DesertRose 
Posted: 17-Oct-2005, 12:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

OMG! Gwenlee! You are the only one to admit that you have read the last two chapters too. Aren't we in line to be flogged?1 laugh.gif

I am still reading the fourth book of Into the Wilderness series by Sara Donati and I am really very much enjoying this fourth book and want to finish it first. The prolblem is is that I have all these American history books I have to read too and that is slowing me down. But wow! I will be so excited when I get my hands on ABOSAAA and start reading the actual book, eh?

Hey! I heard that SB and you met at the Highland games! She is coming to visiit me a week from today for a whole week! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gosh! I have not seen her in 7 years! Can you believe that?

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
gwenlee 
Posted: 17-Oct-2005, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

CR-I read the last few chapters to all the books I read. The problem with DG books is you are left hanging and lord knows where she will be going in the next book.

Yes I did meet SB and she is so nice. I think the three of us have a lot in common except I can't draw a stick man. And you two are artist but there is so much more similarities. SB saw me at the dance stage and she called my name. Our hair is similar in color. She has a very nice husband and daughter. SB was very easy to talk to. She didn't feel like a stranger. I hope she and I can get together and have lunch and talk when there isn't so much going on.

You two have fun and I'll get a picture to you of SB and me.

TTFN
Gwenlee
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 17-Oct-2005, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 16-Oct-2005, 07:37 PM)

Gabby, have you finished, ABOSAA yet Wondering what you thought of it. I heard it is a real wild ride!

I have finished the book already and as so many of us still have to read or finish it I won't say much at all...except of that it's a wild ride indeed. Many explanations and quite a few surprises are waiting for the impatient reader.
I always said that it's the first book of the series I love most and I still do...but ABOSAA is a very close follower; enjoyed it immensly!!!

So you couldn't wait and read the last two chapters, eh? Bad bad girl! wink.gif tongue.gif ...But then I have to admit that I was VERY tempted to do the same while I was reading this book. I could resist finally but it almost killed me! laugh.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
DesertRose 
Posted: 22-Oct-2005, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (gaberlunzie @ 17-Oct-2005, 04:19 PM)
I always said that it's the first book of the series I love most and I still do...but ABOSAA is a very close follower; enjoyed it immensly!!!

That's exactly what I keep hearing too! That people love Outlander first and now ABOSAA second. I have only spoken to one person who did not like ABOSAA at all! ohmy.gif

I usually refrain from reading the end of the book first, with the exception of this one. Although been tempted many times! However, when I first started reading Dragonfly in Amber and it started out 20 years later, I was so upset that I skimmed through the book to see if Jamie and Claire were back together at any time. If not, I wasn't going to bother reading it! laugh.gif
Rapunzel5150 
Posted: 22-Nov-2005, 07:54 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

female

For those who don't know A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon did come out on September 27th. My mom got this book FINALLY as a birthday gift, she was so excited as soon as she finished she thrust the book into my hands, literally and told me to hurry up cause she wanted to talk about it, haha. Hurry up... it's as HUGE of a book as her other Outlander ones. Their were quite a few surprises in this book. She did say this one was the last, but I'm sure like she did with Lord John, she could venture into another character. Even her minor ones have more about them than even some major character in other books. Well good luck and happy reading, it was a GREAT book. She's just ruined me for many other authors though, haha.

Leis gach beannachd (with every blessing),

Amy
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 22-Nov-2005, 09:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Amy! Nice to have you here amongst us! If I may be so bold to say that ABOSAA is NOT the last book in the series! There will be at least one or two more. Now how much Jamie and Claire will play a role in those books, I have no idea. I suspect they have to die sometime...boo hooo. When Diana finishes the series, she will do a prequel of Jamie's parents..after that another Outlandish Companion. I am just hoping that Gabaldon doesn't stop there. I hope there will be many more to come. Am I asking too much? Probably! rolleyes.gif wink.gif smile.gif
Keltic 
Posted: 29-Nov-2005, 11:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario Canada

male

Thought you Diana Gabaldon fans (from Arizona especially) might be interested in this:

Saturday, 02/18/2006
Tea with Diana Gabaldon
2:00 PM

Kilted Cat
2640 West Kiltie Lane
Flagstaff, AZ 86001

Tickets: $25

Diana is a native of Flagstaff, and good friend of NACHS. At this annual event, Diana will read from some of her own works, and socialize with guests.

We will continue the traditions of including a silent auction and FANCY HAT CONTEST! If you choose to participate, wear a hat of your choice (you can make it, borrow it, or buy it!) and the winner will certainly leave the party as a "glad hatter".

For tickets, contact Jude McKenzie: 928.556.3161 anytime, or, AFTER JANUARY 1, 2006:

Arizona Music Pro
122 East Route 66
Flagstaff

Please note: tickets must be purchased by January 23, 2006, so we can get an accurate count to the caterer.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
connor1985 
Posted: 30-Nov-2005, 12:00 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacIvy

male

i first found diana by mistake i saw fc (fifth book) and read it and relized that there were other before it. well of course i had to read those and put it all together and i must say for a writer i've never heard of before i fell in love with her writing and with the people in the story. i now have all six books and like others have said i can't wait to see more.

--------------------
May all your hardships fade away till night becomes morn, may love remain to guide your way... till the day we are reborn.

Untill the day till all are one.

Every man dies, not every man really lives.

PMEmail Poster                
DesertRose 
Posted: 03-Dec-2005, 05:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks so much Keltic! I did not know about that event! smile.gif

Connor! You read the fifth book and loved Diana? wow! I had a very hard time reading the fifth book...took me a year to get through that. I am so glad you read the other books and in order! I am sure you enjoyed the story a whole lot better too! wink.gif Have you started on the sixth book, A Breath of Snow and Ashes?
gwenlee 
Posted: 31-Dec-2005, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

I am almost done with ABOSA and to say the least it is sooo verrry good. I can hardly wait for the next book. When will that one be out? I hope sooner than 4 years from now.

My girlfriend at work who I introduced to the books go a signed book compliments of her mother. I am so very jealous. Everyone take care

Gwenlee
DesertRose 
Posted: 03-Jan-2006, 03:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Great! Gwenlee! I am so happy to hear you finished the book!

First I started off with the last two chapters..ahem...then I read the first six chapters and put it down to read another book! I know, it sounds crazy, but some friends of mine decided to do a re-read of it after the first of the year. So I decided to wait till then. So this week I am going to do a serious re-read of ABOSSA from the beginning again! Will let you know eventually how I feel about it! Gonna be doing some in depth discussing of it with some friends of mine while we read it together, so may take awhile. wink.gif

I will see Diana the end of February so will ask her when the next book is out, but I doubt I get a definitive answer! wink.gif smile.gif
gwenlee 
Posted: 08-Jan-2006, 06:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

I'm sure that I will be reading the book again this summer. I was very bad. I read the end of the book first and then went back to the beginning. But I tend to do that with every book I read. I can't discuss how I feel about some things because there are those that haven't read the book and I don't want to spoil it for them. So maybe later on this year when more have read ABOSA we can talk about where the characters are going.
Firecracker 
Posted: 08-Jan-2006, 03:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

female

I wish we could get Diana Gabaldon for our Glasgow Highland Games.
That would be awesome!

--------------------
"Let's not and say we did"
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 13-Jan-2006, 02:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Firecracker! Why not invite her?! That's all she is waiting for ! wink.gif Let me know what happens! IF you need help in contacting her, let me know. wink.gif biggrin.gif

I re-reading ABOSAA right now. I am on chapter 9!
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 15-Jan-2006, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

CR that is so funny, I am re-reading ABOSAA too! What a co-winkie-dink! Happy reading!!

--------------------
[email protected]
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt