is amazingly talented and I am so envious that you have met her. . .although you live in her vicinity. Lucky.
I just finished A Breath Of Snow And Ashes a few days ago. . .I felt like I'd lost part of my family! I couldn't wait to finish it, yet I was trying to read sloooowly and draw it out. Aaaaah.
I just got a friend of mine to start Highlander and she is calling me daily cursing me for all of her dirty dishes, uncooked meals, etc. I told her when I handed it to her that once the took the book into her hands I was not responsible for her "addiction'!
It's good to have others who love the same authors. Thanks so much for sharing. Please let me know if any of the shows have her on! I would love to see her. I've read many of her interviews on her website and she sounds lovely.
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 18-Mar-2006, 03:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Well LoriCelt, Diana plans to come out with one or two more books to the Outlander series, so the story is not over yet! wink.gif We just have to wait a few years! biggrin.gif
DesertRose 
Posted: 09-Aug-2006, 05:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey all! Can't believe it has been this long since I have written in here.

I had the pleasure of seeing and talking with Diana Gabaldon about three weeks ago at our local Highland games. She did a reading from her newest book she is currently writing. I honestly did not hear it as I was in my own camp with the 1745 Jacobites. My friends told me that she now has the ending written about Jamie and Claire and it is locked up in a certain place. So she at least knows now how the series will end. Whether she will have one or two more books after A Breath of Snow and Ashes, she is not sure.

In the meantime, many of us from the Ladies of Lallybroch ordered "Claire" rings. This is the wedding ring that Jamie supposedly had made for Claire with Thistle and celtic love knot. I just ordered mine and plan to wear it like Claire...on the right hand, ring finger. Should get it in about 4-8 weeks! Can hardly wait! Has anybody else ordered this ring for themselves?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt